Chapter 10

Before I Say Goodbye
 
" Aish ! Stop holding onto me " Kai hissed at Heemi , his walk partner. But regardless that she hold onto his arm tighter. " But  I'm scared " 
 
Kai freed his arm from her as rough as he can and  cursed in his mind. It's not that  dark and he believed there's nothing there because of course the school make it safe for them to walk alone. He hates girls who clings a lot. 
 
" Kai ! " He felt relieve when he already met Chanyeol because walking with Heemi is like a walk in hell. Bomi and Heemi look at each other confusedly. 
 
" You guys can  walk together , bye " Kai said and smirked while Chanyeol waved at them  mischievously as they both command the girls to not continue walking until 10 minutes after. Poor girls , being left soon after that. 
 
 
 
 
Haeyeon doesn't know how much longer the road will take and it's too dark and too  creepy for her liking. She kept walking closely to Baekhyun in case something might appear and harm her. 
 
Baekhyun noticed she's being closer and closer, he glance at her scared face. It's hard to see in the dark but he could see  her eyes were cautiously looking everywhere. 
 
" Are you scared ? " Baekhyun asked with a flat tone. " I don't  like this kind of thing " she quickly answered , her eyes still looking every corner cautiously. Baekhyun thought it was cute. 
 
The bushes along the small road they are walking kept moving suddenly that they abruptly stopped in their tracks. Haeyeon hold onto the back of Baekhyun's jacket. He smiled to himself in the dark. 
 
" It's probably  just the wind " he assures her . She didn't reply but nods briskly. 
 
They started walking again and  he saw her taking a deep breath while shutting her eyes shut. Baekhyun actually thought she's not afraid of this thing since the way she behaved. He guess girls will stay as girls . 
 
Baekhyun holds out his hand to her " Do you want to hold hands ?" he asked. She was stunned and glance at him. He only gave her an assuring look. She looks at his hand ; hesitant to hold it. 
 
" Let's  finish this " she said sternly and took his hand, she holds on his hand so tightly that Baekhyun found her cuter that he can't stop smiling. 
 
They walk together again , a bit faster than before but calm. 
 
The further they walk the creepier it gets , while they were walking they are sounds from behind the trees that even Baekhyun got goosebumps from it. 
 
Haeyeon's eyes were not on the surrounding anymore, her head is close to his chest as she can't  bear to look anywhere anymore. She can't stand the dark surrounding, she never been in this situation and how much she wanted to keep acting brave she can't help. 
 
She felt his hands leave her hand so she with panic open her eyes in case she lost him in the dark. 
 
Instead, he put his arm around her shoulder. " It's okay. There's nothing to be scared of. I believe it's just the wind. " he said as his voice and their breathing the only thing heard in the dark. 
 
" Why is this road so long ?" she asked. Suddenly she thinks she likes it better when they were holding hands because now being close to him suddenly making her slightly nervous. 
 
" I don't even know. I'm sure we'll reach the end soon " he said gently. Haeyeon's body relaxed a little with his assuring comment. 
 
While they are walking calmly  , a sound like something heavy falls to the  ground was heard and they stop abruptly in their tracks. Baekhyun was  calm as he look around but Haeyeon kept trembling with herself and her breathing becomes heavier. 
She hates this  kind of things  , she hates creepy things , one of the reason why  she hates horror movies , haunted house and everything related to it. Because she hates it when people see her  weakness and Baekhyun is seeing it now. 
 
Baekhyun gripped around her shoulder become tighter as he looks carefully behind the trees eventhough it is so dark with  just a little light from the moon and stars. 
 
Then ,the sound of something or particularly someone running and rustling of leaves on the ground been heard and Baekhyun admit to himself that it's super creepy that he stumbles back in surprise. 
 
" What should we dooooo ? " Haeyeon cried in fear as she stamped on her feet, probably showing that she doesn't like anything of this at all. 
 
Baekhyun pulled her hands and kept walking faster. " I'm sure that's just one of the things our school prepared for us " he said. The one who prepared it sure are good at making people's soul shriek. But Baekhyun is grateful enough they only produce sounds rather than they make something appear, with the state Haeyeon is now , she might faint.
 
" The teachers are so mean to be doing this " she muttered grumpily as she follows Baekhyun hurriedly. Baekhyun chuckles " I know right ? " 
 
Even with beating heart because of the fear in the dark  , Haeyeon slightly  smile. At least she had someone calm enough to be her company. 
 
While Haeyeon was busy looking down on the road with a smile , Baekhyun worried face came by as he stopped suddenly. 
Haeyeon look up at him " What's wrong ? " she asked. " Oh no. How do we do this ? " Baekhyun said as he look at the road which divided into separates way. 
 
There's not a sign to which road they should take , and standing longer in the dark doesn't help at all. 
 
Haeyeon sighed desperately as her shoulder deflated. " What should we do now ? "