Hate Him

The Blithe Café

 

YOSEOB POV
 
 
My boot crunched in the snow, leaving a mark in the otherwise perfect white. I was here. Finally. I took a deep breath, my eyes widening as I saw the towering buildings, the bright lights shining as the sun went down, the people. I had no idea how I was going to find Yesung, my old friend from high school that lived here, in this huge city. After what had happened, I had called him and told him everything that had happened, and asked if I could stay there for a while until I got on my feet. He had said yes immediately, and here I am. Two days later, with only an address, and the want, the need, to put my past behind me. To start anew. I needed to find Yesung. That was first priority for me. But I had no idea where he lived. I was completely, utterly lost. So I did the next best thing. I ran up to the first person I saw and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around, and tilted his head. I nearly had a heart attack. It was him. What was he doing here? Then I blinked. It wasn't him. It was just my imagination. "Ne?" The stranger asked. He was gorgeous- perfect skin, round cheekbones, and cat-like eyes, the like of which I had never seen before. He looked nothing like the guy. Nothing. But there was a certain jut of his hip, a slight smirk on his lips that I knew, instantly, that he was a diva. Big time. 
 
"Do you know where this is?" I showed him the paper. 
 
He nodded. "That's a confusing part of Seoul though- Do you want me to come with you?" 
 
"Er... No tha-" 
 
"Taemin! Jjong hyung! I'm gonna help him find his apartment!" He yelled across at the two boys he was walking with earlier.
 
"Ne Umma!" The taller one shouted back, and I think I saw the shorter one pout, just a little bit, before the taller one dragged him over to store, screaming something about banana milk. 
 
He then turned to me. "C'mon, it's this way." The boy, who I guessed was a little younger than me, started weaving through the crowds of people. It wasn't far, so we walked the whole way, the boy always leading, and pointing out little shops and if the food there was good or not, like a tour guide. Nothing really caught my eye, until I saw it. A little shop on a quiet street corner, with a wooden sign hanging above the door and a string of lights that had just flickered on, ready for the dark night ahead.
 
"What about that place?" I asked him, pointing toward the little store. I felt compelled by it, for some reason. Key paused for a second. 
 
"That's Blithe. Little cafe, it has cakes and stuff, and also makes lunch. Best cupcakes in town- the baker who makes them is amazing,"
 
Key said, grinning. "Hey, if you're looking for a job, I think they're hiring." 
 
"Really?" I practically gasped. I wanted that job. I didn't know why- I just did. 
 
Key chuckled. "Yup."
 
The rest of the walk was uneventful, and soon I found myself at the address. "This is the building," Key told me. "Your friend's loft is on 10th floor. Good luck with the job and everything. I'll stop by the cafe sometime and try to find you," he said with a smile.
 
I grinned. "Thanks for all your help." I started walking towards the building, but I heard the boy's voice again. 
 
"By the way, what's your name?" 
 
"Yoseob."
 
He nodded. "Mine's Kibum, but everyone calls me Key." 
 
I took the elevator, incredibly nervous. I hadn't seen Yesung in years. On the phone he sounded the same as he had from high school, but what about in person? He was really the only person I knew in Seoul, other than Key, and if we didn't get along now I'm pretty much doomed. I don't have enough money to stay at a hotel for very long, much less buy my own place. The elevator dinged, and the doors slid open. I could feel my heart beating, fast. I looked at the paper, then walked down the silent hall. The door was a dark, grey wood, with silver letters. I took a deep breath. This was to a new beginning, a new life. Here, I'll heal. I'll forget. I had to believe it. I knocked on the door. 
 
"Seobbie!!" Yesung squealed as he opened the door. "Omo, you're so cuuutttteee now!!!!!! You haven't met Ddangkkoming or Ddangkkomawng yet have you? Or Kkoming? Or Melo?!?! You're going to love them!"
 
"Hyung! I haven't seen you since high school!" I squealed back, and grinned as he hugged me and then pulled me into the apartment. It was on the top floor of the building, with big windows that probably let in a lot of light in the daytime, large rooms, and an airy feel, and even a little balcony. Yesung laughed at my awestruck expression. 
 
"Nice, right? Anyway, your room is to your left. Also, I forgot to tell you, I have a roommate, G.O. He's a nice guy. Sorta shy, and weirdly neat, but awesome!" Yesung was excited. I could tell. But then his expression sobered as if he just remember the reason I had had to some to Seoul. "Are you ok, Seobbie? After... You know?" He almost whispered. 
 
I took a breath, willing the tears to not come. They still did. "Aw, Seobbie, don't cry," Yesung pulled me in for another hug. I hugged back, sobbing. 
 
"I... just... can't forget him. I want to... but I just can't hyung! Why can't I forget him?!"
 
"Seobbie... You need time. It's only been a week. It'll be okay. You'll find someone else. You just need time Seobbie..."
 
"Thanks hyung..." I sniffed, then stepped back, embarrassed. "I saw a cafe on the way here that was hiring, so I think tomorrow I'm gonna try to apply." 
 
"Sounds good. But no hurry though, stay as long as you like, Seobbie." 
 
"Thanks hyung." I smiled, and wiped the tears off my cheeks before going into my room and, after hours off tossing and turning, I finally slept. 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
So! First chapter! Yay! I'm sorry about the shortness of the chapter and stuff, but I'll make them longer. I promise:)