Chapter 5

Before I Say Goodbye

The whole week all Haeyeon does was getting the science project done. She didn't know why she felt guilty towards Baekhyun. She didn't do anything wrong. She just doesn't want to get too close with anyone or making friends.

It's enough one time when she lose all her friends.

" Wah, Haeyeon. Your room is so cool. Even my sister doesn't have a bedroom as big as yours " Bora said when Haeyeon's friends came to her house after school.

Haeyeon smiled " Aniya. My dad's the one who gave me this room " she said.

Haeyeon doesn't really like it when her friends overcomplimented her. They are talking as if she is so amazing whereas they are rich as well.

" Do you guys wants to watch TV downstairs. I'll make some snacks for you" Haeyeon asked kindly and her friends nodded, their eyes still looking around the room.

While they are walking down trough the hallway, Haeyeon's other friend Suyeon whispered " Have you ever bring Taejoon home? Your room is so big he must like it a lot. " she said and giggled along with Bora.

" Yeah. Your parents often went overseas too right. " Bora said , slapping Haeyeon's arm teasingly. " Then you two have a lot time alone " Then, Bora and Suyeon burst out laughing again.

Haeyeon smile uncomfortably when they talk about that topic. They're still young and her friends were thinking overboard.

Bora and Suyeon were Haeyeon's best friends. They were always with her through thick and thin. But they seem to become so naughty since Haeyeon started to date Han Taejoon, the football team captain , who is 3 years older than her. Haeyeon was 16 but she was popular throughout the school because of her look.

" What are you talking about ! " Haeyeon was shock when she heard her father shouted at her. She turned around and found her father furious look.

" So this is all you've been doing ?! " her father shouted at her . Not to mention that her friends were there as well.

" Appa , it's not what you think- "

" I sent you to a prestigious school and you didn't take it seriously. You think I didn't know that your grades dropped lately? I gave you all that you wanted and you're behaving this wretched ?! " her father shouted again and Haeyeon felt like crying.

Yes, she admit that her grades had been dropping because her boyfriend kept asking her to skip classes. And she like it when she's with Taejoon. But she never bring him into her house without her parents' permission. Eventhough she's not a good girl but she never the wretched one.

Her father watched Bora and Suyeon who were standing beside Haeyeon. " So you're making friends with this kind of people? How low can you be Park Haeyeon ? You ashamed me " her dad said, obviously mocking her best friends.

" Appa! They're my best friends- " Pang ! Her dad slapped her for the first time in her 16 years of living. Her friends look at her terrifyingly. " Don't you dare take someone else's side in front of me! " he shouted angrily.

" You guys better not step into this house anymore" her dad grunted and gave them a glare. Bora and Suyeon gave a quick bow and ran away.

" From now on, I'll take away all the things I've given you. And you will live only following my orders , Park Haeyeon. I will not make you ashame me the second time. " he grunted .

After that, her big room -that her friends were so proud of -been taken away, her friends won't talk to her anymore and her boyfriend left her.

 

Haeyeon put the pendrive and a blue file onto his desk. Baekhyun look at her weirdly. They didn't talk for a week now and it surprised him that she's suddenly here.

" I finished the science research and I already made the slide for the presentation " she said coldly.

Baekhyun stare at her a little longer. " You look tired." he spoke. Haeyeon fake a cough and look away. She tied her hair in high ponytail , her socks up to her knees and she had a big dark circles under her eyes.

“ Show this to Chanyeol too “ she said and left, leaving Baekhyun with his statement.

Baekhyun glance at her a little longer then focus back at the file she had given him.  He slightly smile. Haeyeon finished the science research all by herself.

He peek at her next to his table and she’s still with her usual blank face.

The teacher came in and Baekhyun face the front again. He kicked Chanyeol’s chair in front of him since Chanyeol is dozing off.

“ I believe we could start the presentation today. Are you done with the research topic I gave you? “ the female teacher voiced.

Half of the class groaned while the others stayed silent in their seats. The teacher ignored their complaints and called each group by name. The ones who wasn’t ready, their marks would be deducted.

“ Park Chanyeol and his team. Please present now “ the teacher called.

Haeyeon stood up from her chair calmly and walk to the front. She gave Baekhyun a glance and he immediately stood up too. Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol who’s clueless.

“ We aren’t ready. Why stood up?” Chanyeol whispered. Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

He gave the pendrive to the teacher and she plugged in. Baekhyun nudge Chanyeol for him to give the introduction.

Chanyeol cleared his throat and gave a short greeting. Then there was silence for a while and Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun. Baekhyun glances at Haeyeon.

Haeyeon stepped in further and spoke about their research. She talk all the way, leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol just standing behind her like idiots.

 Truth to be told, they wasn’t ready themselves. Baekhyun and Haeyeon were having cold treatments toward each other and they stopped working together on the research. And since the boys are at their usual lazy state, they didn’t even prepare for the presentation. To be exact, they completely forgot about it.

Haeyeon finished speaking and she turned to the teacher for her respond.

The teacher smile at her “ That was brilliant, Park Haeyeon. But this is a group work but I see that you’ve been speaking alone. Those boys have to do something too for me to give you excellent marks” the teacher said, judging the boys who stood like statues behind.

Haeyeon respond calmly as she is expecting this “ We decided that I will do the talk since they already done the research. We already separate our own part”

The teacher turn to look at the two “ I see “ she nodded. “ Well then , good job. You may sit “ she said and wrote down their achievements.

Haeyeon walks back to her seat while the two guys followed her to their seats, completely dumbfounded.

 

When the bell rang, Baekhyun went to Haeyeon’s desk. “ Is it okay? You’ve done the work all by yourself “ he said.

Haeyeon is busy stuffing her books inside her bag. “ It’s fine “ she said without looking. She stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder and walk away.

Baekhyun watched her left and sighed.

 

 

Haeyeon went inside her bedroom and locked the door. She throws herself onto her bed and took a deep breath.

The last few days were frustrating for Haeyeon. She can’t get over the things she heard and remembered. It was Sumin’s birthday last Sunday, which was three days ago.

Haeyeon didn’t wish to hear what she heard that day. She was walking back inside the house after watering the flowers, then she heard her mother talking to her sisters.

They were talking about Sumin’s birthday. Sumin was so happy that day. Their father throws a birthday party for Sumin in their backyard. Sumin invited her whole class and also their parents’ friends. And yes, they didn’t inform a thing to Haeyeon and she stayed all day inside her room.

Because she was hurt and upset,she studied non-stop as that’s the only thing that could make her forget what is going on. That explains the dark circles under her eyes.

Haeyeon got up from her bed after a while and took off her blazer. She took her shower and dressed herself in a blue shirt and black leggings. She walked to her bookshelf and search for a book to read.

She runs her fingers across the numbers of books. “ Great” she muttered. She finished all the books and she’s not in the mood to read the same story. So, she paced across her room, not knowing what to do.

She walk to her study table and take out her textbooks from her schoolbag. “ Looks like I’m studying too, tonight “ she mumbled and twirl her mechanical pencil in her hands. Then, she start studying silently.

 

 

Haeyeon was thirsty after all the reading and she can’t focus. She walked out of her room and to downstairs. The living room echoes with her mother’s and sister’s laughter.

Haeyeon doesn’t want to stumble onto them, so she walk to the other kitchen door. She took a bottle of cold water and sat at the counter. She opens the cap and drink.

“ Omo, you’re so pretty! No wonder my lovely daughter got so many admirers. “ Haeyeon stopped drinking when she heard her mother.

She curiously walk from the counter to the door and peek at them.

Mrs Park is preparing Sumin lovingly. She fixed her dress and her hair. Minji is looking admiringly at her beautiful sister. “ Unnie, I wish I’m pretty like you too “ she pouted.

Mrs Park chuckled at her youngest daughter “ Aigoo. You’re cute enough” she said pinching her cheeks.

“ Omma, does this dress really suits me?” Sumin asks , worryingly.

“ You suit in every outfit, darling “ Mrs Park comforted. “ Hmm, okay then. I’ll head to the party now”  Sumin smiles cheerfully, giving kisses to Mrs Park and Minji.

Haeyeon was still watching them as they both walk Sumin out. She was holding onto the cold bottle for too long now, and her palm is numb.

Her stare was blank ; as usual , but her heart was terribly hurt. It was so obvious how different she is treated in that house and she didn’t know where part of her that disgust them , mostly her own mother.

 

Haeyeon was preparing herself in front of the mirror. Her dress is simple, plain white with soft ruffles at the bottom. She fixed her bangs and lipstick before smiling brightly at her own reflection.

Her phone beep and she slide her phone to read a text message from her boyfriend.

 

From: Taejoon oppa <3

Baby ! I’m waiting at the usual place. Ppali come okay ? I miss you already.

 

She stifled a giggle as she reads the message. Her boyfriend is so cute even when he’s older than her by 3 years. She took her bag and cardigan before running downstairs.

She ran to a nearby mirror in the living room. She wears her light blue cardigan and fixed her hair again, making sure she looks perfect.

“ Oh, look at her” she heard Sumin’s voice.

From the mirror, she saw her sister lying on her mother’s lap and Minji who is watching TV with them.

Haeyeon pretends like she doesn’t hear her. They’re always like that ; talking as if she wasn’t there. She bet that they were talking worst behind her back.

“ Why is she trying so hard ? “ Sumin says again , and Haeyeon could feel that they all are staring at her now.

Haeyeon looks away from the mirror and proceeds to the door.

“ Yeah, she’s not even pretty to be trying so hard to look good.” She would feel okay if it’s Sumin who said that again. She wouldn’t mind. But her mother who said that, agreeing to what Sumin’s said earlier. She felt hurt by that insult.

She always admits that Sumin is much prettier than her, but why are looks so important to her mother that she could even disgust by her own daughter. And thus, she’s not ugly to begin with. She’s just less prettier than Sumin. After all, she doesn’t need to look like a goddess to feel good about herself.

She grips the door handle before closing it gently with trembling hands.

Her boyfriend is waiting for their date and she doesn’t want to cry now.

 

Haeyeon gripped onto the water bottle hardly. She hated that Sumin’s being love the most. Like , what’s so good about her anyway. She’s dumb and annoying. She’s always acting cute around everyone. She’s just a spoilt girl who thinks she’s the best.

Well, maybe that’s what people likes the most. Cute girls. People nowadays doesn’t even care about sincerity anymore.

 

 

Haeyeon is forced to go on a trip where they will camp in the forest.

She used to love this kind of trip, but now she hated it with all her fiber. It’s the trip where she has to mix with all these people unwillingly.

She wore her dull green jacket with yellow shirt, and black pants. She tied her hair in a neat ponytail. She looks totally cute even in simple clothes as the boys , who are waiting at the bus stop together with the other students, were looking at her interestingly.

But Haeyeon’s face doesn’t suit her attire at all. Her face was dark , giving the aura of killing anyone who comes near her.

And some humans doesn’t get her aura.

“ Look what we have here. I thought you’ll be wearing skirt on this trip. It will be much more interesting “ Kai spoke as he stood beside her.

Haeyeon’s face was calm and blank as usual ; like she has no feelings at all. The other students near them were already eyeing them interestingly, listening to their conversation.

Baekhyun eyed her as well, wondering if she will fight back since she usually ignore. Baekhyun didn’t talk to her much these days since they already completed their presentation. He actually felt annoyed too that everytime Haeyeon will just ignore him when he’s talking to her. So he just decided to stop paying attention to her.

“ Only stupid people with shallow minds would do that “ Haeyeon replied, making some of the students shocked since Park Haeyeon doesn’t speak much and they rarely hear her voice .

And a few group of girls -who only have knowledge about looks and boys- felt offended by her statement because obviously they are wearing skirts. They’re going on a trip in a forest, not a trip to Paris. Those girls are obviously gonna seduce the men when they are going hiking later.

Well, Haeyeon wished that there will be snakes gliding around their bare legs later. Shallow minded people.

Kai was lost at words to say after that. He thought that she will ignore him like she always does.

“ Well then , who are you sitting with on the bus ? “ Kai asked randomly letting out a chuckle. “ Not with shallow minded people of course “ she replied coldly. She’s getting annoyed with this conversation and she just hope the bus will arrive now.

“ Of course, spoilt brat like you think you’re all perfect to mix up with low classes people huh ? “ Kai said, this time in a harsh tone but even .

Haeyeon turned to face him and smirked “ Well, I’m glad you understand this now” she spat making Kai boiled up in anger at her behaviour.

Kai walks closer to her and Baekhyun didn’t like the sight of it because Kai never hesitate to slap anyone who pisses him off ; even if it’s a girl.

“ I didn’t like the fact that you’re humiliating me right now, Park Haeyeon” she whispered , just for her to hear.

Haeyeon gave him a piercing cold stare “ I believe you started this first” she replied without fear. She can sense that he’s gonna hit her if she speaks more but she like that he felt challenged by her. And not to mention, she’s use to getting beat and insult anyway.

They were in staring contest ; more like glaring , with Kai’s dangerous look and Haeyeon’s calm face.

Baekhyun was kinda annoyed that Haeyeon has guts to piss Kai , but he doesn’t like where this is going. Baekhyun knows his friend. Kai is dangerous when he’s angry.

Luckily the bus arrived and Baekhyun sprang over to Haeyeon and pulled her into the bus; avoiding a war that is coming their way.

Kai was left there scoffing to himself and then Sehun and others came to calm him down. Chanyeol was amazed of Haeyeon once again and got onto the bus after his friend.

 

 

Sorry if there's mistakes because I didn't reread this . I'll be updating  often now ^^ Since I finished my other fic, I'll be focusing on this one now :D I hope this is long enough to make up the rare updates ^_^ Thanks for reading :)