Newcomer

The Blithe Café

 

YOSEOB POV

 

"Are you okay?" Henry asked me. I blinked quickly, willing myself not to cry. 

"Yeah, yeah, hyung, I'm fine." I don't know why, but today everything had just came crashing down on me. The fact that I still didn't have a place to live. The fact of him. The fact that I couldn't go ten minutes outside of Blithe without thinking of him. But I had Blithe. Since I had started working there a week ago, it had become my home. It was the place I could go where he couldn't haunt me, where his voice couldn't whisper in my ear. I forced a smile on my face for hyungs benefit, but I knew that with Blithe, a real one would come soon enough. Henry gave me a look, like he didn't believe me, and I didn't blame him. But he just shook his head and let me lead the way into Blithe. 

"HEY HYUNGS!"  T.K yelled as he smiled at me and pelted poor Baekhyun with cherry pits. I grinned back, and got my first look at the room today. The bakery was a war zone. Everyone except Minho and Kikwang were ambushing each other with cherry seeds, the noise pretty much at the normal level, which to normal people, is unbearable, but I've gotten used to it. 

"BACON, I'LL SAVE YOU!" Chanyeol ran over from across the room and threw himself in front of Baekhyun, who wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's waist and buried his face into his back dramatically. I don't think anyone missed how our Channie's face turned bright red. Chuckling, I made my way over to the oven, and started helping Minho with loading the cakes in the oven.

"Ah!" I shrieked when a cherry pit hit my head. They actually hurt. I turned around, grabbing a frying pan. Everyone in the cherry war froze, and I saw Minho laugh next to me. I scanned the guilty faces of the troublemakerers. Taemin, with a straight face, darted his eyes toward innocent Dongwoon, who was hiding under a table. I looked at Taemin again. His eyebrows moving, and his poker face breaking a little bit, he looked at Dongwoon and back at me again. 

"LEE TAEMIN!" 

 

*     *     *

 

KIKWANG POV

 

I watched Yoseob chase Taemin around with the frying pan, fighting a smile. But then I remembered her, and my smile fell off my face. Forgive me, I pleaded to her silently, and I knew she would understand. 

I trust Yoseob now. It had been a week, and as far as I knew, he hadn't told. I knew that avoiding him isn't the best plan to know if he told anyone or not, but I knew he would stare at me. I knew he would feel sorry off me, and I didn't want that. 

 

*     *     *

 

YOSEOB POV

 

"Hello, sir, what can I get for you today?" I asked the man in front of me. 

"Um... I'll have the roast beef sandwitch and fries please," The man decided. 

"Okay, coming right up," I told him, and walked up to the counter, where T.K, Taemin, Chanyeol, and Dongwoon were working. I leaned up against the counter, resting my elbows on the flat surface. 

"Roast beef and fries," I told Taemin, who had come up to get the order. He nodded.

"OMO! SON DONGWOON! WHY IS THERE A FIRE?!" T.K screamed, and Dongwoon was smart enough to duck into the other room. Henry rushed over to the fire, and I figured he would soon have it under control. Turning back toward the door, and seeing that no one new had come in and at at one of my tables, I hopped onto the wide counter and stole a cookie. 

"Ya, hyung!" T.K yelled, and hit me with the deadly spatula as he breezed past. 

"Owwwwwwwwwwww," I moaned, and stole another cookie, grinning. T.K came at me with the spatula again, and I shrieked and ran to hide behind Baekhyun, who was taking a handsome guys order. "Help!" 

Baekhyun started screaming. "T.K! He's over here!" 

I stepped out from behind my betrayer and gave him an insulted look. "How dare you!" Dongwoon suddenly appeared again and handed me a frying pan. "Thank you!" Baekhyun squealed and rushed over to Chanyeol, me chasing him. 

 

*     *     *

 

DONGWOON POV

 

I took out my notepad. "What can I get you?" The guy wasn't a regular, I knew all of them by heart, so it was impressive that he looked at me instead of Yoseob hyung chasing around Baekhyun hyung with the frying pan I definitely not given him, or Chanyeol hyung and Henry hyung trying to put out the fire that was currently lit somewhere in the kitchen that I had definitely not started. The guy looked around again at Blithe and asked a very brave question. 

"Can I work here?" 

 

*     *     *

 

YOSEOB POV

 

"My name is Doojoon," the guy said. "I'm a cook." Minho nodded. 

"You're hired!" 

The guy looked stunned, like I had been, but he recovered quickly. 

"Thank you, Minho."

"Dongwoon!" Minho called him over. 

"What? Did you find out about the fire? Because I totally didn't start it!" Dongwoon panicked, and I snickered. 

"WHAT? THERE WAS A FIRE?!?!?" Minho yelled.

Henry put his hand over Dongwoons mouth. "There wasn't a fire. There was... Just... Um, a small explosion?" I stuffed my fist in my mouth to stop from laughing, and I could see Chanyeol next ot me doing the same thing, while Baekhyun just looked confused. 

Minho's mouth was wide open, and then he took a breath and got back on topic. "Anyway, Dongwoon, this is Doojoon. He's gonna be a cook here, so can you show him around and stuff?"

"REALLY? YOU WANT ME TO?! YAY!" Dongwoon screamed, and dragged off poor Doojoon, who for some reason had a smile on his face. That was weird. 

"Okay, guys, back to work!" Minho clapped his hands and retreated into the office, muttering something about fires and explosions and him going crazy. 

I started cracking up, Chanyeol literally rolling on the floor. The bell on the door chimed, and immediately we all scattered to our places, trying to look at least a little normal. A pretty girl walked through the door. She had a heart-shaped face, hazel eyes, and m shaped lips. Baekhyun's face lit up the way that only Channie, and apparently this girl, could make it, and he rushed over to her. The girl leaned in to hug Baekhyun, and I saw Chanyeol's ever present smile drop from his lips. Baekhyun turned toward us. 

"Guys, this is Jina-noona!" 

We all politely said hello and returned to our work, Baekhyun giving Jina a kiss before leading her over to a table and getting her a cupcake. The aptmesphere that was so friendly seconds before seemed to freeze. 

"Roast beef," T.K called, breaking the tension a little, and we all started moving and carrying on with our duties. As T.K passed me the plate he cast a worried look around Blithe for Chanyeol, but he was nowhere to be found.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

* Jina is just a randon girl I made up. Any relation to a idol or anyone is just coincidence