Chapter 14

Before I Say Goodbye

" Haeyeon ! " Chanyeol's eyes lit up when he sees his one and only female friend. Haeyeon smiles back to him with an excited expression all over. " Hey. What are you doing here ? " Baekhyun asked as he scans her outfit up and down. She's sure is pretty outside of school. " I just got back from the salon " she replied and the boys automatically look at her hair. 


" Did you get your hair done ? " they both asked in sync. Haeyeon chuckles " No, someone else " she replied as she tries to turn the topic. " Why do I always find you two together ? " she asked in a joking tone. Chanyeol laughs and secretly mouth to Haeyeon ' Him ' , pointing his finger to Baekhyun. 


" He just loves me too much it's suffocating  me ! " Chanyeol said overdramatically as Baekhyun smacks his back making him cries in pain. " Why is it always me ? " Baekhyun protests. Then he watch Chanyeol and Haeyeon laughs together. " Gosh , you can't even handle a joke though we've known for years " Chanyeol said as he still rubbing his hurt back. 


Baekhyun gave one last glare to him and looks back at Haeyeon who's looking all energetic. " So, do you want to hang with us ? " he said. Chanyeol beams to her " Yeah! That would be fun ! " he said , as he begins to cheer. Haeyeon laughs. That doesn't seem like a bad idea at all " Sure! " she replied happily as she skips along with them to wherever they are taking her.

 

 


First , they went to the arcade and Chanyeol just ran inside leaving both of them there like he just gone home. She guessed that he loves this place. 


Baekhyun saw Haeyeon was smiling to herself while watching Chanyeol. He cleared his throat " So.. have you played before ? " he asked , in case that she needs his help to play the games here although it's actually pretty simple to a smart girl like her. 


She twisted her lips and glance at Baekhyun. " Yes " her answer got him taken aback. He didn't know she plays here. From the way he got to know what kind of strict parents Haeyeon has , he thought that she wasn't allowed to play at this type of place. 


His mouth was slightly open as he stares at her , searching for the right word to say " Oh, really ? " 


Haeyeon laughed. She expected that kind of response from him. She knew he still think she's this innocent , inexperience and girly type . Though she knew of what she appear now seems that way but actually she has a fun soul in her which she already locked in long ago. 


" I'm very good  at games Baekhyun" she said again as she stares at him. Baekhyun finally grinned when he sees the confident light in her eyes " Let's find out if it's true or not " he said as he without warning pull her wrist together with him.

 

 


They played several games in the arcade. The loud noises mostly came out from the two boys while Haeyeon doesn't give out loud noises while playing. But as expected , of course the boys  wins since they played this frequently while Haeyeon just begins to play it again now after several years. 


" Wow, you were kinda good " Baekhyun said as they reached an ice cream parlour. Chanyeol who was walking in front of them , turn his head around " Are you kidding me ? You were very good ! I actually thought you were gonna beat Baekhyun just now " Chanyeol said out loud. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes when his friend begins to overreacting again. 


" Yeah, I actually played a lot when I was 15 "


The two boys turn to look at her " Then , what ? " they ask in synchronized. She bit her lip , she remembered again the past years when she notices she received love from no one. It was a very hurtful moment that changed her thoughts about people. 


" I kinda stop " she replied softly. Chanyeol and Baekhyun look at each other . Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a sign to not ask any further. He kinda thinks he knew why. 

 

 

When they went in for ice cream , already forgotting the past conversation, the two friends of Haeyeon begins to talk non stop again about random jokes in their life that they shared with her. She just can't stop smiling while listening. She felt so free being with them. 
She was so happy and focused to their story that she didn't notice the buzzing of her handphone in her pocket. 

 


Sunmi tapped her feet furiously while waiting. She didn't know where her sister went, but she don't really like waiting for her here. 


From far she can see her sister coming towards where she is sitting but it seems like her sister still doesn't notice she was sitting there. Sunmi small her eyes to see clearly. It looks like Haeyeon was walking with someone. As they come nearer , a small frown appeared on Sunmi's forehead. 


" What is she doing with them ?"