Be Alright

The Blithe Café

T.K POV

 

When we all finally got back home, and were gathered in the living room on top of Blithe, Yoseob looked even worse than when he had left, and was jumping at every single sound. Kikwang and him had came back seperately, Yoseob first, tearing into Blithe with a look like he had just seen a ghost, but with red eyes, and he hasn't spoken a word yet. Kikwang came last, slumping into Blithe with defeated, tired, depressed eyes. But when he saw Yoseob, the tension, at least, went out of his shoulders so all that was left was this worry, and bitter fear.

Something had happened, something bad, and I want to know. But I can wait, at least. But something happened, at least. Something bad.

"Three days? What are we gonna do with the dog for three days?" That was Baekhyun, his tone disinterested as he stuck like glue to Chanyeol's side one minute, and then a guilty look would flit across his face and he'd shift away hurridly the next. And then he would look sad and pitying, so he'd move back. And move away. And back. And away. 

While this was happening Chanyeol just sat there, chin in hands, looking horribly depressed when Baek moved away, and when he moved back, happy but confused and still horribly depressed. 

What is happening to us? Or them, more like. What's made all the members of Blithe like this? Hot one second, cold the next. Happy the first, crying the second. I sigh, feeling my eyes glaze over in the continued silence. I hope Kangjun can come tonight.

"We have to get food, I think. A blanket? Does it need a blanket?" 

"He," Henry corrected Taemin quietly, the puppy squirming on the ground next to him.

"He. And water. And someone probably going to have to walk him. And take him out." Taemin paused. "Volunteers?" No one moved. 

"I'll volunteer Minho," Dongwoon announced. Minho whimpered and edged further away from the dog. Taemin patted his arm and shot Dongwoon a death glare. 

"I volunteer Dongwoon," Taemin announced. "Okay, no objections? Good. Dongwoon, you're on dog duty."

"Wait, what? No!" Taemin shrugged, painting an innocent smile on his face. 

Dongwoon moaned and slouched down, Doojoon snickering next to him. 

 

After several minutes of silence, Henry finally got up from his seat on one of the couches and started flicking through the movies below the TV. Like he had flicked a switch, Taemin got up to make popcorn, while Doojoon, with the help of a quiet, hesitant Kikwang, started a fire in the fireplace. Minho lowered the lights until all we could see was shapes, and the snow falling outside, lit by he streetlamps. Below, Blithe was sound asleep, lights off and the door closed and locked. Silent. But up here, it's cozy and warm and these are all the people, Kangjun excluded, that I love. That I would do anything for.

The movie started, a classic Christmas one, and Taemin silently handed out the popcorn. Baek snuggled up against Chanyeol, who only resisted for a second before letting his best friend fade into his chest. Dongwoon, if a bit hesitantly, sat next to Doojoon who not-so-hesitantly put his arm around the idiot. Taemin, with a contented sigh, rested his head against Minho's shoulder, who draped a blanket on the both of them. Yoseob and Kikwang sat next to each other, but shyly. Yoseob still jumped, still glanced at the doors and windows like someone would be there, but he eventually relaxed enough to watch the movie. Henry viewed all this with the satisfied gaze of a proud parent. 

And I, I was happy enough, warm and cozy and home. But when Kangjun came in, halfway through the movie, just after I saw Kikwang, with the barest movement, link Yoseob's hand with his, I had never been happier. 

 

The fire crackled gently, the snow outside whipped and howled its desperation to the sky, but the light in here was dim, the TV lighting up the far wall. The air was quiet, I was with the guy I loved and I was surrounded by the people I love, and I have never been happier.

 

Do you know the quiet, the perfect calm before a storm? Before the storm that tears up trees by the roots and upturned houses? I had never witnessed it, nor had I ever thought of it. But what I didn't know, that snowy night, how close the storm was. How good the calm would seem, how I would wish for the storm, the terribleness, to just be over. But I didn't know of the upcoming storm. I didn't know, for if I did, I would've done anything I could to stop it. 

But since the storm had already began when I realized this was the calm, there was no stopping it.

 


I'm sorry.... For the shortness. I know. I know. I'm sorry. 

*takes deep breath* 

I'm also sorry... Because I won't be able to update for a while. I'm SORRY, IM LIKE LEAVING YOU WITH THIS CLIFFHANGER AND URRGGHHH IM SORRY BUT I WON'T HAVE ANY TIME

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR

 

So this fic will ultimately end right after Christmas (in the time of the fic) So I will write Christmas in, so I hope you guys are okay with that.

And do you guys like the flow? Because I was planning it at first to be long but now that iM writing it it will end in less than 10 chapters.... Maybe. So is it okay so far? Cuz I know that you guys have kinda been on a rollarcoaster with this fic but I hope it's worth it for you:/ Becuase it is to me, to write Beast and to meet all of you wonderful people.

Bye for now!!