Chapter 18

Unexpected Joy

"TAEC, WHY ARE YOU HERE?" I shouted at him in English. He smirked and walked towards us. 

"Shouldn't I be introduced here?" He replied, again in English. Tace walked over to me, smiled, and ruffled my hair. This whole situation must have confused poor Zico, since he pushed Taec's hand down, and pulled me behind him. 

"Ah, Zico, it's okay. He's my brother." I said, walking out to the front again. 

"Brother?!" Zico said in surprise. As if on cue,both Taec and I nodded slowly, at the same time. "But... You two look nothing alike!" I was going to argue that he looked nothing like his siblings, but he did. I smiled at him and patted his head. Taec cleared his throat as if to remind us that he was still there. 

"Oh, right." I muttered. "Why are you here?" I tilted my head in obvious confusion

"Mom and dad told me you were on some sort of rebelious streak or something, that I should come take you back." He examined Zico closesly. "Is this the delinquent they shouted about?" I nodded. He continued examining Zico. "Doesn't look bad to me. I approve." 

Zico smiled, as if he was extremely happy that someone from my family accepted him , and actually wanted me to be with him. 

"Oh, I haven't properly introduced you guys. Taecyeon, this is my boyfriend, Woo Jiho, and Zico, this is my brother Taecyeon." They nodded at each other, before I grabbed both of their hands and made them shake them. Seeing an oppurtunity, I smirked and turned to Taeyeon. 

"Hey, do you wanna be a nice big brother and hang out with us?" I said, switiching my language to English. 

"Why?" he asked , confused. 

"Because, I figure, if you supervise us, and see what a great guy he is, you can convince mom and dad to be cool with him. PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAAASE?" I said, throwing myself at him. 

"And what's in it for me." He said, more like an abrupt statement instead of a question. 

"Um.... I'll introduce you to a lovely person! You'll get along with them just great! They're your age, and into the same stuff you are!" I never said what gender they would be :) He still looked unconvinced. "COME OOOON. BE A GOOD BROTHER. DO IT FOR HIM!" I said grabbing Zico and pulling his face down to my level. He looked at me, confused since the whole conversation had been in English. 

"Don't worry, just act cute." I whispered to him in Korean. He stared at me with huge eyes. I smiled and moved his face to stare at Taecyeon. 

"WHO WOULD RESIST THIS TAEC? COME ONE. PLEASE?" he laughed, which was a good since. 

"Fine. But we should start speaking English again. It looks like your man is confused." And just like that , things started to get better.

I grinned widely, and grabbed both of their arms. "LET'S GO!" 

It was Taec's first time in Korea since we were little, so there was a lot to see. We started it off by going to buy some dukbokki and ramen, which we all shared and enjoyed. 

"So, Zico, what do you do for a living?" he looked dead serious. 

"...uhm.. I'm a student.." Zico said quietly.

"And you think being a student is going to support the family? HUH?" He slammed his chopsticks on the table. 

"OPPA!" I stared at him in shock. 

"What? I want to have a little fun." He answered me in English and smirked. I glared at him. I'm glad I never let him know about my past relationships. This would've been torture back then too. Zico looked at me with these innocent, huge eyes. My heart softened. 

"Oppa's just joking Zico. Don't take it seriously." I said , launching myself at him. I couldn't resist. He was just so... cute. It then reminded me that I was doing this in secret, technically. My dearest parents still thought he wanted to ruin me. 

"That's enough." Taec pulled me away from Zico. I glared at him again. "What, you're still my little sister. This seems weird to me." I rolled my eyes. 

"What should we do next?" I clapped my hands, trying to lift the mood. 

"We could go to an amusement park." Zico talked. It was so strange. It was like he was afraid to talk or something. 

I think we both regretted the amusement park idea. I was instantly forgotten, and it became an episode of "Taec s and starts a bromance with Woo Jiho." Every single ride we went on, they sat together. They took pictures together. They even left me alone in the haunted house, to be together. I got so frustrated, I yelled at one of the actors when they tried to scare me. 

"Yah, Jiho, you want to share a churro." Taec said, putting his arm around Zico. 

"Sure hyung." Zico smiled and put his arm around Taec. They sped off, once again, leaving me behind. 

"Yah! I like churros too.." 

About an hour later, they were worn out an bored of the amusement park. I sighed in relief. Finally, time to go home and get Taec to convince mom and dad to let Zico stay. 

"Hyung, do you like karaoke?" Zico suddenly piped up. 

"I love it." Taec said, and they began to walk away. 

"NO." I screamed at the top of my lungs. "YOU TWO HAVE DRIVEN ME UP THE WALL. I WATCHED YOU GUYS HAVE FUN, AND EAT CHURROS WITHOUT ME. DO YOU GUYS NEVER GET TIRED? MY FEET ARE KILLING ME!" They both stared at me, shocked. "VICTOR, YOU ARE TAKING ME HOME RIGHT THIS INSTANT." Taec stared blankly at me. Since I called him by his American name, he knew I meant business. I stomped away towards the direction of our house, followed by the sulking pair.

"But... Cris, you said if I spent the day with you guys, you'd introduce me to someone." He said, and flinched as soon as he finished, as if he was afraid of me. 

"Oh, yes. That reminds me." I said, smirking. I ignored their side conversations consisting of "Your girlfriend is scary.", followed by, "Yah, she's your sister." After a small walk, we arrived in front of Rina's apartment. Zico didn't know she lived here either, so there's no way Taeyeon's deception could be ruined. I knocked on the door, and Rina came to answer it moments later. 

"Gross! SunMi, she's like 10!" Taecyeon screamed in English. 

"PATIENCE" I screamed back.

"oh, SunMi-ah, what's up?" Rina said, looking quite shocked, and staring at Taecyeon. 

"Is Junho home?" I asked, smirking. 

"Junho, that's a weird name for a girl." Taecyeon said, looking confused. As if on cue, Junho came to the door. 

"Junho isn't a girl." I smirked. 

"WHAT? SUNMI, YOU CHEATED." Taecyeon screamed. 

"I said I'd introduce you to a lovely person, I never said anything about gender." Rina and Junho just stared at us in confussion, so I filled them in. 

"So," Junho said awkwardly. "Do you like SNSD?" Taec nodded. "Cool. I have tickets. Wanna go?" 

"Yay, now I can have my boyfriend back." I exclaimed, grabbing on to Zico's arm. 

~

"Where were you?" Was the first thing I heard my mother say when we stepped inside. 

"Well-" I began, but Taecyeon inturupted me. 

"SunMi showed me around, and we went to an amusement park. It was fun." He said brightly. 

"That's good, you guys are bonding." My dad said, not looking up from him newspaper. 

"Zico came too." He said abruptly. My father closed his paper.

"What?" My mother said, surprised.

"Listen, I know you guys asked me to come here to talk sense into her," he pointed at me. "But there's not much sense to be talked. He's a good guy. He could be good for her." I suddenly forgot every single speck of anger I felt towards him. I smiled and nudged him. 

"He did change for us." My father wondered aloud. 

"If Taec thinks so too." My mother said, looking at my father. 

"should we give it a chance?" They both said at the same time. I smiled and my stomach did backflips. Everything was good

Too good. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I still wonder why happiness ends so aprubtly for us, Jiho. 

That acceptance was the only thing I wished for. I guess I should've expanded, knowing something would go wrong. 

8 Cranes. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello guys c: 

So.. late night update. I've been busy with last minute school stuff lolitstartsmondayandistillhavetoreadtwobooks.

I promise I'll try to write more, and hopefully finish this before school starts!

keke, I've been blasting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAq-KGWaKb0 all night. It's just so catchy!

~DamnThatDubu

lol i'm so dumb, I never un-clicked save as draft.... so... yeah...