Taking Her In

My ChildHood Friend

 

A lonesome girl slept on a bench in the park at night. It was pouring down raining and all she had on was a tattered tank top and shorts. She didn't even have any shoes. This is how she lived for the past few years. Only enough money to get one meal of food each day, nothing more.
 
The rain stopped hitting her, as someone held out an umbrella. Her eyes fluttered open and she spotted a man who she thought had blonde hair with a tinge of what looked like brown on the tips.
"W-Who are you?" Her voice was hoarse. He held out his hand.  She hesitantly grabbed it and stood up.
"My name is Chunji," he looked at her and gave her a smile. Chunji held the umbrella over both of them and walked with his hand in hers. She just followed him to a dormroom. She assumed it was his. He unlocked the door and walked in. She looked around the place, nothing was running through her head. "What's your name?" Chunji brought over some milk.
"Soo Hyo..." She drank the milk fast. He stared at her. Her eyes started to droop. "Y-You have some milk," he motioned to her upper lip. She rubbed it with her wrist. She was about to lay on the floor, until Chunji stopped her.
He shook his head. "You can sleep in my room,  I'll sleep out here," 
She didn't feel right doing that, but he wouldn't let her sleep on the floor. He showed her his room. He shared with someone else. Chunji tucked her in to the bottom bunk, which was his bunk. 
"Sleep, if you need anything, I'll be out there," With that, he walked out of the room, into the living room. He laid on the couch and went to sleep. Soo Hyo felt like she was in heaven, she had forgotten what it felt like to sleep in a bed. She hasn't been in one for years. Tears slid down her cheeks as she fell asleep.