Chapter 2

Before I Say Goodbye


" Come on , Yeol . I can't wait for the bus anymore . Just borrow your sister's car ! " Baekhyun talks to the phone , and frowned as his best friend is making a lot of excuses . " Oh , come on . I just asked you to pick me up . I did your homework the last time right ?! " he said , loudly because of the loud sound of the rain . Haeyeon who was sitting frowned when he was not looking , he surely disturbed her peace moment .


* He's so loud ! *she frowned and that time she wished she brought her phone with her so that she could just listen to music without hearing Baekhyun talks . " Good , that's my friend " he said then laughed as he ended the call . Haeyeon rolled her eyes " Finally " she muttered slowly .


" Hey Haeyeon , my friend is coming soon so we'll ride you home " he said , turning to face her . " What ?! " she said , till her brows met at centre . Baekhyun was surprise by her new expression other than the one she usually shows . " Well, I can't just leave you alone here " he said softly hoping that she wouldn't suddenly burst into flames . Haeyeon open to say something but then close it again . She thought that talking to Baekhyun wasn't necessary .


" Forget it " she muttered softly but Baekhyun caught it . She got up from the bench and walk away from the bus stop into the rain . Baekhyun widened his eyes as he saw her walking in the heavy rain . " Yah ! " he called , and quickly got up and ran to her . He caught her arm and stopped her . Haeyeon flinched at the touch and pushed his hand away . She look up at Baekhyun who is taller than her with a annoyed face .


" What's wrong with you ?! " he said , while they both getting drenched in the rain . " What's with me ? What's with you ? Stop acting like you know me ! " she snapped back , raising her voice . Baekhyun was taken aback by her words , his eyebrows twitch too . " Of course I know you , we're classmates " he replied . Haeyeon exhaled heavily . What did she say that he wouldn't understand ? She obviously doesn't want to make friends or conversations .


Baekhyun stare down at her , who is looking the other way while the rain is till pouring on them . " Look , Chanyeol is gonna come any time soon so just let us take you home " he said , looking at her but Haeyeon didn't . " I can go home on my own " she replied expressionlessly . Baekhyun scoffed at her answer . " While it rained heavily ? "  he said , but it didn't seem like a question . Haeyeon showed him a serious face .


Baekhyun shook his head . " You're so stubborn . I'll take you home and that's final . " he said , pulling her wrist , then walk back to the bus stop . Haeyeon squirmed in his grip but Baekhyun didn't let go . He chuckled when he saw her uncomfortable by his touch . " I can't let you go , or you'll run away " he grinned , but gained no respond by Haeyeon .


Baekhyun heard a car horned and he quickly turned to look at the direction of the sound , he manage to see his friend in the driver's seat . He pulled Haeyeon with him to the car , and let Haeyeon step into the car  first .


As they were already in the car , Chanyeol turned around and chuckled with his deep voice . " Why are you two soaking wet ? " he asked . Haeyeon wore her usual expression again and look out the window . Chanyeol eyed Baekhyun and Haeyeon , and saw that Baekhyun was holding her wrist . Chanyeol wriggled his eyebrows at him and Baekhyun shake his head , denying whatever Chanyeol was thinking.


Chanyeol start driving away from the bus stop . " Where is your house , Haeyeon ? " he asked . " Just stop the car anywhere . " she said , coldly . Chanyeol look at the rear mirror and showed Baekhyun a confused expression . Baekhyun chuckled at her constant behaviour . "You're so stubborn " he said , shooking his head . Haeyeon just stayed quiet . She just hope that she'll get off the car quickly .


" Err , Baek ? Where should I drive her to ? " Chanyeol asked , not knowing where to drive to as he obviously doesn't know Haeyeon's house . Baekhyun look at Haeyeon but she didn't budge to say anything . He finally spoke " Just drive back to my house , I'll take her to mine " he said and glance at Haeyeon for her response . And as he expected she was startled . Baekhyun hold his laughter as he saw Haeyeon 's reaction .


Chanyeol smirked by his friend 's answer . He never seen Baekhyun tease a girl like this before . He 's just was always the nice one . " Okay " Chanyeol replied and drove off . Haeyeon sighed and told them her address . She heard the two males chuckled as she finally gives in .


  Baekhyun smiled and said " Good girl " .

 

 




She finally got off Chanyeol's car after the short tension ride . She bowed quickly at Chanyeol and said thanks before walking to her gate . Chanyeol smiled and waved at her but she didn't reply which makes him laugh more . Baekhyun lowered the car's windscreen and shouted at her " Hey ! What about me ? "


Haeyeon didn't turn back and just continue walking into her house . Baekhyun chuckled and sighed  at her walking figure in the rain . How can she walks in the rain so calmly . Most people would just run from it . He heard his friend chuckle and turn to him " What ? " he said . " You're soaking , man " he chuckled before zooming off again to Baekhyun's house . Baekhyun chuckled at the thought . * Yeah , I got drenched because of you * he smiled .

 

 




Mrs Park gasped when she saw her daughter soaking wet while walking in the house . " Why are you soaking wet ? " Haeyeon's mom's question just the same as Chanyeol's but with a different tone . And she prefered Chanyeol's . " It rained " she replied .  " You walked home ?!" she asked , ever so loudly that the whole house could hear . She never understand why her mom and her sisters must talk so loudly , she just hate it.


" What is it ? " Mr Park interupted as he heard his wife's loud voice . He stare at Haeyeon's who's soaking . " Why did you walk home when you know it's raining ? " her father scolded her , and she scoffed in her mind . " What if you get sick and couldn't attend school tomorrow  ?! " her father raised his voice , while her mother just stood beside her watching .


* Again , always studies they're worry about * she thought and regretted it as the thought ache her heart . She finally bowed after her father finished talking " I'm sorry " she said and walk up the stairs . She walks to her bedroom lazily and as she was about to pass Sunmi's bedroom , the door opened . Sunmi's was holding her hairbrush and eyed her up and down disgustingly  .


" Were you playing in the rain ? " she laughed . Haeyeon didn't look at her but stood there waiting for her to finish her insults . Sunmi look at her sister who ignored her then spoke up . " You should just ask anyone at your school to drive you home. I did it many times " she said . Haeyeon look at her sister coldly " I'm not like you " she said . Sunmi's feared that look the most but manage to cover it . She bravely scoffed " Of course you're not " she smirked at her then walk pass her , brushing Haeyeon's shoulder . " Mom ! "  she called loudly . " Yes , honey ?! " she heard her mother rushing towards her sister .
She closed her eyes and try to breathe properly . She can't avoid this anyway .

 

 

 



The next day , another thing that irks Haeyeon . Her science teacher gave them an assignment . She wouldn't mind if they had to do it individually , but she had to do it in groups . What's worse , she's in group with Baekhyun and his friend Chanyeol .


" Okay , move to  your own groups and discuss of what you're going to do " the science teacher announced . Haeyeon sigh softly .
Chanyeol who's desk is in front of Baekhyun turned behind with his bright smile . " So , what topic should we do ? " he asked . He was quite excited that he got in the same group as Haeyeon . He found Haeyeon 's kinda funny , especially how his friend's attention was always on her . Baekhyun shrugged " I don't know , what do you wanna do? " he asked . " Well, how about the reproduction of humans ? " he said , and Baekhyun shot him a glare . He gave a -what?- look at Baekhyun before turning to Haeyeon .


" Haeyeon , do you mind doing this topic ?" Chanyeol asked, obviously grinning and Baekhyun shot him another glare . He was afraid that she might burst in anger again like yesterday . They waited for her response .


" Any topic is fine " she said , playing with her pen . " It's settled then . " Chanyeol said and grinned at Baekhyun . *Chh, boys are the same * Haeyeon thought .


" So where should we do our project ? " Chanyeol speaks again as Haeyeon and Baekhyun showed no effort to talk . Both of them were quiet . " How about your house , Haeyeon ? " he asked and Haeyeon immediately reply " No ! " she said , surprising both of the males . " Umm, okay " he said , and Haeyeon sank back in her seat .


They absolutely can't come to her house or her parents would scold her again . They never let her being close with any guys . It's like they just want Haeyeon to study all her life . Too bad she can't marry books .


"So we just have to do it at either of our house " Chanyeol said , looking at Baekhyun and he just nodded . Haeyeon quickly say " I'm not allowed to go to a male's house " she said , softly . Baekhyun and Chanyeol stare at her weridly . " Well , you just have to tell your parents that- " Baekhyun said but she cut in " You don't know my parents " she said , looking away , feeling hurt once again when mention about her parents .


Suddenly the bell rang , they packed their things and got up from their seats . " Well , we have to decide the place to do- " Baekhyun turned to talk to Haeyeon but notice she already left . " She's weird " Chanyeol whispered to him , and he sigh . Haeyeon's not really weird to him , she's just different . Whether it's in a good or bad way , he just didn't know .
*Maybe I'll just talk to her tomorrow*

 

 




It is Saturday which means more work for Haeyeon .Haeyeon was mopping the floor downstairs , while her sisters were watching tv . It's her daily routine anyway , house cleaning . Her mom asked her to and she had to do it anyway , or she'll gonna hear the scoldings from her father . And she prefered sweating than hearing hurtful words from her own parents .


The bell suddenly rang and she wondered who that might be . She put away the mop and walks to the door . She widened her eyes at the sight of Baekhyun in front of her house . She almost let out a gasp . She stepped out of her house and close the door behind her . Baekhyun was confused by her weird actions but didn't have time to ask when she suddenly pulled him across the lawn and out of the gate . She dragged him further away from his house before groaning " What are you doing here ? " she asked grumpily .
Baekhyun gulped , he didn't know he wasn't allowed to meet her at her house . " We didn't discuss yet where to do the project and I don't know how to contact you " he explained himself and bit his lips . He saw Haeyeon's chest were going up and down and he thought that she might just shout at him there ,so he closed his eyes for whatever is coming .


But then , Haeyeon just let out a loud sigh and close her eyes . " I'm sorry okay ? Here " she said and pulled Baekhyun's hand . She wrote her phone number on his palm . Baekhyun was relieve that she didn't get angry at him and sigh softly . He gaze at her while she was writing her number and she like that peaceful sight . " Contact me using this " she said and turn away . She walked away from Baekhyun but stopped halfway . " Do not ever come here again " she said and continued walking towards her house .

Baekhyun was confused with that look she gave him . It's just the usual poker face she had on , but her eyes were completely different . It showed pain . And Baekhyun just knew that Haeyeon had her own things that she kept to herself and he hope that he could someday know it .