Chapter 4

Before I Say Goodbye

Baekhyun and Haeyeon were walking awkwardly beside each other after they step down the bus . Chanyeol was eyeing them interestingly and couldn’t help but to chuckle a bit seeing his best friend so uncomfortable . He jogged towards them and walk in between . He put both of his arms around Haeyeon and Baekhyun on either side .

Haeyeon flinched at the sudden contact and push his hands away slowly but Chanyeol was so stubborn that he circled his right arm around Haeyeon’s neck and pulled her closer to him .

“ So , let us have fun at my house ! “ Chanyeol said out loud with his deep voice . Baekhyun rolled his eyes at how Chanyeol kept holding Haeyeon closer to him . They finally arrive in front of Chanyeol’s house after the short walk .

Chanyeol’s house is a smaller than hers , but she just thought that it must be nice staying there since Chanyeol is a very cheerful guy .

*He must has a great family *  she thought .

Chanyeol pulled his hands away from Baekhyun and pulls Haeyeon with her hands and lead her inside the house .

Baekhyun was really irritated by Chanyeol ditching him and dragging Haeyeon into the house while holding hands . “ Traitor “ he muttered then proceeded into the house .

“ Omma ! I’m home ! “ Chanyeol called . Haeyeon’s stands nervously beside him . They were still holding hands as Chanyeol seems not to let go so Haeyeon just let him hold her hands for how long that he wants . Chanyeol saw that she was shifting uncomfortably and smile while looking down at her . “ It’s okay . My mom is very nice “ he said softly . Haeyeon glance at him a bit before nodding . She was actually feeling quite shy having close contact with Chanyeol . He’s a handsome guy and no matter how hard she tries to act cool , she still would feel that electricity through her skins when they were close .

Meanwhile , Baekhyun who was been ignored completely by the two , was scoffing quietly behind them . He can’t believe Chanyeol was acting that way . He stared at Haeyeon’s hand in Chanyeol’s and can’t help but to feel jealous at how Haeyeon seems to let him hold her . He feels like he wants to separate their hands and replace his in hers .

*What am I  thinking about ? Crazy * Baekhyun shook his head at his silly thought . His mind drifted back to when they were on the bus . He smiled at the thought when he was standing close to Haeyeon . He didn’t know why is he bothered so much about her . She’s just seems so mysterious that he wanted to be close to her and know more about her .

Chanyeol glance behind him . He saw his friend was smiling at himself and muttered “ Idiot “ . He was trying to make Baekhyun jealous as he finds Baekhyun was not being himself after he met Haeyeon . Chanyeol is not sure whether it’s regarding Baekhyun’s feelings but he feels fun to find out about it .

“ Oh , Channie “ her mom finally appeared from the kitchen while dusting her apron . Her mother gasped unknowingly when she saw Haeyeon . The three look at her confusedly wondering if she suddenly got a . “ What’s wrong omma ? “ a girl’s voice could be heard from the stairs .

Chanyeol’s mother turned to look at her eldest daughter and wept “ Channie brought a girl home “ she said .

Yura widened her eyes , " What ? " then she ran downstairs to see his little brother standing beside a pretty girl . " This can't be your girlfriend " Yura said . "Why not ? "Chanyeol snapped . " Cause she's so pretty . Girls like her are not suitable to be your girlfriend " Yura smirked at him . Baekhyun laughed from behind and earned a glare from Chanyeol .

" Yura , it's not nice to say that in front of Channie's girlfriend " Mrs Park said , defending her boy . Haeyeon finally cleared . " Umm, I'm not anyone's girlfriend " she said softly and Yura gave a winning look at Chanyeol . Baekhyun smiled at her statement . At least Chanyeol wouldn't do as he please after this .

" You're not ? " Mrs Park wept . Yura rolled her eyes at how dramatic her mother is " Omma , stop it . I got you a handsome and smart son-in-law and you never acted that way " Yura confessed . " It's because you had a lot of boyfriends back then . My Channie hadn't got one yet " Mrs Yura replied and look at Haeyeon . " What's your name dear ? " she asked .

Realising that she hadn't introduce herself yet , she quickly bowed politely " Anneyonghaseyo , Park Haeyeon imnida " she said . " Oh , you're a Park too ! " Mrs Park said cheerfully and quickly hugged Haeyeon , making her startle by her sudden reaction . She hadn't hug anyone for so long . She doesn't felt love and attention like this for so long and she like it .

" Ne, ahjumma " she replied then bowed again . " Oh , no need to call me that . Call me omoni " she said , giving a motherly smile at Haeyeon making her heart warm .

Chanyeol grinned at Baekhyun who look unsatisfied . They treated her like she's a member of the family . It's not like he dislike how fine Chanyeol's mother treated Haeyeon , it's just the thought that Chanyeol's mother would like if Haeyeon is her daughter-in-law which means that Haeyeon marrying Chanyeol .

He shook off that thought . He didn't know why is he thinking about that anyway .

Chanyeol finally explained to her mother and sister why they are here . " Oh , no big deal ! I'll ask him to give you some information " Yura said , while looking lovingly at Haeyeon . " Ne , thank you " Haeyeon replied and can't help but to feel good to have a big sister like her .

Chanyeol cleared his throat . " You mean us ? " he corrected and Yura rolled her eyes " Yeah , I'll ask oppa to give you guys some information about your project "

Chanyeol grinned winningly as Yura always avoid to help him . " Geez , Yeol . Why can't you be sweet like Haeyeon " Yura  grumbled . " Because I'm not a girl " he replied . "Then why aren't you sweet like oppa " Yura asked again , regarding her boyfriend . " Because I'm not your oppa  " he simply answered . " Ugh , that's why I know he wouldn't got himself a girlfriend like you " Yura said , while looking at Haeyeon . Haeyeon didn't reply , as she don't know the right answer .

" Yura ! Come and help me with this !!" Mrs Park called from inside the kitchen " Arasso ! " she replied and hurried into the kitchen . Haeyeon watched her disappear into the kitchen and turn to look at her watch .

" We should start now " she said , turning to look at Chanyeol and Baekhyun . Baekhyun turn to look at his friend for respond . " We can't do it today . Her boyfriend is not here " Chanyeol shrugged . Baekhyun nodded in agreement .

Haeyeon frowns " So , when do we actually start ? "

"We can do it tomorrow " Baekhyun said . Haeyeon open to protest . She shouldn't waste her energy coming all the way here when they aren't even starting to do it . But watching the bored face of Chanyeol and how nice his family welcomed her just now , she doesn't want to argue with him about it .

She stood up , and the both males look up at her " Where are you going ?" Baekhyun asked . " I'm going home " she said then quickly walk to the front door .

Baekhyun look at Chanyeol and he shrugged . " It's gonna rain . She can't walk home " 

Baekhyun frowns at his friend " You don't know how stubborn she is ! " he said before stroding for the door . Chanyeol raised one of his eyebrows " What's up with him ? "

Outside , Haeyeon was already walking past a few houses from Chanyeol's . Baekhyun quickly spotted her figure and ran to catch up with her . He pulled her hand and spun her around .

Haeyeon , merely shocked when someone pulled her , turned with a deep frown . When she saw Baekhyun , stopping her from walking in the rain , again , she pulled her hand away roughly then continue to walk away . Baekhyun manage to rolled  his eyes in the rain of how stubborn she can be . He catch up with her and pulled her hand roughly this time , dragging her back into the house .

Once they're inside , Haeyeon hissed "What is wrong with you ? I was walking home finely ! " , lowering her voice as she's in someone else's house . " Fine ? How can you are walking home finely while drenching in the rain ? " he snapped back . " It's technically none of your concern " she said , looking away . "What if you get sick ? " Baekhyun snapped again . " None . of . your . concern " she repeated while gritting her teeth . Baekhyun look at her unbelievably .

"Whoa , what's the hissing sounds here ? Wait , why do I always find you guys like this ? " Chanyeol came from the living room , watching they both drenched again , like the other time . " Yeah , she always made me got myself drenched . " Baekhyun said , which made Haeyeon snapped back " Excuse me ? I didn't ask you to join me "

" Oh , come on . No big deal , you guys can change here . Haeyeon can wear my sister's clothes , you can wear mine " Chanyeol said , and proceeding upstairs . They both were left alone together and they glance at each other awkwardly .

" Let's go . " Baekhyun started .

"You can go first " she muttered softly .

Baekhyun turned to her and said " How can I know if you escaped into the rain again ? "

" Ugh , fine " she groaned in defeat and stamped upstairs . Baekhyun chuckle as he win again this time before following her upstairs after .

 

 

They got changed into comfortable clothes and Baekhyun joined Chanyeol on his bed , playing video games . Haeyeon stood by the door awkwardly . Seriously ,as long as she knew them a bit, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are nice guys , but she couldn't trust them fully yet . Well, anything could happen right ?

" Shook off those dirty thoughts and come here. We're not gonna do anything to you " Baekhyun said without looking away from the screen, probably knowing what's on her mind right now . He doesn't accuse her though . They did just met so being alone with two guys that she barely know must have been uncomfortable for her .

Chanyeol manage to chuckle at his friend's statement . Haeyeon blushed .

" I wasn't having dirty thoughts ! " she said , her cheeks still tinted pink . Chanyeol turned away from the screen and look at her . " Then come here " he smirked, giving her a flirty look which made Haeyeon blushed even more . She wished that she could just be back in her room , away from these two perfect-face guys .

Baekhyun notices his friend's dirty look and pushed him off the bed roughly . " Dude , you're making her more uncomfortable " he said , and Chanyeol hissed in pain when he hit the ground . " Yah ! " he growled and stood up . Baekhyun glared at him and Chanyeol retreated " Fine , Haeyeon , I was just joking " he said forcely .

" Do you play games ? " he asked , his voice was so gentle which could  make any girl shivers . Baekhyun paused the game and turn to look at her too who was still at the same spot . They gave her a bored look as they thought that a posh girl like her wouldn't play video games like this but with Park Haeyeon , what could they expect ?

" I do , actually " she said and walk slowly toward the boys . They look at her amusedly and Baekhyun hands his controller to her . She sat beside Baekhyun and resume the game he was playing . Chanyeol , who was Baekhyun's opponent continue it too . He slowed down his car while playing the racing game as he doesn't want to go hard on her .

" You don't have to go easy on me . I can play really well " she said , without looking at him as she notices Chanyeol kept slowing his car in the game . Baekhyun laughed at how funny and challenging her statement is . Chanyeol smirked " Okay , we'll see "

 

" Let's change games ! " Chanyeol sighed as he got beaten again by Haeyeon . They changed three games already as Haeyeon kept winning .

 Haeyeon remembered that she played video games a lot when she was fifteen . She oftens went to her friends' house to play video games after school. But it's all in the past now , and her father never let her again .

Baekhyun chuckled as Chanyeol kept groaning after he loses one game every time . He stare at Haeyeon amused face . She didn't smile but her face wasn't hardened like she used to .

Haeyeon nodded and Chanyeol searched through his game box for other video games . " You're gonna stay here longer then ? " Baekhyun asked and Haeyeon turn to his direction . They stare at each other for a few seconds .

Haeyeon pursed her lips and look away . She can't stand his eyes . She look at the clock hanging on the wall and literally widened her eyes at how time it is and look out the window to found out that it has stop raining.  It's 4:45 and she must be back home before 5 or she'll get scolded again . She got used to being scolded  anyway , but she doesn't prefer it .

" I need to go back " she said , and picked up her bag . Chanyeol and Baekhyun watched her walk out of the room and raised their brows when Haeyeon walked in again . " Umm, can you give me a ride home ? I need to get home before 5" she said shyly .

" Sure , I have a bike " Chanyeol grinned and Baekhyun rolled his eyes . It is not exactly Chanyeol's but Yura's boyfriend gave it to him in case anything happen . Sort of like letting him borrow .

Chanyeol stood up and picked up his keys and jacket . He manage to whisper to Baekhyun " Gotta send a pretty girl home " he grinned and nudged Baekhyun . Baekhyun shrugged as he watched Chanyeol and Haeyeon out of the house . He just thought it would be nice if he's the one who would ride her back home .

 

 

Haeyeon returned to school tomorrow with her usual face . Baekhyun puffed his cheeks , with his eyes following Haeyeon as she took her seat .

" Why are you always looking like that every morning ? " he asked , and Haeyeon turn to give a warning glare not to talk to her . " Why are you so moody ? " he asked . Haeyeon pretend she didn't hear and opened her books .

Baekhyun look at her weirdly and lean nearer to her table " Did something happened yesterday ? " he asked again . Haeyeon closed her eyes and breathe properly . She doesn't want to burst in the morning .

" Why are you talking to me ? " she asked , with a scary glare in her eyes .

" Huh ? Uhh " Baekhyun leans back in his chair and look elsewhere , searching for the right answer in his head .

" Why are you talking to me like we're friends ? " she asked again , looking straight into his eyes  . Baekhyun could feels like her mood swings are really terrible . He actually couldn't even make it if it is her mood swings are weird or is it that she is naturally like that at school .

" Aren't we ? " he replied , unsurely . " No , we're not . " she said determinely . " We're not ? I thought we are after yesterday " he said , looking at her confusedly . He thought that they did got along well yesterday at Chanyeol's house .

" What ? The video games ? I just played because I was bored . By the way , you're the one who prevent me from going home , right ? " she said , raising her brows . Baekhyun scoffed at her answer , of how arrogant it sounded " I prevented you from getting sick " he said .

" I wasn't getting sick " she said  " You will if I didn't prevent you yesterday " he replied , probably annoyed at how confident she sounded . Couldn't she at least appreciate of his intentions ? He tear his gaze from her and scoffed slowly . " I shouldn't even pay attention to you in the first place " he muttered and opened his books as well .

Haeyeon was somehow hurt by his words . Maybe she was too much , she thought .

Her eyes darkened again when she flew back into reality . " Yeah , you shouldn't " she replied coldly .

 She shouldn't care about anyone right now , not ever . She cares , then she got betrayed . She didn't care anymore if Baekhyun hates her too , he didn't mean anything to her anyway . Just let the world hate her . If she's destined to not receive any love,any attention , then let it be that way . She will not seek for it as she will just got hurt eventually .

 

 

I'm sorry for any typos and mistakes . I didn't reread it . Do leave a comment (maybe?) and Thanks for reading :)