Chapter 3

Before I Say Goodbye
Haeyeon walked back inside and her father was standing there with furious eyes . "Where did you go ? " he raised his voice , which is not a different thing though . Haeyeon stare blankly at her father , her mother and sisters were sitting on the couch , watching her being scolded . " There's someone asking for direction " she lied . 
 
And again she had been slapped across her face by his father . She looked at her mother and sisters . There's not a glimpse of sympathy in their eyes . She felt hurt but her face doesn't showed anything . " I told you don't talk to strangers ! " he shouted . Mr Park look at her daughter who seems to not give any response like she always do . " Go back to your room " he said and left the living room . 
 
Her sisters and Mrs Park were eyeing her weirdly again . Haeyeon ignored the stares and walk up to her bedroom  .  Sunmi shrugged after Haeyeon left the living room " She's always like that " while flipping through her magazine . Minji who's sitting next to Mrs Park asks her mother " Why is unnie so weird ? " . Mrs Park shook her head " I don't even know " 
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun sighed as he walks out of the gate . He didn't really leave after the short meeting with Haeyeon . He didn't understand what Haeyeon meant and was about to ask her why . He was about to knock on the door when he heard a loud voice . He can't help himself but to eavesdrop at their conversations . He heard the sound of a man talking and assume that is Haeyeon's father and a loud sound of a slap .He immediately felt guilty afterwards  . If only he didn't come , Haeyeon wouldn't get slap by her father because of him  . He guess he knows what Haeyeon's eyes meant just now . 
 
He turned to look at the concrete walls and try to figure out which is Haeyeon's room. He was wondering if she's crying or sobbing alone . And if she's hurt . The wind blew as he stare at the only room that the curtains are closed . He just could feel that's Haeyeon's room . He pulled out his phone, pressed some numbers , then  holding it near to his ear . He waited for her to pick up while staring at her room's window . 
 
Haeyeon's phone vibrated and she look over at the unknown number . She didn't feel like answering . She never answer instead of her parents . That's the purpose why her parents gave her  a phone anyway . To know whereever she went , whether she's spending her time wisely or not . Haeyeon is hugging her knees while watching the phone buzz several times . She didn't know who it is, but she felt like she knew . Her phone buzz for the sixth time . She picked it up and put it in the drawer beside her bed . She can still hear the buzzing and try to ignore it again . After a while she didn't hear any buzzing anymore . 
 
Haeyeon stare at the drawer and hesitate to open it but eventually she did . She took out her phone and slide it open . There's one text message and she hesitate to read it or not . She pressed it and it was from someone she knows . She sighed as she read the text . 
 
 
Haeyeon , I'm sorry that you got hurt because of me . Please be okay . This is Baekhyun . 
 
She didn't get it . Can't he just ignore her like everybody do ? Why must he shows his concern and being nice towards her ? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The school starts as always on Monday , and she was moody than usual . She didn't talk or reply anyone . Even if the teacher asks her questions , she would just answer shortly . Baekhyun was getting worried and he didn't even know why . Maybe because Haeyeon's a girl . He lives with his mother and sister so he got used of taking care of women . 
 
In every lessons , Baekhyun kept glancing at Haeyeon . He can't help it after the meeting he had with her .He wants to ask her if she got his text message , if she was doing fine , lots of things .  He wants to know more about her as he knew there's the other side of Park Haeyeon .
 
The bell rang as the school ended for the day . Baekhyun quickly got up to talk to Haeyeon before she disappears again . 
"Hey , we need to do the  science project " he quickly told her directly . " Hmm ," she replied , without looking at him . She got up and walk pass him . Haeyeon stops at Chanyeol, who is standing at the door and told him to do the project at the library . Chanyeol nodded and look at Baekhyun who was still standing at his seat  . " Why does she looks like she's avoiding you ? " he asked . " What do you mean avoiding ? We're not even close " Baekhyun replied coldly, then leave Chanyeol . 
 
Chanyeol shrugged " What's up with that dude ? " he muttered . He bade goodbye to his other friends , Kai , Sehun and D.O before heading to the library too . 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Ahh , I'm sure it'll be more fun to do  this at my house " Chanyeol said as he stretch his arms , feeling bored as they were searching through some science  and research books . He eyed Haeyeon and as always she didn't give any response , just looking down at the book like the world stops moving and there's just her . Chanyeol pouted as they ignored him , again . He was trying to break the silence between Haeyeon and Baekhyun . He didn't know what's happening . 
 
" Haeyeon sshi , how about we do our project at my house tomorrow ? I have a big sister and she has a boyfriend who is a doctor . Since you're both women , you can talk to her and ask her for some informations , how about that ? Brilliant am I ? " he explained , leaning forward closer to Haeyeon who was sitting in front of him . 
 
" I told you , I can't go to a male's house " she said , without looking up from the book . 
 
" Oh , come on . Your parents wouldn't know . Thus , if we finish it faster then we can have much more free time , and we don't have to spend time after school anymore " he explained again , hoping that Haeyeon will agree with this . Baekhyun shifted his eyes from the book and glance at Haeyeon , and saw her wasn't exactly looking at the words in the book . She was thinking , considering Chanyeol's idea . And with that expression of hers , make Baekhyun smile secretly . 
 
" Hmm , I think that's oka- " 
 
"Then , it's settled ! " Chanyeol pumped his fist to the air , while shouting , earning a warning by the librarian . Baekhyun could see Haeyeon's eyes and expressions  relaxed a bit , maybe because of Chanyeol's bright behaviour . And he felt a little disappointed that he's not the one who made her feel that way . 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Haeyeon was researching through her books and the internet that night , in her room . She didn't know the topic Chanyeol chose would be that complicated . Its hard to study alone , and got noone to explain more to you , but Haeyeon manage to live with it all this while . Her phone beside her buzzed , so she slide it open to see one message came from an unknown number  . 
 
She stare at it longer than she usually have and eventually tap it to read . 
 
Just wondering , what are you doing right now ? - unknown number 
 
Her eyebrows lifted and wonder who the sender might be . She feels like replying so she replied anyways .* One message won't hurt right ? * she thought .
 
Who is this ? 
 
She sent and waited . The reply came in seconds after . 
 
Haha , very funny Park Haeyeon . Are you gonna continue ignoring and pretending that you don't know me for your whole life ? - unknown number
 
She frowned at the text message . What the hell is this person talking about . She didn't even know the sender . 
 
I believe I asked who you are  . Not telling you some jokes . 
 
She typed seriously , and sent it . She waited for the reply and she didn't even realise she ignore her school work for a moment to text with some stranger . 
 
The phone vibrated in her hands and she quickly slide it open . 
 
You're so stubborn . This is your classmate Byun Baekhyun . I sent you a message the last time . Didn't you save my number ? - unknown number 
 
" Ohhh " she said . She just deleted Baekhyun's last message and didn't even bother to save his number the last time as she thought they wouldn't contact anymore . 
 
Haeyeon didn't realise she was being carefree at the moment and how she waited for that one person to reply to her . It feels like the old days . The old her .
 
Why should I ? 
 
She knew this text sounds cruel or teasing but she just feels like to send this to him . From the bottom of her heart , she just want to know his reasons , of why he constantly try to talk to her , not getting tired of her . It's not like she's saying that Baekhyun could , maybe , be her friend . It's just the urge to know about his reasons . And honestly , eventhough she wouldn't really admit , she do feels happy at times , maybe a little bit happy , of how Baekhyun was trying so hard to make friends with her . 
She rose from her little thoughts when the phone vibrated again in her hands . 
 
Okay , okay . You're Park Haeyeon , right ? You will ignore me . I'm no important person . 
 
The text seems hurt and the feeling of guilty quickly emerged . She quickly typed to reply . 
 
Baekhyun , I'm sorry . 
 
She sent it without knowing what did she really typed . It's like she unconciously did it . The next text came real fast , she quickly read it to know his respond . 
 
It's the first time you called my name . umm , typed ? hihi 
 
She smiled when she know that he didn't feel hurt anymore . She smile longer than she expected . Well, she didn't really expect she would smile anyways , but when she finally realise it , her smile quickly faded . What was she doing anyway , she's suppose to ignore all , everything . She vowed to herself to do so cause she can't  be deceived by the people around her . She don't want to . 
 
She feels like her old self at the moment . Texting non stop with her female friends , laughing out loud while chatting on the phone , everything . She missed it . But she knows what she is right now . She can't be that person anymore , she can't never go back to that time where she had so much fun and also the pain that crept after . 
 
Haeyeon ? You already sleep ? 
 
She startled when the new message came in . She stare at it and the feelings of sadness and loneliness crept in again . The memories from the past flooded in and kept replaying again in her mind . She put away her phone and walk to her bed . No , she can't be that friendly and nice anymore . She shouldn't , especially with some random person she just met . Thus , they're not even close , so why should they even talk or text like this . 
 
She heard her phone buzzed again at her study table . She should just ignore him like she always do . Yes , she should do that . She believe that soon , Baekhyun would eventually get tired of her , and maybe feels irritate to . But deep in her heart , she wished Baekhyun won't think her like that , she wished Baekhyun would not ignore her . Not when everyone is . 
She chase the thoughts off and tried to sleep . 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They were on the bus , the three of them . Chanyeol  , Baekhyun and Haeyeon rode the bus after school to go to Chanyeol's house . The bus is too crowded at the time that Haeyeon feels so irritated by it . That's why everyday , she would only take the second bus , eventhough she had to wait 2 hours for it . But she can't help it today , as they already planned of going to Chanyeol's house after school to finish their science project . 
 
As the seats in the bus had already full , they had to stand closely to each other . Haeyeon was standing between Chanyeol and Baekhyun , and they notice her gloomy face , so they tried to not make any conversations with her , or she might burst into flames inside the bus . Chanyeol was standing facing Haeyeon and he eyed the awkward atmosphere between Baekhyun and Haeyeon . Well, maybe Baekhyun's the one who seems awkward as he keeps shifting a lot .
 
" Yah , Baekhyun . Do you wanna pee ? " he asked , making Baekhyun who kept taking glances at Haeyeon to startle . He glared at Chanyeol and the male chuckled . Baekhyun look at Haeyeon who seems like in her own world before replying " No . "
The bus stops at another stop at some school  and some new passengers step into the bus . There's some boys student , that is from another public school , gaze sharply at the students who were seating , and they quickly got up to gave them the seats . They chuckled and sat shamelessly . They eyed Haeyeon who's standing right beside their seat . The guy with spiked hair whispered to his friend , beside and they both turned to look at Haeyeon . 
 
They eyed her up and down at her pretty features  and more at her legs , and keep whispering again . Baekhyun and Chanyeol notice it , but Haeyeon seems like she's still in her own world to notice anything . 
 
Baekhyun saw the guy pulled out his phone and looks like he's taking a photo . He wouldn't let them take any advantage on her so he quickly walk to stand right in front of Haeyeon without him noticing his own sudden actions . He stands closely in front of Haeyeon that her face was facing his neck . As they were standing closely together , that make Baekhyun had to hold onto the holder that Haeyeon's holding , making Baekhyun to touch Haeyeon's hand . 
 
Baekhyun heard the guy behind him grumbled and look at Haeyeon . Haeyeon finally realising what was happening , widened her eyes . As she was about to push Baekhyun away , Baekhyun pull her close and whisper to her ear . 
" Stay this way " he said , softly , making her hairs bristle by his voice . No words come out from and she didn't even fought back . They stayed that way until the ride ends .