CHAPTER 11 - UNKNOWN GESTURES

GBBn1 (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA’s POV

 

 

Done for the day!

 

Joong Ki and I fixed our table carefully, Bom is not with us for she already left an hour ago telling them that she have a date.

 

“Ms. Sandara Park., Joong Ki called out and I looked up at him. “Are your bodyguards coming back?”, he asked and helped me with my bag.

 

“I don’t really know”, I shrugged and frowned upon remembering Jiyong’s attitude a while ago. “I’ll contact them”, I got my phone and started typing a message to Seungri (since I only have his number)

 

Hi Seungri. I’m finish with my today’s work. Where are you?

 

After few seconds, I received a quick reply from him.

 

Hi MY beautiful noona. Aigoo, we are not sure what time we will reach you. Jiyong hyung brought us to a faraway place.. We’re sorry.

Don’t worry, I’ll beat hyung and burn him into ashes. Kekeke. Can you wait for us?

 

*sigh

 

It’s okay. I will just go with Joong Ki. You all take care.

And oh, whack Jiyong’s head for me. Kekeke.

 

After sending the message, I heaved another sigh and put an upset face.

 

“Joong Ki, can you take me home?”

 

“No need to ask me that, Ms. Sandara Park. You know I am willing to drop everything for you”, he playfully replied earning a heartily laugh from me. He is really the best friend everyone would ask.

 

 “What happened to your bodyguards?”

 

“Lost”

 

“What?”

 

I chuckled. “I don’t know exactly where they are but one thing for sure, their rude leader took them to his own weird planet”, I grumbled and chuckled along with Joong Ki.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

==

We already reached Joong Ki’s car and he gentlemanly opened the door of the passenger seat for me. I mumbled my thanks and was about to get inside the car when…

 

“Brat!”

 

Both our head turned our heads to where the voice was and a frown automatically formed on my forehead. There, we saw Jiyong walking towards us with his hands shoved inside his pocket, his hair was untidily shoved backward, but nevertheless, still looking handsome as ever.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

He stared at me for a moment before nonchalantly ran his finger through his hair to fix it. I half blinked because I thought I just saw a glimpse of heaven.

 

Ghaddd. Sooo y.

 

He then stopped in front of my and grabbed my wrist, taking me by surprise.

 

“Let’s go”, he flatly said.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Your office hour is over, right? So, I am taking you home”, Jiyong flatly said. He impatiently looked at me before eyeing Joong Ki. I frowned curiously at Jiyong when I felt Joong Ki draping his arm on my shoulder.

 

“Go ahead now, Ms. Sandara Park. I will just call you later”. Joong Ki said before pinching my nose. I playfully slapped his hand away us we both chuckled.

 

“Come on, brat!”

 

I heard Jiyong’s impatient voice and I knew better he looks like he is going to destroy Joong Ki by his glare but I guess that is how he look at every people. I was still observing him when my best friend pulled me into a hug.

 

“Take care”, I said to Joong Ki, I then tiptoed and leaned forward to whisper at him while cupping my mouth. “I’m sorry, I forgot that this bodyguard of mine is a living mushroom”, I whispered. Joong Ki chuckled and embraced me once again.

 

“I better go. I seem to be distracting your moment here”, Jiyong hollered sarcastically before walking away, leaving us behind. Okay, what is that?

 

“Hey Jiyong”, I called out but the guy didn’t spare me a look.

 

I continued to call out his name while jogging my way to him. Jiyong spun on his heels to face me the moment we reached the car. I blinked rapidly upon seeing his face dark.

 

“Never...”, he then trailed and sighed.

 

“What?”

 

“Never go out without your guards”, he firmly said.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Why you do even hired a bodyguard if you were just going to decide by your own and going without us?!”

 

I uncontrollably raised my brow. “As I remember, you’re the one who left without any notice or even information to where are you going. You even said ‘Let her. She managed to get out without us, so leave her’. Do I got it wrong?”, I mimicked his words this afternoon and crossed my arms against my chest.  “And I did contact Seungri and the little lad told me that you even brought them to who knows where”, I added.

 

“Can’t you just wait.?”, he returned. I looked at him in surprise and curiosity as if the guy in front of me is becoming bald. Am I really in the fault here? As far as I remembered correctly, he is the one who left me. Ugh!

 

He just blew some air before waving his hand dismissively. “Get in the car”, he said and walks towards the driver seat without opening the door for me. I twitched my lips and pouted before hopping inside the car.

 

When he started the engine and drove off, the both of us fell in silence. I’m just curiously looking at Jiyong. To be honest, I was glad that Jiyong came back on time wherein I thought that he already left me. But I can’t help but to also wonder where he had been. He supposed to be with me most of time for guarding duty but he just left e earlier without leaving someone to look after me. I started to wonder what his other job is. Is he also guarding other people beside me?

 

*sigh

 

 This rude guy is really complicated.

 

*silence

 

“Jiyong”, I called out to break the silence but he didn’t spare me a glance and continued focusing on the road.

 

Tch!

 

“I’m sorry”, I uninterestedly mumbled though I don’t know what I am sorry about and why I am even saying sorry.

 

He just continued to drive without uttering a word at me instead, he just on full concentration on his driving. His face unreadable and his breathing are hard as if once he sigh the car will break down in loose.

 

“Hey Jiyong, talk to me. I said I’m sorry”, I pressed on again. Waahh. Why is am I trying hard to...what term you would like to call it…woe him?

 

When he heaved an audible sigh, I snapped to look at him and observe his expression. I was never been good in reading someone’s expression so I really have no clue if there is something running inside his mind.

 

“I never thougt you’ll be this protective”, I gaily said and teasingly looked at him. Jiyong glanced at me and glowered.

 

“This is only a part of my job”, he bit out.

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

*giggle

 

*giggle

 

“Will you stop that?”, he spat.

 

“Stop what?”

 

“Stop giggling, you sound like a killing doll.”

 

Sounds like what?

 

I frowned and twitched my lips. No matter how hard I tried he can still annoy me in a matter of a flash seconds.

 

“You are always rude”, I mumbled and flopped myself at the passenger seat.

.

.

.

"Hey, you're talking to me. So it means you're not mad at me", I then turned to him and smiled. I could see him rolling his eyes before continuing his magnificent job of ignoring me. I must have known I wouldn't get any nice talk with this guy. I sighed in defeat and just turned my head to the window and watched the view outside. It is more interesting to have a talk with the nature than to this rude guy beside me.

 

My eyes glittered a thousand spark when my eyes suddenly caught something outside. I excitedly leaned forward and told Jiyong to stop the car while I was merrily pointing my finger outside. I wasn’t able to hide my smile when he curiously stopped the car and looked at me questioningly.

 

'What?", he groaned with his messy eyebrows.

 

"Jiyong, let's buy some of that", I merrily said while pointing at the street stall selling fish cake like a child asking her parents for something. He just glanced to where I am pointing at then scowled at me.

 

"Go by it yourself"

 

"Jiyong please… let's buy it together. Come with me", I tried to convince him.

 

"I don't want, I'll just wait you here", he firmly said and leaned his back at the seat nonchalantly.

 

I huffed in disappointment and I childishly crossed my arm against my chest and pouted. This Jiyong is hopeless. The possibility of creating a new island is more close to reality than the possibility to put a serious conversation with this guy.

 

"Drive now. /sigh/ I'm just trying to have some fun with you but you seems so uninterested", I mumbled dejectedly, face saddened. "If I am with Joong Ki, he'll for sure ha-"

 

I was unable to complete my sentence when he suddenly opened the door furiously then hopped out of the car and walked directly to the stall. I blinked at him in surprise. I saw him glanced at me impatiently with his eyebrows raised. I could amazingly read that; telling me he's damn waiting for me and he isn't have any sympathy on what he is doing so I better hurry up before he could changfge his mind. I then beamed and got out of the car, bouncing like a happy child.

 

"Yey! Thanks Jiyong", I gaily said and jumped full of excitement before he turned to the vendor. Reminder, I am no longer a teenager but act like it!

 

"Ahjussi, give me three of this, and two of that, and four of this, please", I ordered while pointing countless of spicy rice cakes and fish cakes with a wide smile on my face. I can see Jiyong slightly scowling at me but I could care less. I am in front of my favorite food, his presence will not destroy my happy heart.

 

Once the food is served from the Ahjussi, I exclaimed excitedly.

 

"Thanks", I blew the heat smoke before eating it so much delight. I breathe through my mouth before humming in satisfaction while I swayed my body left to right like a complete lunatic. Street foods, just like how I love it.

 

"Thisgs ige soo delighsdegdxcsd", I tried to speak but ended up speaking into a language only me knows since my mouth is full. I slowly swallowed my food before talking again.

 

"Jiyong, you should try this", I lilted and hand him one of the stick before proceeding back on eating. I was swaying lively while my munching my food when I get to notice that Jiyong is still holding the food while staring at me.

 

"Why are you not eating?", I asked seeing the food I gave is still untouched. He just keep on staring blankly at me. I smiled when an idea pop out in my mind. I looked up at him and lifted my hand and put the fish cake I’m eating in front of his mouth.

 

"Eat. Try it, come on", I insisted while waving the food in front of him but he just blinked at me. Is he adopting to be a robot now?

 

"Come on, open your mouth", I urged him but he remained unmoving. I rolled my eyes and pressed the food on his lips.

 

"Say Aaaaahhhhhh", I opened my mouth, instructing him to do the same. He raised his brows at me but I pressed the food even closer to his lips. He unknowingly slowly opened his mouth and I carefully shoved the food to him. I smiled seeing him chewing the food while looking at me with a blank face.

 

"How was it? It tasted good, right?", I looked at him expectantly, waiting for his reaction. He gave me a small nod as he absentmindedly swallowed the food while straightly at my eyes.

 

"I told you", I smiled sweetly at him and urged him to eat the stick he's holding before I continued munching much to her delight. I will eventually take a glance at Jiyong and I saw him watching me eating before he takes a bites on his stick.

 

*GASP

 

I had my hand over my mouth as I stared at the smiling Jiyong with round eyes. I repeat, SMILING JIYONG!

 

"Omo! Jiyong, you have a teeth", I exclaimed in shocked after I removed my hands and stared at him in disbelief. He immediately wiped off the unknown smile on his face, much to my dismay.

 

"Ahjussi, he smiled. OH MY GOSH!!! HE SMILED!!", I shrieked joyously while flapping my hand frantically, unable to believe that Jiyong really smiled. Wow, first time seeing his new found expression and I’m really glad and can't get over it. Why not? It's because he became more handsome. I’m sure my just tore into million pieces.

 

 The ahjussi nodded and chuckled awkwardly along with me who's already spazzing in circle while Jiyong... /*looks up and down/ shut his eyes firmly and ran his palm on his face while shaking his head.

 

"OMG, Jiyong.", Can you please smile again?", I asked very expectantly making Jiyong snapped at her.

 

"NO"

 

"Please. Just one more time", I bat my eyelashes making him glared at me as though he wants to puke on my face.

 

"I said no. Finish your food and let's go", he sternly said.

 

"Oh please..pleaseeee...PLEASEEEE.", I clasped my hands together and looked at him with puppy eyes. Yep, I’m stubborn.

 

"NO."

 

"I promise to be an obedient girl, just smile for me ONE more time. C'mon", I tried hard to convince him like I’m willing to sell my soul just for that stupid smile. I even saw the ahjussi stared at me in stupefy and were speechless probably because of my craziness.

 

"You'll be an obedient girl?", he repeatedly asked.

 

"Yes. YES!", I then quickly nodded. He squinted his eyes as he crossed his arm coolly and stared at me for a moment. I waited with anticipation for his answer. Oh please, show the glory of your smile.

 

"Still a NO", he emphasized making me slumped my shoulder in disappointment.

 

Then...

 

"JiyyoooonnNNgggGGGgg", I started whining like a child while stomping and trashing my hands being a complete lunatic. Jiyong brushed his finger through his hair in irritation.

 

"AISHH", he raked his hair. I think I already made him totally pissed. The next thing happened made me almost faint with glee. Jiyong UNWILLINGLY showed me a forced, as in super forcing smile like he really can't tug his own lips. But do  you think I feel upset by that? Well, you completely got it wrong.

 

DIEESSSS!!

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

 

There I go, oblivious that I’m putting another shame to myself but I could care less this time. Jiyong just SMILE AGAIN.

 

*breathe in, breathe out

 

"KYAAAHHH-", I stifled my squeal when I saw the flaming glare of Jiyong. I zipped my mouth and showed him my eye smiles instead as I continuously shaking my body in happiness which had him rolling his eyes once again.

 

Jiyong just smiled.

 

Jiyong just smiled.

 

JIYONG JUST SMILED.

 

I was chanting those words to my mind. I can’t move on!!!!

 

"Ahjussi, he looks handsome when he smile, right?", I then turned to the vendor as I paid for the foods and he nodded his head while bashfully eyeing us

 

"Thank you ahjussi for your delicious tteokbokki", I smiled.

 

"I'm glad you like it. Come back for some more, okay?", the ajhussi acknowledged and smiled back at me.

 

"Of course, I will."

 

"And bring your boyfriend again with you. You two are a cute couple", he said as he smiled at Jiyong who frowned at him.

 

"What? Boyfriend?", I blankly asked. The vendor nodded and pointed at Jiyong making me laughed nervously while shaking my head.

 

"Aigoo Ahjussi, he's not my boyfriend", i said with a nervous chuckle. The ahjussi furrowed his eyebrows and eyed us carefully one more time.

 

"Oh. I thought he's your boyfriend, you look good together. He'll be lucky to have a beautiful girlfriend like you", the ahjussi commented and flashed a contented smile at us. I can't help myself not to blush while Jiyong showed him a bored face. Oh my gosh, I’m suddenly feeling heat crawling my body.

 

I started fanning myself with my hands, I think I’m already sweating. I then bowed my head respectfully and then headed towards our car. I need to have a seat!!!

 

The moment the two of us are inside the car, we were filled with silence first. Jiyong started the engine and drove off without uttering a word. The atmosphere suddenly felt awkward. I think the Ahjussi is the blame for that.

 

Boyfriend?? Pffftt! No, that wouldn't happen.

 

"Ahmmm..Thank you by the way, I really have fun eating one of my favorite food.. with you", I gingerly said to ease the awkward silence surrounding them because I’m not liking it.

 

"Yeah", he just said in monotone. I glanced at him and giggled uncontrollably when I remembered his damn smile again.

 

“I didn't know a rude guy like you can smile", I then commented. "You know what, you should smile often", I gaily said, completely turning my head to look at him. "I seriously like it when you smile"

 

Jiyong automatically furrowed his eyebrows and tentatively glanced at me with a questioning look.

 

"You're more handsome when you smile, Jiyong", I added with a soft voice and purposely blush without knowing why.

 

WHAT THE HELL!

 

There’s no exchange of words again after that.  I was just peacefully watching the view outside the window when my phone beeped. I fished it out in my bag and saw a message from Joong Ki asking me if I already arrived home. I quickly my reply and put my phone inside my bag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter