Flashback!

My ChildHood Friend

 

"Soo Hyo!!"  Chanhee ran up to her with a big smile. "Chanhee!" Soo Hyo hugged him tightly. She was five years old at the time. Chanhee was six. "I'm glad you could make it! I didn't want to ride those scary coasters by myself," Chanhee laughed at himself and scratched the back of his head. Soo Hyo pulled his arm and led him to a coaster. "Can we ride this one, Chanhee?" She gave him a smile he couldn't resist. He nodded. 
They rode it together and Chanhee screamed his mind out.
He was messing with something inside of his pocket. Soo Hyo took noticed and peeped over his shoulder. "What do you have in your pocket?"  A grin crept to her face. Chanhee smiled at her and pulled it out. He knew she was just going to keep bothering him about it, so he just decided to show her. He pulled out a box and opened it. "Soo Hyo, we've been best friends for a long time! I know we are young, but when we get older. Can we get married?" He grinned like the little boy he was. She looked at the perfect ruby necklace in the box. 
"How'd you get this?" She took the box as her eyes gleamed. "I saved up my allowance for the past year to get it!" Chanhee took the box back. Soo Hyo put on a thinking face. He frowned when she didn't answer right away.
"Yes Chanhee!" She tackled him and gave him a peck on the cheek. 
After a while, they continued to ride rides. Chanhee was dizzy after a few dozen of rides, so they both sat down. His stomached growled and so did hers. They both laughed at each other. "I'll go get us something to eat! Umma gave me money!" Soo Hyo grinned and ran off. She got them some fries and chicken tenders. She ran back to the table she left Chanhee at. 
Except, he wasn't there. "Chanhee?" She looked around for him. She got scared and started to cry. "Chanhee! Where are you?" Her crying became more intense. Until her mother came. "Soo Hyo, you said you would be here with an adult. I called Chanhee's mother and she said she was at home! You have explaining to do," With that, they left. Soo Hyo's tears still streamed down her cheeks. Where had her best friend gone? She never saw him again.