CHAPTER 7 - ENIGMAS

GBBn1 (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WHAAAATTTTTTT?????”, the four screamed in unison while looking in disbelief at their leader with a widen eyes like a roller coaster. If Bom caught the other passersby attention, well this four totally awaken all the death by their screams.

 

Startled, Bom can’t help but to glare and shooed them with all her might, the investigator almost drop the notebook and ballpen he’s holding while looking at them in great awe, while Mr. Park snapped at them with disquieted face. But well of course, Jiyong who was very close to them didn’t even flinch by their loud maximize volume. He just lazily turned his head at them and just shrugged as though saying he was unbothered on what he just blurted out.

 

PRIVATE BODYGUARDS????????????

 

“YA! What’s your problem?”, Bom scowled at them with her hands at her waist. But no one answer, the four remained looking at their leader with their big eyes.

 

“Ehem”, the investigator cough but it didn’t caught the four’s attention.

 

“EHEM”, he coughed more loudly. The four is still frozen like statue.

 

“EHEMMMM!”, the investigator’s throat almost broke by his shouting cough, but still nothing.

 

“In just a minute, your eyeballs will bounced to me”, Jiyong finally spoke up and that made the four snapped back into the real world. The four blinked their eyes several times before they fixed their expressions.

 

“What’s your problem?”, Bom asked again. The four immediately acted cool upon realizing their stupidity. Actually, they were just surprised by their leader’s revelation err….excuse rather.

 

“We’re cool. No problem”, Jiyong answered before glancing at his boys, sending them message to just ride along, which they already got. Private bodyguards? Them? Pffft. It doesn’t suit them, really.

 

After the four finally behave as a normal human being, the investigator frowned and looked at Jiyong from head to toe, then same with the others. He looked at them with an observing eyes.

 

“Bodyguards?”, the investigator voiced out and all of them slowly nodded. They are all oblivious to the shocked look of Mr. Park at them, he scanned the boys in confusion but then his lips curved into tight smile as he already guess everything.

 

The investigator is still unconvinced so he asked more about their job but surprisingly, Jiyong knows better. He answered it with connected information about the security he knows from before, so details and explanation is not a big problem since some of their Associates came from such. The four nodded their heads along while GD is nonchalantly explaining, proud at their smart leader.

 

Satisfied with the information he got, the investigator excused himself to Mr. Park and phoned his men. He started to work more for the investigation. After the he leave, Bom is still staring at the four with frowning face until Jiyong gave her a cool glance that made her snapped back.

 

Bom cleared first before speaking. “Ahmmm..thank you. Thank you for sav-“

 

“I didn’t save her”, Jiyong cut her words with disinterested tone which made Bom raised her brow. The rude guy her sister is saying really does exist. Bom was about to say something when she saw the doctor came out at the emergency room. She dashed herself towards him making the doctor jerked in surprised. Jiyong slightly stood up on his seat only to sit back and raked his hair while scolding himself. Why the hell he’s going too, he’s not even the relative of the patient. DAMN!

 

“What happen? How’s Dara? How’s my sister?”, she asked in one go. The doctor postured himself and was about to remove the white mask on his face when he saw Mr. Park signaled him not to do so. He frowned his face and saw Mr. Park glance his eyes sideways making him widen his eyes in surprised upon seeing what Mr. Park is pointing.

 

“Uncle, I’m asking you how’s Dara!”, Bom asked impatiently. The doctor happens to be a family friend so it will be more convenient for them.

 

The doctor sighed first before talking to the girl in front of her. “She’s now fine but she’s still recovering from unconsciousness.”

 

“And?”

 

“She just needs some rest. She collapsed because of the bit trauma on what happened but it was just temporary, rest is what she need”, he explained. “I’d made small test when I noticed how her systems pulsate. It’s becoming dilatorily and it’s slowly affecting now her heart acquiring a ho-“

 

“STOP! We already know about that….countless of times”, Bom said grudgingly in gritted teeth. She don’t want to hear about it again. “Just tell us what we need to do.”

 

The doctor sighed and looked at Bom intently. “She needs to be out stress for at least two days to regain. Rules same as before. We already listed all new medicines she’ll be needing based on her test”, he explained with a low voice. “And…never leave her alone.”

 

“We never let her”, Bom spat with a glaring eyes.

 

“It will still happen, Bom. We just need to be al-“

 

“DON’T!”, Bom yelled, unable to control the angriness she’s feeling. Damn it, she knew it already, she don’t want to hear that freaking details anymore. NEVER! The doctor could only sigh as he understands Bom. The Bigbang curiously looked at Bom who was now glaring at the doctor with a curled fist, they didn’t hear their conversation because the doctor is talking in a low tone as if hiding something. Mr. Park walks towards them and put a hand over her daughter’s shoulder.

 

“Sweetheart”, he softly called out.

 

“Can I see her now?”, Bom asked, ignoring her father.

 

The doctor slowly nodded. “She’ll be at Rm. 21, second floor”, he informed. And by that, Bom started to leave with a still angry expression on her face. The boys watched her stomped her feet as she furiously pressing the elevator button, looking like she can destroy the elevator in no time. The observing eyes of TOP didn’t escape the tear that has just fell on her cheek, and so, he just scowled. HE HATES HER!

 

“Jaesang,  I’m sorry for my daughter’s behavior. She’s just…”

 

“I understand, Park.”, Jaesang nodded at him. Mr. Park sighed and put a hand at his head and starts massaging it.

 

“Thank you”, Mr. Park said afterwards. “Give me the list of the medicine my daughter will be needing and pass me her result. Thank you once again.”

 

“You’re welcome, my friend”, Jaesang answered before looking at Mr. Park with worried eyes which the man immediately noticed.

 

“Is there anything you want to say to me?”, Mr. Park asked expectantly. He knows there is something, and he knows it would be a bad news. But then, he needs to hear what is it especially it concerns her daughter. Jaesang let out a sigh before speaking.

 

“She will never make it if she still refuses for having the transplant. She should have stay at the States…she must not doing this things. There, she can be taken care very well, they can give everything she’ll be needing. She can…she can live more longer.”, Mr. Lee said with mournful voice.

 

“It’s her own choice”, Mr. Park simply said, agonizing. It hurts him, as a father. Jaesang understood what’s behind those words he says, they were both friends for long as they can remember and he knows Dara’s condition.

 

“I’m telling you those things not as a doctor but as your friend and also like a father to Dara, Park. I suggest you the same things those foreign doctors suggesting. She needs the heart transplant before it’s too late”, Jaesang stated in low tone. The man in front of him closed his eyes and heaved a sigh before looking at him with weak eyes.

 

“It’s still her decision”, he returned, almost whispering. Jaesang gave a light nod before putting a comforting hand at his friend.

 

“I admire Dara’s strong heart”, he remarked and Mr. Park gave him an agreeing tight smile. Then the doctor frowned as he saw the Bigbang again sitting there cooly. “What are the boys doing here?”, he asked as he took a single glance at them before looking back at the man in front of him with questioning eyes.

 

“They’re the one who save Dara”, he returned. Though, with the mask covering his half face, Mr. Park can tell that his friend is smiling.

 

“Small world”, Jaesang mumbled. He patted Mr. Park shoulder before excusing himself and leave. Mr. Park closed his eyes and heaved a sigh (again), calming himself before turning to the Bigbang boys. He stood in front and look at them one by one. The boys just slightly raised their brows at him as they found it a bit strange to look like they are a creature in an aquarium.

 

“Thank you for saving my daughter”, he the gratefully said afterwards.

 

“You’re welcome. We are willing to do everything just to save my bea…Ouchh.”, Seungri was unable to finish his sentence when Taeyang gave him a whack in the head as a warning. “Ya, what was that for?!”, he snapped at his hyung while rubbing his head.

 

“It’s Jiyong who help her”, Taeyang stated, ignoring the maknae.

 

“I didn’t help her, we were just bored so we tried to kick some ”, GD said nonchalantly while looking at Mr. Park boringly. TOP silently scoffed, he wanted to laugh at another lame reason of their leader. He should remind this GD that he’s not good at lying when it comes to that girl.

 

Mr. Park’s lips curved and let out a small chuckle then slightly bowed his head. “Well,  you sure kicked some asses there”

 

“We’re going.”, GD then said as he stood up.

 

“Wait. How can I return your help?”, Mr. Park straightened and asked him.

 

“You already said your thanks”, GD said nonchalantly and by that, he walks away. The four just shrugged at Mr. Park before following their leader.

 

“Take care of her”, GD mumbled in low tone. He stopped walking realizing what he just said and raked once again his hair. He doesn’t know where it came from, why did he say those words. Maybe he’s not in his mind.

 

BUT.. the kind of ear the four has, that word didn’t escaped their elephant ear. They started grinning like a dog again while looking at their leader’s back. How they wanted to laugh at him.

 

Forgetting what he said, he continued to walk while he shoved his hands at his jacket pockets remained with his impassive expression. He mentally cursed upon sensing the creepy aura behind him. The morons.

 

==

“Can we see beautiful noona first? I’m worried for her”, Seungri murmured like a child asking no one in particular the moment they exited the hospital. No one answered him, instead, Taeyang and Daesung gave him a warning look and motion their eyes at GD. Seungri blinked at them, not getting what they are trying to tell him.

 

“You are so stupid”, Taeyang scolded while giving Seungri another whack in the head.

 

“Ouch. What did I do?”, he whined. Taeyang just rolled his eyes and continued walking with Seungri keeps on whining, already sounding like a cat.

 

“Stop it”, Taeyang spat out, irritated at the sounds Seungri’s making.

 

GD continued walking, his destination heading home while rest following him in silence. He heard what Seungri said but he just chose to ignore it a while ago even though he felt disturbed by that question with unknown reason.

 

“When do we became a bodyguards?”, TOP asked to no one with a sound of amusement in his voice, remembering what GD said a while ago.

 

“Oh yeah. I didn’t know we are a Private bodyguards”, Daseung seconded followed by a chuckle.

 

“Genius should know everything”, Seungri joked earning him a glared and a punch at the stomach by Daesung.

 

“Just ride along. You know it’s a lie”, GD nonchalantly said, not looking at them.

 

“Yeah, we know. I never thought you’ll use that excuse too”, TOP said. GD didn’t respond.

 

“That idea was mine. I know I’m a genius”, Seungri proudly said while the others just rolled their eyes at him.

 

“Bom reminded me that thing”, GD said frankly uninterested. TOP stopped on his tracks and grimaced upon hearing the name.

 

“Why is that disgusting girl in our talk?”, TOP grimaced.

 

“If she didn’t hissed her hatred to you, I might came with different excuse”, GD said in monotone as they turned their way left. And by that, TOP started rambling in angry by Bom while the three watching him in amusement.

 

“Private bodyguards will do so. It didn’t get a lot of questioning on that”, Daesung commented earning a nod by Taeyang and Seungri.

 

”Yeah, it’s a believable excuse for having a gun”, Taeyang commented. “Funny , that old investigator didn’t search more  information on our private bodyguards profile.”

 

“A fool, afterall”, Daesung said. “But he’s an investigator, maybe he just let it aside, since we can also look like a bodyguards. A handsome bodyguards”, he added while looking down at himself admiringly.

 

“The bodyguard idea was mine, so you need to thank my smart mind. It saved us”, Seungri proudly said again, can’t believe that his mind can be useful sometimes.

 

“Yeah, If Sandara didn’t mention about her bodyguards, you won’t come out with that idea”, Taeyang scoffed accompanied with rolling his eyes.

 

TOP who’s still rambling in anger stopped from walking after he heard what Taeyang says. “That reminds me, who could be those mask guys?”, he said with observing tone.

 

“Yeah. And why they want to kill beautiful noona?”, Seungri added. All of them then turned serious. “Why don’t we call some of our men to investigate it so we can find some an-“

 

“That is not the organization’s concern anymore”, Daesung cut off Seungri at his words making the latter slumped his shoulder. Tch. He’s so worried for his beautiful noona.

 

“Why do they need a bunch of those killers to kill one person when they can shot her easily?”, TOP said talking to no one. GD abruptly stopped that surprised the four.

 

“I didn’t mean I want Sandara to get killed. I just mark a thing”, TOP said defensively while lifting his arm in the air. GD then continued his walk. TOP whistled in relief, then a tiny smirk formed his lips while looking at GD’s back as if he knows something.

 

“That reminds me again, why Sandara ended up huggingour leader?”, TOP asked to no one enthusiastically with a teasing voice. The four stopped on their tracks, so TOP also stopped himself. He enjoys the surprised of everyone. Then Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri look intently at GD’s back, remembering the scene. They can now sense what TOP’s trying to do. Ooohh. It’s teasing time!

 

“Yeah. Sandara hugged our leader almost crashing his bones”, Taeyang said thoughtfully but with teasing voice either.

 

“Yes, and he let her. I remembered that day when he almost curse her life but now he let her hug him”, Daesung continued the teasing and they were talking like their topic is not there with them.

 

“Yes. I wonder if our letter works”, TOP said mysteriously then continued smirking. THE LETTER!!!

 

“They hold each other for too long. I’m jealous”, Seungri joined the teasing and feign a loud sob for a good effect. The four started laughing softly like they’re controlling it to come out. Then their smile quickly wiped away when GD turned to face them with irritated look. They immediately flashed him an innocent look like there is nothing happening around.

 

“Yes, leader?”, TOP asked as if he’s waithing for GD to say something.

 

“She…she bumped into me and suddenly ‘attatched’ herself”, GD flatly said, choosing not to mention the word ‘hug’.

 

“Ah-huh”, TOP nodded unconvinced.

 

“She asked me not to let her go”, GD hissed. This morons.

 

The four stared at him for a moment and slowly nodded their head telling GD they understand a thing, but inwardly, they are fcking having a hard time controlling themselves not to laugh, even trying to remain a straight face. Their stomach is decreasing flat caused by suppressed laughter.

 

Turn around now GD, our face needs its escape.

 

 GD groaned in annoyance before turning around and continued his walk. The moment GD turned his back, the four smiled widely and bit their lips not to let out their laughter. They all exchanges knowing glances but every time they meet each other’s eyes, they can’t help but to make sound of stifling laughter. How they wanted to burst out for laughing now. Their teasing project always working. Bwahahahaha.

 

GD snapped his head to them and again, they put an innocent look. Taeyang goes whistling while walking, Daesung was punching his both fist in front like he was having a fight with the wind, while TOP and Seungri pretended they’re talking over an interesting thing. GD rolled his eyes and turned his head forward again. He knows what is this four was trying to do and it’s pissing him off.

 

“Stop with your ”, GD hissed without looking at them. The four smiled widely once again. Their teeth can already use as a post light on the street.

 

“We are not doing anything, hyung”, Seungri innocently said, then a stifling laughter sound followed.

 

“Oh yeah? Who’s trying to laugh though?”, he flatly said, mocking.

 

“No one. Maybe you’re hearing a ghost”, Seungri reason out, sounding innocent.

 

“Then I’ll kill that ghost. I’ll make him turned into another ghost by cutting his head”, GD said dangerously boring. The four pressed their lips together to stop making any sounds, they are all enjoying the reaction they are getting from GD. This is daebak!

 

“Maybe that ghost is Sandara. She’s following you and found you amusing to laugh at”, TOP mindlessly said.

 

GHOST? SANDARA?

 

Seungri, Taeyang and Daesung gasped in surprise on what TOP lined and stared at him in horror. GD abruptly stopped and snapped his head at TOP and gave him a very, very deadly glare that it can almost cross through his body systems. TOP could only gulp and for the first time, he was willing to kneel and beg for his dear life.

 

Uh-oh

 

 

The moment Bom entered the room 21, she rushed and hugged her sister though she was still laying down at the hospital bed.

 

“DaaaarrRrraa.”, Bom sobbed. Dara managed to release a soft chuckle and gently pushed her, she smiled at Bom.

 

“I know what you are going to say, Bom. Spare me the rants”, Dara chuckled.

 

“How can you laugh after what happen to you?”, Bom bit out.

 

“What do you expect me to do? Cry a river?”, Dara returned in a playful sarcasm. Bom hissed at her before giving her another light hug, it really worries her to see Dara in this state.

 

“Where is appa? Does he knows about this?”, she then asked Bom after pulling out at the hug. And as if on cue, the door opened revealing Mr. Park.

 

“Hello, my dear”, Mr. Park greeted Dara while putting a smile on his face.

 

“Appa.”

 

“How are you feeling?”

 

“I’m fine now.”

 

Silence then followed. Bom and Mr. Park looked at Dara worriedly who was staring at the white ceiling. They heard her sigh with of anxiety in it.

 

Of course, she was bothered by what happened. Of course, she’s not fine. She’s never been fine. But she tried to be fine, every day she tried. She smile, laugh like the old her and try very hard to forget everything what’s currently on her now, her life. She always acted to be fine, and she hope she would be.

It was her choice though, she chose to give her life a free living despite all the sad reality of her life now. It was her choice, after all. She only wants to have a living of life with a smile and happiness until its very last day with the people she loves, with the things she loves. And she won’t regret that choice. Yes, she will still do what she wants, she will never be affected by it, she won’t stop to smile, to laugh…even all of those is difficult to try. She don’t want to pity herself, she don’t want people to pity her. Pity doesn’t help. It’s just giving her guilt to herself knowing that her own life gives piteously to others, especially to her family. Her life….she’s surviving.

 

But life is really unpredictable, it’s sometimes cruel. She was just starting at her choice but it feels like her own life stopping her, time was controlling her. Someone wanted to kill her, but why? Why doesn’t time just let her own self be the one who’ll kill her own self? She knows her ending, she already accepted it. But why it has to be like this? Someone wants to make it fast, someone wants to destroy her desired fine life? She doesn’t understand why her life should experience all this, she’s just a girl who wants happiness.

 

Now she’s feeling so much guilt and pain inside, to fulfill her happy life there’s always someone to sacrifice their lives for her. She hate it that people need to risk their lives for her. She doesn’t want it, but then she needs it. Selfishness it is, but her own heart tells another story.

 

Stay with a smile until your life reach its end.

 

Dara closed her eyes and bit a sigh as she cleared all her sad thoughts and replaced with all the hopes she has. Bom curled her fist and looked away as she cannot take the sight of her sister, she hates to see her agonizing. Dara then opened her eyes and pushed herself to a sit with her dad guiding her She gave her dad a smile before looking at him with playful pleading eyes.

 

“Let’s go home”, Dara said making Bom snapped at her.

 

“What? You need to regain your health first. Stay here”, Bom already reacted demandingly.

 

“I’m fine, Bom. I really want to go home, I’ll just have my rest there”, Dara implored with a smile on her face. The stubborn girl she is.

 

“But Dara, here is-“

 

“I’m already fed up with hospital air”

 

“Let her, sweetheart. Allow her to go home, she will have her sure rest if that what she wants”, Mr. Park gently said to Bom. Dara gratefully smiled at him and looked expectantly at Bom. Oh, this is why she loves her appa.

 

Bom momentarily glared at Dara before heaving a sigh, she forcedly nodded before making a playful sharp stare to Dara. “Lucky you, if you are not in a condition like this, I would have scratch every part of you because of your stubbornness”, she bit out.

 

Dara smiled unapologetically at her making her huffed, she then spread her arms signaling Bom she wanted to have a sisterly hug with her which Bom quickly gave. Mr. Park smiled at the sight in front of him, he’s very blessed to have this lovely daughter of him.

 

==

 

“Still the unstoppable Sandara, eh?”, Jaesang chuckled, talking to Mr. Park. He told him that Dara already wants to discharge out of the hospital and choose to just rest at home which he agreed and approved. The two men turned when they heard the door opened revealing Bom and Dara exiting their room.

 

“Do you feel fine now, Sandara?”, Jaesang asked and Dara replied a nod.

 

“Thank you, uncle”

 

“Have a good rest and come back to visit me, okay?”, Jaesang sweetly said and Dara flashed her sweet smile. The two girls then excused themselves as they headed first out of the building leaving the two men behind.

 

“Lot of things have changed because of that one incident, Lee. And all of us are now suffering, but it was Dara who was hurting more than among of us”, Mr. Park sadly said.

 

They are talking about the truth the both of them knows what is it. It was after all, the things they try to hide and chose to left in the past.

 

The Park sister was patiently waiting for their dad inside the car.

 

“Bom”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Do you think uncle Jaesang is still mad at me about what happen to his son?”

 

Bom scoffed before giving her response. “It’s not your fault that his son left him. You don’t even want what happened”

 

“But he left because he thought I died”

 

“Your ex-boyfriend made that decision and not you. I must say I was mad at uncle when he blamed you about it but things already happened in the past and it’s not your fault”, Bom explained without looking at Dara. “Besides, I don’t like Bo Gum as your boyfriend”

 

“He’s not the only one who lost someone, Bom”, Dara somberly remarked.

 

Bom was about to say something when Mr. Park finally hopped inside the driver seat and he already sense the tension inside because of the unusual silence. He settled his seat first, put on a seat belt and heaved a sigh before starting the engine. They were driving now in silence and no one doesn’t know what they should utter.

 

*crickets

 

*crickets

 

Dara was fidgeting at her finger while humming in low tone to cover up the silence while Bom was just looking at window.

 

*crickets

 

*chuckle

 

Eh?

 

Mr. Park and Bom furrowed their eyebrows when they heard Dara’s chuckle from behind. She’s chuckling all by herself once again.

 

“Aigoo, did we lost our tongue or rather left it at the hospital?”, she joked….and no one answered. It didn’t work. Dara twitched her lips as she can’t already take the long silence.

 

“Good thing it’s Saturday tomorrow, it wouldn’t be that questionable to others if I’m absent”, Dara then said choosing that topic. And she smiled upon sensing the interest of the two about the talk.

 

Mr. Park nodded in agreement. “So next time, you know how to be great careful so there’s no need to call on privacy keeper”, he said with a chuckle trying to make the word less serious.

 

“So you now see that you really need those bunch of police and militaries around you”, Bom sardonically said as she started fiddling with her phone. Dara uncontrollably rolled her eyes and kicked the seat of Bom to give an enough shake on it.

 

“Bodyguards are-“

 

“Enough?”, Bom finished her words as she guessed what Dara’s going to say. Dara clamped and sulked at her seat remembering what happened to her and what it caused her bodyguards. Mr. Park looked at the rearview mirror to see Dara hanging her head low. He faked a cough to ease the atmosphere.

 

“Dara is right though, bodyguard is enough. It’s also a bodyguards who save her, right?”, Mr. Park asserted and give Bom a look who was about to react making her shut . Dara got surprised at what she heard. She’s a bit dumbstruck but then getting every word her father said, her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Bodyguards? Who are they? Have you already thank them, appa?”, she asked.

 

“Of course, my dear. I never forgot to say ‘Thank you’”, he chuckled. “Jiyong, it was the same guy who helped you before, remember?” he revealed with amusement in his voice. Dara gasped in shock, eyes widen. Mr. Park frowned seeing the shock expression of Dara at the rearview mirror.

 

“What’s wrong, my dear?”, he asked, focusing his eyes at the road while giving glances at the rearview mirror.

 

JIYONG?

 

“So, it’s true. I remembered seeing Jiyong. I thought I was just hallucinating”, Dara breathed out more to herself.

 

“You know Jiyong?”, Mr. Park asked in disbelief. Dara nodded when he glanced at the mirror.

 

“And the others?”

 

Dara nodded again. “They are my friends”, she said. Mr. Park abruptly stepped on the break making all of them jerked forward, good thing seat belt is always on. He was pure surprised on what he just learned.

 

“What was that, appa?”, Bom chided as she fixed herself on the seat and checked Dara if she’s alright at the back seat.

 

“I’m sorry. I saw a cat crossing.”, he reasoned out.

 

“A cat? I didn’t see any cat”, Bom frowned. Mr. Park just waved a hand telling her not to mind it and continued driving again. He fixed her expression and asked a thing to Dara out of confusion.

 

“When did you became friends with them?”, he asked, trying to sound casually.

 

“A days ago”, Dara answered.

 

“How?”

 

“I befriend them”, she answered in all honesty. It is an obvious thing then.

 

“Do you often see each other?”, Mr. Park frown is getting deeper.

 

“Nope. Just accidentally” Dara told everything to his father all the times and days he meet the Bigbang, explaining with lively voice. “…Jiyong is the one who’s ending up helping me. Wow, I should entitle him as my ‘hero’”, she joked as she chuckled at herself. Bom was silently laughing as she noticed how her sister getting giddy whenever she will mention the guy’s name.

 

But Mr. Park is making a different reaction while he was listening carefully at her daughter.

 

“Did you know that they are...”, Mr. Park trailed and scrunched his nose, scolding himself that he’ll accidentally spill something.

 

“Huh?”, Dara blinked.

 

“Did you know that they are..uhh. bodyguards?”

 

“Well yeah. I was surprised but then I believe them”, she answered and Mr. Park nod. But he was wondering how those boys ended up telling Dara they are a bodyguard.

 

“I’m glad I have a friend like them”, Dara mumbled before chuckling. Mr. Park was then again surprise at everything Dara says, he never expected it. He heard Bom scoffed so he looked to see her frowning deeply.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you knows those guys personally?”, he asked Bom making Dara stopped at her chuckling and looked at Bom in curiosity.

 

“I forgot”, she simply said and coolly shrugged before looking at the window.

 

“You forgot?”, he repeated.

 

“They are Dara’s friend, not mine.”, she stated. Mr. Park’s frown getting deeper and deeper, he’s getting really confuse now.

 

“Oh. It’s because of TOP, appa”, Dara interjected. “Remember when I told you the story when Bom blew her nose to a stranger’s t-shirt? That person is TOP”, she revealed, trying not to laugh. Bom cheeks became red in embarrassment, she snapped her head to Dara and gave her a deadly glare. Seeing Bom, Dara bursted into laughter. She laughs like nothing happened to her. She maybe forgetting about it…or just trying.

 

Mr. Park laugh along a little but then after, his gripped at the steering wheel tightened as he was trying to focus his mind on driving. His daughters knows the Bigbang, and they’re even friends? It was the thing he never expected would ever happen and never think of happening. And they actually met several times? He felt thankful to Jiyong and to those boys for the helps they’re giving to his daughters, he knows very well that those boys can help his daughter in any tiny situations and even if it became bigger. He knows what the boys are, he knows everything and it was a good thing those Bigbang don’t know him and who he is. He’s feeling relieve that her daughters knows the Bigbang only as a bodyguard, it does a little help.

 

He furrowed his eyebrows as if he’s thinking something magical will happen. Then his lips curved into a tiny smile and glance both at his daughters.

 

That gives me an idea

 

 

After thirty minutes of drive, they finally arrived at their house or should we say, at their mansion. Dara sat at the couch and slouched, she’s tired physically. Bom handed her a glass of water which she accepted and drank it in one go.

 

“It’s already fifteen minutes to twelve, go to your bed. Dara still needs to rest”, Mr. Park said while looking at his wrist watch.

 

“Okay. I’ll sleep on Dara’s room”, Bom insisted. Dara looked at her in disbelief but then smiled. She knows why Bom said that but she won’t protest of course, it was her sister taking care of her and she also misses sleeping with her in the same room. She misses their childhood.

 

“Thanks, Bom”, Dara said and smiled at her. Bom playfully growled at her.

 

“Okay then. You two, go upstairs and sleep. Take a rest”, Mr. Park chimed commandingly. The two nodded and gave their dad a goodnight kiss at the cheeks before making their way at Dara’s room.

 

Mr. Park waited for them to get inside the room as he remained there standing. The moment he sighted the door on Dara’s room closed, he heaved a sigh and bring the glass Dara used at the sink before making his way at his own office. He opened the door and locked it, double. He then pushed a button to activate the sound compressor and the moment he pressed it, the room closed it’s every hole even at the wall with a thick slits glass covered it making the room proof a sound outside.

 

He sat at his swivel chair and leaned his back.  He stared at the phone placed at the table, he leaned forward and get the phone but only to put it back down. He got the phone again but placed it back once again. What the? He did it for four times and when he LASTLY got the phone, he gripped on it and closed his eyes. He was contemplating if he will do what’s on his mind or not. Thinking if that’s really a good decision or not, thinking if that’s really needed or not, thinking if that would be a help or that would be safe or not. He’s having a second thought.

 

He opened his eyes and stared at the phone for a moment. Then he started pressing a number, the number is not registered in his contact, it will be just in his mind. After typing the numbers, he heaved a sigh before pressing the dial button. He pressed the phone on his ear and he heard a ring. He’s starting to have a second thought again.

 

“Hello”, he heard the voice at the other line. He stiffened for a while then sighed before greeting him back.

 

“Why did you call?”, the man on the other line asked.

 

“How are you?”, Mr. Park casually asked. He heard the man chuckled.

 

“Same answer with the last time.”

 

“Why?”, he asked that’s the only the two of them can understand.

 

“I don’t need to”, the man simply answered. Silence then followed after.

 

“Why did you call?”, the man questioned again. Mr. Park let out an audible sigh.

 

“Your boys…they were with me”, Mr. Park said in serious tone.

 

“Where?”, the man asked in a same serious tone.

 

“At the hospital”

 

“Why?”, they talk like every word is limited.

 

“They save…my daughter.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Someone’s trying to kill her”, Mr. Park forced every word to say because by just that thought, he find it hard to calm himself. “My daughters know the boys. They’re friends”, Mr. Park wanted to get straight at the point but he doesn’t know where to start.

 

*silence

 

“What happened?”, the man then asked, voice still serious with limited voice.

 

“My daughter’s bodyguard got killed, the boys happened to be on the same place”, Mr. Park simply answered.

 

“Does they know?”

 

“No. They know them as private bodyguards”, Silence again. But Mr. Park knows what is the meaning of that kind of silence. They barely talk but they talk that only the two of them know what it is, that they are the only one who can understand even with the short words. Every word got meanings.

 

“I wanted your boys to be her bodyguards”, Mr. Park finally said as he closed his eyes when silence answered him. He knows he asked that much, he know it would be hard but it’s his daughter who’s involve. And as a father, he’ll do anything.

 

“How?”, the man finally speak still in a serious flat tone.

 

“Help me”, Mr. Park said, mostly pleading. Silence got meanings.

 

“Anything”, the man said from the other line. Mr. Park sighed in relief as he put a tiny smile.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Anything”, the man breathed out. Another meaningful silence followed, then not long after, the line went off as one of them hung up. It was the man on the other line. Mr. Park still had his phone pressed on his ear though the beeping of the line is only he could hear. He then put it down carefully at his table and leaned his back at the chair while closing his eyes, arms resting at the rails of the chair.

 

‘I could only hope my thought is false’, he thoughtfully murmured.

 

 

Dara stirred on her sleep when she fluttered her eyes open, she was welcomed by the strong ray of the sun coming from her window. The curtain was open but it’s never her habit to asked someone to open it for her when it’s morning. She lifted her hands to cover her eyes from the blinding rays and shifted herself at her right, and then she noticed an unfolded blanket carelessly hanging at the bed and a two pair of pillows with glitters on its cover.

 

Glitters? Her pillows don’t have glitters. She furrowed her eyebrows and slightly pushed herself up. And that’s when she remembered, Bom had her sleep in her room, so that explained the curtain and the glitters. Aishh. How can she already forget about that? She pushed herself up slowly and rubbed her eyes. She stretched up her arms upward and beamed a smile.

 

“Whooooo. Fighting, Dara.”, she cheered herself. She then stood up and made her morning routines. After putting clothes on, she comb her hair. She’s just wearing a simple short and  a huge tee that reaches her above knee that it already looks like she’s not wearing anything under. But it’s the only clothes she’s wearing when sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter