Chapter 1

Before I Say Goodbye

Haeyeon took one last glance at the mirror while fixing her tie and collar . Then walked out of her room . She walk past her sisters bedroom and as expected , they are still sleeping soundly without being told off  .


She ignored the sound of snores and proceeded downstairs where she finds her parents eating breakfast at the dining room . She took her seat , which is far from her parents' seats and picked her toast . She ate it quickly and drank a glass of milks in seconds .
She slowly stood up from her chair and bowed to her parents .


" I'm going to school " she said , softly .


They replied with a hum , without looking . Haeyeon then quickly walk out of the dining room and out of her house .


Once she was outside , she heaved a long sigh which is her routine every morning . Eventhough she receive that kind of attention from her parents often ,her  heart would always ache when they were bahaving as if she never exist in the house .


She walk out of the gate and look behind her . Her house is big , not as big as a mansion though , but you can still call it big . But for her like honestly , she doesn't need these if she just gonna live her life like in hell .


It's the first day of school , starting of a new year . She hated it as she would be the new girl again . Her father change her school because last year she got grades that was not well accepted by Mr Park . She lost her friends and also the comfortable surrounding of her old school . And as for today , she had to walk alone again .

 

 


She stepped down the bus , as it arrived at her new school . And as she wished it will not gonna happen , it did . Her father sent her to a public school . Not an elite private school , which consists of various kinds of students that she wished she'll never face

.
*Dad sure knows how to torture me * she sighed again and walk bravely inside the school . Some were still playing , and some were gossipping when she entered the hallway .


There's a few guys and girls turn to look at her . She stare blankly to the front and search the office . Once , she spotted it , she quickly entered to ask for her class schedule .


When she walks out of the office , the hallway was already empty , means that the students had already proceeded to their classes . She sighed again as she need to find her classroom alone .


She knocked on the door when she finally arrive and bowed to the teacher who was teaching .


" Ah , you must be the new student " the female teacher spoke up and she slowly walk in . The teacher turn to the front and face her students .


" Class , we had a new student today , be nice to her " the teacher said , and some girls shrugged and eyed her disgustingly , some were amused to see her , and some guys at the corner grinned .


" Of course , Ms Jung . We'll be nice to her " a brown haired guy snickered , then high five with his friends .


Haeyeon wished to rolled her eyes at the moment but she just stare blankly at the class . She bowed . " Hello , my name is Park Haeyeon "


" Ooh, hot girl " the brown haired guy's friend cooed and they all laugh along .


*Please , it's not even funny * she thought and the teacher point a seat for her at the back of the class . She bowed politely again to the teacher and walk to her seat .


Unfortunately , she had to pass a group of guys who were making fun of her just  now . She walk calmly pass them . The brown haired guy eyed her legs , then bent down when she passed them .


" I can't see , it's not short enough ! " he told his friend ,kinda whispering but Haeyeon can still hear it clearly. They snickered again . The teacher hushed them down . " Jongin , I told you to behave " she said .


Jongin replied playfully " Yes , Ms Jung ! "


Then , the guy beside him, Sehun, called him and motion him to look behind . " Baekhyun's lucky " he whispered to him and Jongin quickly turn to the back . He called Baekhyun and showed him thumbs up but Baekhyun  just shook his head .


Haeyeon realise the guys were looking at her but she just look to the front and concentrate on what the teacher was teaching .

When the bell rings , she put her pencil case and books inside her bag . " Hello , Haeyeon " a girl approach her , and she slowly look up to a beautiful girl with long brown wavy hair . The girl seem to hesitate at first as she showed no response .


" Um , hi . I'm Shin Aemi . I hope we could be friends " Aemi said and hold her hands to shake . Haeyeon just bowed with the same expression and walk out of the class . Aemi seemed a little bit stunned at her actions when she ignored her , but she still followed Haeyeon from behind .


Haeyeon searched for the library and eventually found it without anyone's help . She could still feels someone behind her so she turned and meet eyes with Aemi and Naeun , Aemi's friend . She had to look down a bit as they were shorter than her .


" Why are you guys here ? " she said , obvious coldness in her voice when she speaks . The two girls were stunned again and answered . " Ah , we thought we could make friends wi-" before she could finish , Haeyeon quickly cut in . " I don't think I want to make friends , Aemi-sshi " she bowed then walk in the library , leaving the two girls standing there with shock faces , maybe a little tinge of embarrassment .


Haeyeon didn't care if they thought her arrogant or cold . She knew those kind of persons all too well . They just want to befriended her because she was pretty , she's smart and she's rich . So why need friends anyway ? They would betrayed you at last .

 

 



" How's school today ? " Mr Park asked as they were sitting eating dinner together . " Fine " Haeyeon replied short . " Good , I expect you to get the 1st place as it is a public school " he said , looking at Haeyeon . Haeyeon nodded without looking . She finishes her meal and stood up . Her mother was busy chatting with her two other younger sisters , Sunmi and Minji , and keep praising them of how beautiful they are . In her family , she's the ugly duckling . Eventhough at school , everyone said she's beautiful , at home she was never beautiful in her parents eyes . Sunmi has big eyes and long eyelashes . She's the tallest among the siblings . She has milky skin and her hair was curly at the bottom . Mrs Park always feeling proud of Sunmi bacause many people told her that Sunmi looks like a model .


While , Minji has big eyes and long straight hair . Both of her sisters had brown hair as her mother often took them to salon and dyed them . And they didn't get scolded with her father .


Haeyeon just had a ordinary straight black hair which past her shoulders a bit and her skin is not as milky as Sunmi . Her feelings hurt when she saw her sisters being treated like a princess . She wants to be treated like that too , but she didn't dare to voice it out .
She walked upstairs quietly and close her room's door . She took her phone and saw a few messages from her old friends . She deleted all of them and put her phone inside the drawer beside her bed . She lies in her bed and pull the comforter up to her chest . She look around her room . * At least I have a big nice bedroom * she thought then drifted off to sleep .

 

 



The next day was the same . She hated how Jongin and his friends, or how his friends called him Kai ,  always turn around to look at her . All  day was the same as usual . Kai and his friends would eyed her when she stood up or if she needs to walk to the front . She feels like she wants to kick him of how he would always bent down to look below her skirt when she walk pass by. But because she doesn't want to have any business with anyone at this school , she decided to just ignore every stupid thing they were up to .
Haeyeon was walking to the bus stop as usual to ride back home . While she was walking there alone , a motorbike stopped beside her . The guy opened his helmet and revealed


Kai who was smirking at her . " Want a ride home , my lady ? " he said , with a flirty tone . Haeyeon gave him a glance then continue walking ,completely ignoring him .


" Ah , playing hard to get huh ? " he said , while slowly riding his bike to catch up with her . Haeyeon wore the same expression and didn't respond . Kai didn't reply and to be honest it's kind of embarrassing when someone just ignore you when you are talking to them so he just put on his helmet and  zoomed off .


* Finally * Haeyeon thought . When she was nearing the bus stop , she saw the bus had already gone off . She sat on the seat provided at the bus stop and waited for the next bus which is about 2 hours to arrive .


She tap her foot like she usually do and look up the sky . Suddenly , the rain was pouring and she feels calm a bit . She loves the rain as it feels dull and she would just hear the sound of the rain hits the ground . What's the use of sunny day , when her feelings are not as bright as the day ?


" Aish , I didn't know it would rain today " Baekhyun arrived at the bus stop , as he ran to the nearest shelter . He wiped his blazer with his left hand as it drenched a bit at his shoulders . Haeyeon realise he was there then watch him for a few seconds before looking elsewhere .


Only then , Baekhyun seems to notice her presence . Baekhyun eyed her for a moment , the way she gazed at the sky and just stay quiet listening to the rain . " Park Haeyeon ? " he called , as he clearly remembered his new classmate . Haeyeon sigh a little , making sure it is not so visible to the male . She thought she could have some peace and calm time before heading to home again . She took the second bus on purpose though because she doesn't want to head home so early .


Haeyeon turned her head a bit and look at Baekhyun expressionlessly , waiting for him to say whatever  he was going to . Baekhyun walks closer to her , looking down at her as she was sitting . " Do you know me ? I'm your classmate , Baekhyun . "he said with a friendly tone . Seeing no response from the girl , he talks again . " Umm , our desk beside each other . " he said , making motion with his fingers . But still , Haeyeon gave him an uninterested look in hope that he'll give up .


Baekhyun was quiet next and looks elsewhere , and Haeyeon thought that he finally gave up but he actually didn't . Baekhyun took a seat next to her and turn to face her . Haeyeon jumped from the sudden closeness  because she hadn't sat closer to anyone for quite some time but manage to still mask her discomfort. " This maybe gonna be a bit hard though , seeing that you never spare a glance at anyone in class " he said , then continued " It's okay , I'll talk to you tomorrow in class " .


Haeyeon hoped to scoff that time but stare blankly at him and simply replied " No , thank you " . Haeyeon looks to the front and move further from him . Baekhyun stare weirdly at her " O...kay ? " he spoke , then move to sit in a comfortable position .
They waited and waited for the next bus and Baekhyun seems to become more impatient . He turned to check on Haeyeon and she's still the same , looking up the sky which is raining heavily by now . " Hey . " he called but Haeyeon didn't budge . He scrunched his nose " Hey " he called again ,but Haeyeon wore the same expression .


" Park Haeyeon " he called her name .


*Aish , this guy is irritating * Haeyeon closed her eyes and breathe heavily . She turned with her usual face but there's abvious annoyance in her eyes . " What ? " she asked . And Baekhyun actually smile as she finally respond . * Is he playing with me ? Why is he smiling ?* she thought and frowns mentally .


"Do you know when the bus is coming ? " he asked , looking straight into her eyes .
" About 1 more hour " she replied calmly . " What ?! " he said and look at her and found that she's not joking . He sighed and pulled out his phone from his pocket and pressed a number .

 

 

The drama Shark is really sad T_T I don't want to watch the ending :'(