Puppy

The Blithe Café

HENRY POV

 

"WHY IS THERE A DOG IN THE STOVE?"

...

"GUYS." 

...

"GUYS THERE'S A DOG IN THE STOVE." 

...

"IT'S STARING AT ME." 

...

"OMG GUYS ITS WALKING TOWARDS ME." 

...

"OMIGOD IT'S SNARLING AT ME. GUYS HELP ME." 

...

"OHHHH GOD, IT'S TEETH. IT'S GONNA KILL ME. SOMEONE HELP ME." 

"Okay!" I yelled. "Minho! There isn't a dog in the stove! You're hallucinating." 

"OMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD IT'S ME!" A crash. "WTF WHY IS THE DOOR LOCKED? AHHHHH IT'S ATTACKING ME." 

Beside me, Dongwoon snickered, a lollipop dangling from his mouth as he listened to Minho having a panic attack. I spun around, fixing him with a glare. 

"Dongwoon. Open the door."

He pouted but reached in his pocket, produced a key, and opened the dorm's door. Minho burst out, eyes wide, breaths hoarse as he dashed past the two of us, and down the stairs. A puppy, no taller than my knee, trotted out happily a few seconds after Minho and stared at us, tail wagging.

I just stared. 

Then turned to Dongwoon. "Son Dongwoon, why was there a puppy in the stove?" He jsut grinned and reached down to pet the black and white puppy, scratching behind its ears. 

"Good boy!" 

I pressed my fingers to my temple, thanking the world in general that I didn't have to live with these idiots. 

"Dongwoon, bring the puppy back to its owner." Dongwoon froze. 

"Um..." 

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHOSE THE OWNER?" 

He squirmed. "I might have forgotten." 

I let out a sigh. "Okay. Okay, I can fix this." 

 

~~~

 

Baekhyun looked confused. "Why are we having a staff meeting?" 

"Because of a puppy and Dongwoon's idiot brain," Taemin offered, bending down to pet the dog. 

I sighed, and surveyed the lot of them. Chanyeol was sitting as far from Baekhyun as he could get. T.K was sitting there, a blissful smile on his face, totally tuned out. Yoseob and Kikwang were staring straight ahead, pretending the other wasn't in existence. Dongwoon was avoiding Doojoon, who kept trying to sit next to him. 

"Dongwoon is an idiot," Baekhyun confirmed, nodding thoughtfully. 

"He set fire to the kitchen," Chanyeol muttered. 

"It was more of an explosion," Dongwoon cut in helpfully. 

"Guys. Focus," Minho snapped, sitting on a table so he didn't have to be close to the "scary" puppy. 

"First of all, Dongwoon, putting a puppy in the stove is like animal abuse. And second, how are we suppose to find the dog's owner? Where did you get him?" 

"The street," Dongwoon said, like it should have been obvious. 

I rolled my eyes. "Okay. So was the puppy alone?" 

"Um, yeah. I think so. Yeah." 

"Okay. Okay. So we're gonna have to make the sign things and put them up places."

Dongwoon moaned. "That's a lotta work though." 

"You should've thought of that before kidnapping it!," Minho said helpfully, the sentence ending in a shriek as the puppy got dangerously close to me, tail still wagging.

"Okay. So we're gonna take a picture, make the sign and stuff, and then go out and put them places. Okay? Um...." I scanned the crowd. "Chanyeol and Baek, you go together." Chanyeol opened his mouth like he was about to protest, but he snapped it shut before any words got out. "T.K, you'll go with me. Minho and Taemin. Dongwoon and Doojoon. And Kikwang and Yoseob." At the mention of the last pairing, Yoseob pushed his jaw out, but said nothing, his eyes narrowed. Kikwang let out an audible sigh.

"Okay," I said again. "Let's do this!" 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

GUYS IT'S STILL ME I JSUT CHANGED MY USERNAME. OKAY? Okay.