Chapter 12

Before I Say Goodbye

Haeyeon immediately searched for a suitable seat as soon as she arrived at the venue of her meeting with Baekhyun. She was in her neat outfit and was waiting patiently for him to appear.

She purposely curl her hair a bit today and she doesn’t really know why today she feels differently excited to dress up. She suddenly feels like a little girl again who wants to look pretty.

She looks around the café if she could spot him but it looks like he still doesn’t arrive yet. She sat on the chair , her back facing the entrance door. She fiddles with her phone while waiting ; expecting if maybe he'll call her.

The reason why she's fine with Baekhyun and her being , maybe they can call it friends , it's because he sees her for who she really is. Not just because she's the smart, the cold outward expression or the rich girl she is. She feels that he is the person that is safe for her to encounter without getting hurt in the end. Because one thing she's tired of being hurt by the one she holds dear.

She stares blankly at the table as she thinks of her mother who adores her beautiful sisters so much. Her father who's busy with work and only seek perfection from her. Her sisters who diss her because they think she's different.

She notices a presence by her table and she glances up. " Haeyeon ! " Chanyeol chirped , his face filled with excitement all over. Haeyeon stares at him without a word as if some sort of alien just called her name. What exactly is he doing here ?

Chanyeol snaps back to look at the other boys walking inside the cafe. Haeyeon did too. " Guys ! Over here ! " Chanyeol waves his hand and gestures them to come over here.

Haeyeon looks over to them and Chanyeol back to forth. She was suppose to meet Baekhyun but why are his friends here?

" Uhh, Chanyeol .." she spoke and Chanyeol beamed at her. " Yes ? " he said. Haeyeon collects her words to say but Kai interrupts. " Baekhyun will be very angry if he knew this- Whoa, who is this lady? " Kai said and stopped as he examines her from top to bottom several times.

He fixed his hair jokingly and smiles at her flirtatiously. " Hi, I'm Kai" he said and chuckles. Haeyeon actually snorted when he did that. Soon the others except Baekhyun surrounded the table.

" Wah, she's really pretty " Sehun said and Suho patted his shoulder , nodding in agreement. " Don't say that. She'll flatter " Kai bluntly said as he took his seat in front of her. She rolls her eyes " I won't " she protested.

The boys laughs and Haeyeon invited them to sit. " Where's Baekhyun by the way? I was suppose to meet him here " she said innocently. The boys snickered.

" He'll be here in a few seconds " D.O said. She glances at him for a few moments because he's so cute.

Suddenly the cafe door springs open and Baekhyun make a dash towards them while catching his breath. " Why are you guys so fast ? " he panted a few times and widened her eyes at the sight of Haeyeon with the boys.

* Of course she's on time!* Baekhyun mentally facepalmed. He actually thought she would be late for a few minutes because by then he could chase his friends away. He notices too that she's looking extra beautiful in her grey clothes.

P_source_1977884Ct131210143446IY0583.jpg

" I'm sorry. They wanted  to come " Baekhyun blurted and looks at her in the eyes to search for any anger. But yet, there was only softness in her eyes.

She gave him a small smile. " It's okay. I asked them to sit with us " she spoke and the boys cheered. Chanyeol jeered his tongue at him making his  insides pissed.

* I'm gonna kill him later * he told himself. Baekhyun seated himself beside her -since that's the only seat left at the table. It seems like the boys purposely left the seat empty for him.

He doesn't understand his friends. They treated him and Haeyeon like Baekhyun likes her and he's sure Haeyeon notices that. Baekhyun does sees her as a great person but not more than a friend. Or maybe he doesn't realize yet. Because one thing for sure he does find her attractive in his eyes.

" It's okay right, Haeyeon? I saw the text you sent him so I brought the others " Chanyeol said innocently and grinned in victory when he saw Baekhyun glares at him.

" She meant to treat only me you freak " Baekhyun retorts. Chanyeol raises her brow in challenge undefeatedly.

" It's fine. I'll treat all of you too " she said and gave them an assuring smile. The boys thanked her while Baekhyun rolls his eyes. It was meant for him at first. Eventhough it sounds childish, he felt special. At least he feels he was somehow special to Park Haeyeon.

 

 

 

The boys sat with her for two hours in the cafe, joking and  telling about their funny moments. Haeyeon will giggled and when they tells something really funny. She often smiles to herself looking at them. How carefree they are in front of her although she's still considered a stranger to them.

Baekhyun will steal glances at her to see her amused smiles and the twinkle in her eyes whenever she giggles. It was something new to see from her and he wants to see it more.

 

 

 

After all the fun chat , it's finally to leave. Haeyeon still gives them a bow when she wants to leave. Suho chuckles and pat her shoulder casually " You're too polite . It's okay to be rude with us you know " he said. Haeyeon blinks at him.

D.O cuts in " Well, not  literally " he said and they all naturally chuckled. Haeyeon breaks into a grin as she nods.

Baekhyun walks to beside her " Do you want  me to take you home? I don't mind " he talk softly to her while the others busy buzzing with their talks. His voice filled with concern that she can't help but to smile.

Haeyeon looks up to him " It's okay. I need to stop by somewhere " she said and assures him that it's fine. " I had fun. Thanks " she suddenly said shyly , not looking at him.

Baekhyun's eyes softens as she smiles warmly " Pssh. There's nothing to thank for anyway " he joked and they both laughed.

Haeyeon cleared awkwardly when the other boys keep throwing them suspicious look to what they were giggling about. " I'll leave first. Bye " she said as she looks over to the others and waves as well.

Baekhyun watches her as her figure is getting smaller and smaller as she disappears from his sight. He unknowingly smiled to himself as he turns to join his friends again.

 

 

 

Haeyeon pushed open the door and stepped inside the pharmacy. She walks over the shelves and takes a few packets of painkillers. She proceeds quickly to the counter and pays for it.

Haeyeon wouldn't actually mind if she could spend her time with them until the evening because being with them sure are fun and brightens up her mood.

But her head was torturing her all the while. It feels like someone pinch her brain. It was making her feels so dizzy and her head hurt like hell.

Right after she's sure she's out of Baekhyun's sight, she holds onto her head like her life depended on it. The pain was disturbing her and it hurt her like hell.

She just hopes that the painkillers will make it go away .