I'm Sorry

The Blithe Café

BAEKHYUN POV

 

No. No, this isn't happening. I can't. I can't. I like girls. I can't. 

I can't be gay.

 

I remember thinking that. Three years ago. It was before I told my parents, before I went there, before I came to Blithe, and before I met Chanyeol and Henry and everyone. Before I accepted it. Being bi is the most confusing thing to realize, I think. If you're gay, then yeah, you're confused. You're supposed to like the opposite . It's just the way it works, and your brain, your heart, is going the wrong direction. But being bi, at first, you think that you can just shut off that side of your heart. That you can ignore it and just date who society thinks you should. It doesn't work like that. I learned that. 

 

Two years ago. 

 

*     *     *

 

HENRY POV

 

Sure, we didn't expect Doojoon and Dongwoon to find Yoseob. We didn't expect anyone to find Yoseob. I just wanted to get them out of Blithe. But what we didn't expect was Kikwang to walk in, Yoseob, his nose and ears reddened from the cold, beside him. I was behind the counter, melting chocolate for a customer, Taemin talking with another customer near the bookshelf, their voices low enough so the quiet music and shuffling of people muffled their words, but he looked like he was comforting them. That was what Blithe had been opened to do, after all. Give people good food, and a place to be comfortable in, to be a home outside of home. 

The bell over the door tinkled as the two walked in, and Yoseob cautiously looked around, suddenly shy, and Kikwang was already looking like he wanted to disappear. I abandoned the stove and pushed open the counter with my hip, walking over to the two, who were taking off their jackets. 

"Where were you?" I asked Yeseob fiercely, but kept my voice down. He his lips, eyes darting over to Kikwang as if he expected the withdrawn boy to help him, but when nothing came to his rescue, he looked at me, a guilty expression on his face. 

"Out." I gave him an unamused look. 

"You can't just rush off like that. You're working night tonight." 

"Sorry," he replied, looking thoroughly guilty. Kikwang started to edge away, heading for the back room, but I stepped in his way, all the while keeping my attention on Yoseob.

"Look, Yeseob. I know how hard it was to tell us that. I do. But we were worried when you just ran out the door like that and didn't come back. We sent out Doojoon and Dongwoon, and they still haven't come back.

"I know," he continued lowering my voice even more. "I know you felt like it was your fault, but it wasn't. It was just old memories. It was just old pain. It wasn't your fault. We asked you to tell us, and you only did what we asked you too. it was our fault, if it was anyone's." Yoseob's lip quivered, his eyes slowly filling with tears, and I moved closer, not noticing as Kikwang slipped away. 

"It can only get better now, okay? It'll only get better."

 

*     *     *

 

DONGWOON POV

 

The moon was high in the sky when Doojoon hyung stopped. His eyes were wide, his face tilted up to the star-filled sky. The snow had cleared up halfway through our fruitless search for the missing Yoseob, and the moon was full and the color of our vanilla frosting. I stopped walking too, and looked at hyung as his eyes traced the cuts the buildings of Seoul made in the sky. It was clear he was new to the city. Me, I've lived here my whole life, and I don't plan on moving any time soon.

Hyung let out a breath, the white from his exhale puffing out like smoke from a fog machine, before dissipating into the cold air. "What happened to Chanyeol?" He asked me suddenly, and I shrugged. 

"I don't know. Someone must've mentioned his parents or something," I said, and hyung's eyes sharpened with interest, but he didn't question further. We stood there in silence for a couple of minutes, the street we were standing in empty except for us. 

Hyung turned to me, his face open. "Dongwoon, can I tell you something?" 

"Sure," I said, my attention not really focused on hyung, who was looking at me. 

"I think I like you," he said, and I turned toward him, suprised. 

"Why?" He looked confused. 

"Um... I don't know... I just do," he said. I wrinkled my nose. I was happy, but kinda creeped out. I had known this guy for maybe half a day.

"12 hours," I stated. 

"What?" Hyung asked, his eyebrows pulled together.

"12 hours I've known you," I explained, and he nodded. 

"Oh. Well, I don't know. I just have this feeling." 

"Um." 

"I believe in love at first sight, you know. When I first saw you I really liked you." 

"Um."

"It's okay, I just wanted to tell you." 

"Um." 

Now he looked slightly alarmed. "Are you okay?" 

"Um." 

"Okay, let's go back to Blithe," hyung sighed, and I could see him shake his head, just a little, and the flash of a grin appear on his face before he took my arm and lead me, stunned and unable to really speak, back to Blithe. 

 

*     *     *

 

TAEMIN POV

 

Why is there so much drama today? Yeah, sure, it's Blithe, which is run by a bunch of idiots, but seriously. Chanyeol climbed on the roof, Yeseob ran off, Dongwoon set fire to the kitchen, and Doojoon and Dongwoon came back from looking for Yoseob with Doojoon still looking idiotically happy and slightly worried, Dongwoon with his eyes huge and he looked spaced out. Like, really spaced out.

It had only taken an hour or so to shake me out of my stupor, out of my memories that I would rather not relive again, bandI have been working with Henry the night shift for the last two or three hours. Nights were always fun, because the customers just need a place to sit down and think, and its quieter; more peaceful. But the bad part was that you stay up the whole night, and you can only go to sleep at 11, when we officially open in the mornings. We really didn't need three, but it would have been helpful to have Yeseob helping instead of sitting in the corner. I had finally taken pity on him and given him a cup of our famous melted chocolate, and he sat there, eyes distant, expression unreadable. 

Kikwang had slipped upstairs to his room, but it was unusual for him to do that; to go after someone, to bring them back, to make contact with another person, because I was sure I had seen him in Blithe right before Yoseob had run off. There must be something about Yeseob.

Doojoon hauled Dongwoon to the counter, his eyebrows drawn together as he steadied the frozen Dongwoon. 

"Taemin, I think I broke him," he whispered, looking suprised and a bit scared. 

I leaned over the counter and poked Dongwoon's cheek, and when he made no movement, I nodded, leaning back, hiding a laugh.

"What did you do, confess your love to him?" I chuckled, but then stopped, a grin spreading on my face as I saw Doojoon's expression.

"Wait, you did? Really?" 

He looked down, shuffling his feet. "Maybe." 

I laughed out loud. "Oh, he'll be fine. Give him a half an hour, he'll be screaming in your ear again. He's just... not very good with people liking him." Doojoon made an expression. 

"Will this happen every time?" 

"Every time?" I tilted my head. "Wait, did he not answer you?" 

Doojoon pouted, pushing out his lips, looking dejected. "Nope." 

I snickered, pushing off the counter to continue wiping the glass. "It's gonna be a rollarcoaster ride with that kid, Doojoon-ah. Have fun." 

Doojoon just smiled. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi! *waves* Sooo freakin sorry for again, a long wait for another chapter. I added the POVs at a request, so hopefully it'll be less confusing now.

So I wasn't planning on updating again, but then a lovely subbie asked me too and I did:) So, if its been more than like 2 weeks since I last updated, just tell me in a comment or message and I'll totally try to update because I get really distracted from this story for some reason. But update! Yay! And isn't Doojoon so cute:) I read somewhere that Doojoon believes in love at first sight so I decided to put it in here for some Doowoon!! Yay!!

Comment, please! Thanks!