CHAPTER 12 - START OF SOMETHING NEW

GBBn1 (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“HYUNG!”

 

“BOSS!”

 

Daesung, Taeyang, TOP and Seungri barged inside their room and frantically whipped their head to look for their boss. The flabbergasted expressions were still plastered on their faces. The guy they were looking for just came out of the bathroom with a towel drape on his wet hair.

 

“What’s up with you?”, GD asked when he saw the four morons looking at him as if they were looking for him over a long centuries.

 

“You love her”, TOP instantly said with tone of seriousness.

 

“What?”, GD scowled. What is these morons talking about?

 

 The four boys started to talk in chorus that almost made GD’s eardrum bleed. He could only understand few words as the four keep on showering the place with their saliva. He rolled his eyes and put on his worn out jeans and dropped himself on the bed, leaving the four in their own chaos.

 

“SO EXPLAIN IT TO US!”, surprisingly, the four ended their sentence with the same line. GD just put his arm at his forehead ad ignored them.

 

“Boss?”

 

“Are you always going to question me about nonsensical things?”, GD blurted out nonchalantly without looking at them.

 

“YES!”

 

“Then suit yourself. You won’t get any satisfying answer from me”, he mindlessly said. Well, that’s the whole truth.

 

“We’ll try”, TOP playfully smirked at GD who just shrugged at him before staring at the ceiling with his impassive look.

 

“How’s the kiss?”

 

GD slightly pushed himself up to furrowed his eyebrows at them. How’s the what?

 

“The spoon kiss”, TOP easily said as the others perked their elephant ears to wait for his answer.

 

“What the fck are you talking about?”, GD bluntly said as he laid back, resting his head at the headboard.

 

“Let me remind you, boss. You ate and fed Dara using the SAME spoon. Meaning, you did kiss her by the help of the spoon”, smart Daesung explained coupled by Seungri and Taeyang illustrating what he did earlier; Seungri as Dara and Taeyang as GD which is totally a nauseating sight.

 

GD sighed heavily as he can’t believe that these called mobsters are becoming nosy because of his oddly behaviors. He considers this ‘childish’.

 

“Why did you fed her?”, TOP changed the question, hoping that this one would get an enough answer.

 

GD groaned lowly. Wouldn’t they shut up? “She needs to eat”, he simply answered.

 

“Yeah. But she has her own hands you know”, TOP countered but GD just looked at them boringly.

 

Seungri then get his phone and started fiddling. He smiled instantly when he found what he is looking for and looked at his hyungs knowingly like he has the best plan ever in his mind. It’s time to use their first weapon.

 

“Well hyung, how about this?”, he asked and threw his phone at GD which he effortlessly catch in the mid-air. He looked at it and his expression became stoic. It was the picture of him and Dara in front of the elevator with GD firmly holding her hands.

 

GD showed a raised brow while easily smirking. As what he learned from TOP – If you can’t stop them, play with them (well, that’s according to the mind creation of TOP) “What do you think it is?”, he asked disinterestedly.

 

“It was a picture of Kwon Jiyong being so protective to his Princess Sandara Park”, TOP teasingly answered and GD just clicked his tongue sarcastically.

 

Then TOP suddenly opened his mouth and…

 

“Oh my Romeo, my KWON JIYONG.

My knight and sparkling, glittering, twinkling, shining armor.

In this pale night you are my savior, my hero.

Your power will be the grace of this splendid time.

In times of happiness and pure, in your truth eyes I will be secured

When in times of tragic and quiver, your strong love will be my keeper.

Jiyong, Ohhhh my Jiyong

I, your princess will forever be yours.

If times came cruel to thy cores

Save me till your last breath, my JIYONG.”

 

Oh !

 

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

 

The rest of the Bigbang boys can feel the world is shuttering into gazillion pieces. Taeyang was eyeing TOP in awe with his hands fully covering his ears for he think it will detached in no time by just hearing TOP, Seungri was pulling up his hair and wishes to be blind and deaf instead of torturing it by the means of his creepy hyung while Daesung was furiously unlocking his gun, ready to blast off TOP’s head.

 

GD was muttering curses after curses as he felt all goosebumps in his whole boy, more like he was glazing a sharp eye at him. Being him as the main ‘hero’ of TOP’s unbearable poem (if you can even call it as a poem) will give him enough reason to felt creep out.

 

Imagine, TOP reciting his inventory poem in a not so rhythmic lines with so much express feeling in his deep voice accompanied with his wide hand gestures as if he’s on a prestigious program stage doing a declamation. In short, imagine TOP making fool of himself.

 

As they can’t no longer take the most creepy and irking poem of the world, the four of them with a criss-cross eyebrows started heading towards the door so they can save theirs ear even in the last minute, just in time when…

 

“KYAAAAAHHHH!!!”

 

They all heard Dara’s shriek from her room which more than loud than the usual definition of loud making them stood in alert.

 

“DARA!”

 

GD was the one who rushed towards the door and opened it hastily and come out to check her only to see Dara standing at her door, staring at her sister Bom with a scrunching face before pulling her inside her room. He blinked an eye while staring at the close door with his boys behind him all diverting their eyes at Dara’s room before to their boss.

 

GD didn’t take his eyes off Dara’s room and seemingly calming himself but that didn’t escape TOP’s scrutinizing eyes.

 

“I can feel some beautiful dream was bound to happen creating something new”, TOP mysteriously mumbled his stupid literature and give a glance to Dara’s room before walking back inside to continue his own declamation.

==

 

It was already 11 in the evening when Dara decided to give herself a rest since she was busy reading a book to relax herself. After her talk to her sister about her tragic past, it keeps on reminiscing on her once peaceful mind. Actually, after Bom left her room, though she doesn’t want to, she bawled as her mind reminded about it. It’s still painful.

 

She sighed deeply after putting the book on its shelf and hung her head down for a moment while biting her lips, trying to relax herself. She then started walking in a turtle pace with her quite daze mind. She didn’t even notice that her feet are walking to its own accord. It was unknown to her that she’s now in front of her door and her hand was already turning the doorknob when it finally hit her.

 

“WHAT THE! Why I’mma freaking standing in front of my door?!”, she incredulously asked herself, totally feeling stupid at all.

 

“Aishh…”, she sighed as she shook her head and lightly slapped it with her palm. She took a deep sigh and decided to continue turning on the knob. Upon doing so, she involuntarily stepped out a bit and peered over the hallway of the second floor. She doesn’t know why but she felt like she needed to see something outside which she’s not even sure what it is.

 

She looked at her left and saw nothing, and next to the right then…

 

*blink blink

 

*squinted eyes

 

*blink

 

“Jiyong?”, she frowned and rubbed her eyes tenderly to check if she’s really seeing him leaning at the wall near her door.

 

*blink blink

 

YEP! HE’S REAL!

 

“Jiyong.”, she softly called out and finally stepping out of her room. The guy just remained there with his hands shoved inside his pocket while looking forward. Dara stared at him for a moment with a frown which is immediately replace with her sweet smile. Though in the evening, the handsomeness of this guy is undeniable even maybe he’s just standing there like a statue. His face is a magnet. Bahh.

 

“What are you doing here?”, she asked as her eyes scanned the whole second floor and the silence told her that they’re the only person who are still awake.

 

“Are you checking on me?”, she guessingly asked once again as she stood near Jiyong. He only sound a light scoff while keeping his eyes forward. Dara waited for his answer but like the normal day, no reply came.

 

For a normal reaction, she will now throwing her childish tantrums and think of 100 ways to pester him but because she’s not in the mood to have argue of annoyance with him, she just sighed before flashing him a simple smile.

 

“If you don’t need anything, I’m going in”, she softly said while still smiling and was about to enter back her room when she felt Jiyong moved then speak.

 

“Brat”, he called out, more like a whisper. Dara stopped and tilted her head sideways to look at him, Jiyong straightened up and faced her and all ready to act cold towards her when he finally noticed her eyes. It was so puffy..as if she just-

 

“Did you cry?”, he asked flatly. Dara was taken aback at his question that she hissed at herself for not being careful.

 

“Ahhmmm..No.”

 

Jiyong raised a brow, obviously not believing her. “Then are you going to give me the damn rusty excuse that you just accidentally poked your eyes or caught up a dirt?”, he sarcastically said that Dara just sighed in defeat.

 

“Well…ahmmm-yeah.”, she lowered her head to hide her eyes while biting her lips, hoping the guy won’t ask her anymore questions. And when she didn’t hear anything from him, she looked and saw him looking down at her with his usual impassive face and she can’t help but to feel relieve that Jiyong didn’t ask her any questions knowing herself that she’s not good in lying.

 

A moment of silence then enveloped them as they both remained on their position while absentmindedly blinking at each other. Ohmyghad! Then it was Jiyong who quickly shifted his eyes anywhere but Dara. He just heaved a heavy sigh before walking away but stopped when he felt Dara timidly holding his hand.

 

He lowered his gaze at his hand with a deep frown which Dara noticed that’s why she quickly and carefully removed her hand.

 

“Ahmm..What are you going to say, by the way?”, Dara gingerly asked and was answered by Jiyong’s silence. She just sighed in defeat and turned around, ready to leave him alone.

 

“I can’t sleep.”

 

Dara furrowed her eyebrows and questioningly looked at him. “What?”

 

“I can’t sleep”, he repeated flatly.

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know”

 

And since that answer is already etched on Dara’s mind, she just let him go with this. To Jiyong’s surprise, Dara started beaming while eyeing him like she just discovered the cure for the cancer. Wow, what a sudden change of mood. This doesn’t feel good at all, knowing Dara’s M-I-N-D.

 

“What? You look ridiculous”, he raised a brow.

 

“I have an idea”, she lilted suddenly which he’s not liking.

 

“This won’t be good. Your crazy mind is working again”, he murmured but the girl just ignored him.

 

“Oh come on, I’m sure you will like it”, she confidently said. “Since you can’t sleep and I am the only available one to accompany you-“

 

“I don’t want you as my company.”

 

“-and..”, she continued, ignoring him. “…like I was saying, let’s walk around until you feel sleepy. Let me babysit you tonight. Hahahaha.”, she chuckled but he is not even half amuse as he snapped at her with deep frown.

 

“Don’t bother. You should sleep”

 

“I can’t actually sleep either”, without waiting any of his reply, she started walking towards the stairs.

 

“Wait.”

 

Dara turned around and gave him a questioning look.

 

“Get a jacket or something to cover yourself. It’s cold”

 

“Huh?”

 

Jiyong lifted one hand and pointed a finger on her pajamas which really thin as a tissue. Dara’s frown deepened before she was able to understand what he means, and she needs to lowered her head to hide the smile forming on her lips.

 

“It’s okay, I’m already used to this”, she simply responded. She was ready to descend the stairs when a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around her waist catching her in surprise. She has no time to react when she realized that Jiyong is tying his night jacket at her.

 

He’s doing it again.

 

Jiyong made sure that the jacket tied securely on her waist before turning around to leave the staircase. She bit her lips to suppress her smile as she can also feel her cheeks burning.

 

“Jiyong, wait up”, she ran down the stair to reach up with him who’s already downstairs.

 

“Thank you for this”, she tapped the jacket she’s wearing which he just rolled his eyes at. “You really love doing this to me, aren’t you?”, she teased earning her a sharp glare from him.

 

“I don’t love to do anything with you”

 

“Always so rude and grumpy”, she mumbled.

 

“I heard you.”

 

“Oh really? That’s nice. You’re NOT supposed to heard that.”, Dara returned sarcastically and walked ahead of him while sticking her nose in the air. Hmpphh. Jiyong cocked his brow as she just watched her back and continued to follow her.

 

===

 

And the boring tour around the big mansion of the Park just started.

 

Dara toured him to every place, room and corner of their house while lively explaining and even tell every history and story she had in each of the rooms which totally drive Jiyong to madness. She never shut up.

 

And yeah, she’s right, this whole thing will make him sleepy because all of this are nonsense. She’s the only one who’s enjoying it. Blah..blah..blah… He bet her saliva are all around the place.

 

“Brat, let’s stop here, I feel sleepy now.”, he then flatly said and faked a yawn, besides they already spent an hour doing this nonsense and boring local tour.

 

“Really? So my idea works, eh?”, she proudly said and Jiyong just gave her a lazy nod.

 

“Yeah. So congratulations”, he said with slight sarcasm. Dara playfully stuck her tongue out at him which he only grimaced at before the two of them started walking. Dara suddenly gasped and her face lit up when she remembered something and without uttering any word, she started heading to she-knows-where while half-running and Jiyong followed her curiously.

 

Upon reaching the place, Dara bent down a bit and rest her hands on her knees to even her breathing though it was only a little of a run she just did. “Heart, please.”, she whispered and touch her chest.

 

“I can’t believe myself I forgot about this place”, she exclaimed. Then slowly, she entered the place while a smile was forming at her lips and later on, her face brightened as if the place was giving her a big ball of energy and happiness. And the thing Jiyong could only do is to observe and watch her.

 

“It’s been so long since the last time I’ve been here in this place”, she breathe out in amazement. “And it didn’t change”, she turned around while looking up and down, observing the place.

 

“What is this place?”, Jiyong asked with disinterest. He wouldn’t care if she’ll answer him or not.

 

“It’s my mom’s pond”

 

Jiyong could just blinked. The pond was built inside a medium size glass house with an open ceiling which you could clearly see the sky above. Lots of hanging orchids, lilies at the water, unique rock forms, and a small mount bridge.

He watched the girl walking towards the mount bridge and simply roamed his eyes around and ended up looking at the night sky above. The ambiance around was so calming since the place purposely had no lights at all only to be provided by the perfect ray of the moon.

 

“Beautiful, isn’t it? My mom really made this place so special”, she said while sitting down at the side edge of the bridge whilst holding at the wooden railing for support. She then started swaying her hanging legs alternatively.

 

“You have a mother?”, he asked. And swear, that’s the most stupid question she ever heard.

 

Dara whipped her head at him before chuckling. “Of course. Do you think I just magically appeared in a thin air?”, she jokingly said. Jiyong didn’t utter any words instead, he just stared at her stoically seemingly waiting for her to say something.

 

Silence enveloped them after that, only the smooth sounds of the water could be heard. Dara then bent her legs upward and leaned her chin at her folded hands that was resting above her knees.

 

“I never got the chance to see omma”, she suddenly break the silence. “Appa told me before she died on the day I was born”

 

She sighed and momentarily close her eyes. She hugged herself more before tilting her head sideways to see Jiyong standing there quietly at the entrance.

 

“Jiyong.”, she softly called out. “How was a mother’s care?”, she innocently asked.

 

He frowned when he realized that he was staring at her a bit too long and he immediately looked away and flashed his impassive expression once again. Jiyong hesitated for a moment if he should say something or just ignore her question like he usually do.

 

“I don’t have a parents. I don’t know who they are. I don’t know what they are.”, he said emotionlessly. He doesn’t know why is he talking about this but he feels strange too. Dara’s lips parted slightly as she looked at him in shock, unable to utter a word.

 

“I grew up by myself. Stand by myself. Depend on myself. Live for myself. Care for myself and nothing but myself alone”, he blurted monotonically without looking at her. It’s the truth. He always live thinking of his own, concerning only his own self that it already leads to the point that he doesn’t care about his life anymore coz’ he’s used on depending alone and it already made him numb.

 

“Do you even try finding them? Or knowing them?”

 

“There’s no need for that. I already lived”, he flatly remarked.

 

“Being alone, is it hard?’, she slowly asked.

 

“Always”

 

“I’m sorry”, she said before she darted her eyes back at the water. She doesn’t know what she’s being sorry about but she can’t help but to feel pity for him. Another string of silence surrounds them and only their heavy and tired breathing could be heard. She suddenly bit her lips as she hug her bended knees tightly.

 

Why they are being emotional?

 

“I guess I need to wait for that time in order to see omma. But I know it won’t take that long to wait”, she mumbled to herself, thinking that her voice is only for her to hear but she failed to sense Jiyong was starting walking towards her with his padded steps. “Before I’ll be gone, I will also make sure I left something here”

 

“What do you mean?”, she jerked up when she heard the near voice, she whipped her head sideways to see Jiyong looking down at her with his impassive face.

 

“Ahmm...Nothing”, she quickly denied. Did he heard?

 

“You were like saying about…dying.”, he remarked seriously. Dara bit her lips nervously.

 

“Ahmm. Well..”, she trailed. “I-it’s the least I could comprehend considering my situation now. I mean..there’s someone after my life.”, she reason out, not knowing what to say. Grr. Curse you, slipping mouth!

 

“So you think we aren’t capable on protecting you?”, Jiyong coldly asked making Dara widened her eyes.

 

“No, that’s not what I mean”, Dara shook her head rapidly while positioning herself sideways and was about to stand up to face Jiyong when he suddenly crouched beside her.

 

“Do you think we can’t guard you properly? You think I won’t be able to keep you safe?”, he coldly asked once again making Dara gasped in surprise when she saw his face devoid of emotions. It was like she’s seeing only her reflection in his eyes. Do I hurt him with my words?

 

“No, Jiyong”, she whispered enthusiastically and lifted her hand to touch his face in sincerity but he quickly grabbed her hand to stop her. He looked intently through her eyes that almost grip Dara’s heart. She bit her lips guiltily seeing his troubled face like this.

 

“You got it wrong, Jiyong. Never had I thought about you like that”, she whispered and returned his intense glare. And she can tell that there is something bothering him.

 

“You’re actually right”, he said that made Dara furrowed her eyebrows. “I already failed to save someone before, what more you”, why is he being like this?

 

Dara looked at him in surprise before shaking her head telling him he got everything wrong. She managed to free her hand from his grasp and without thinking anything but to console him, she slowly moved closer and finally touched his face. Jiyong’s eyes widen upon feeling her touch. There he goes once again, he felt that strange feeling of familiarity again.

 

“Don’t you ever think about that”, she cooed and Jiyong can’t do anything as if her touch was making him paralyze. “If ever there is something happen to me, it’s you who’s the first one I’m going to run to. Because I trust you, Jiyong. You already save me once, and by that I already know I am safe with you”

 

No one will ever be safe with me.

 

Jiyong wants to say it to her but he can’t even utter a single word and can’t even take his eyes off her with unknown reasons. He involuntarily close his eyes and feel her touch even though he doesn’t like her touching him.

 

“You always reminding me of her?”, he unconsciously mumbled.

 

Dara furrowed her eyebrows and blinked at him quizzically. She heard it again. Who’s her? Who is that her that he will mysteriously talk about it all of a sudden? Who’s she that whenever he remember her he looks in grief? Why is he will looks like weak whenever he thinks about her? Does he did something to her? Is she someone special to him?

 

“AHEM!”

 

Both snapped in reality upon hearing someone cleared a throat. Jiyong opened his eyes to see her looking at her with a curious eyes and their situation finally dawned on him. He instantly pulled out from her touch and hastily stood up and he’s back on being stoic again. He initially cursed himself. What the fck is he doing? He is out of his fcking mind.

 

Dara blinked in surprise and carefully stood up after him and darted her eyes to where the sound came from only to be double surprise when she saw her father staring at them in half-surprise half-disbelief.

 

“A-appa.”

 

Mr. Park blinked at them but immediately composed himself. “My dear, what are you doing here?”, he asked.

 

Dara glanced at Jiyong before answering. “Uhm. W-we just..I just tour Jiyong around”, she stuttered without knowing why.

 

“Is that so?”, Mr. Park calmly asked and Dara nodded. He slightly squinted his eyes and darted it interchangeably to Jiyong and his daughter and a guilt was automatically washed over him.

 

He sighed before looking at his watch. “My dear, you should go to sleep, It’s already 2am in the morning.”

 

“What?”, she gasped. How can she forgot the time? She suddenly ran towards where her father is. “I’m going to bed, Appa.”, she said and kissed him goodnight. Gosh, she hasn’t having her rest and she still got work. Gaa. She can already imagine herself in a panda eyes. She was about to exit the place when she remembered Jiyong upon seeing the night jacket she’s wearing.

 

“How about you?”, she turned to him and gesture her head but the guy just nodded his head stagnantly telling her to just go ahead. Dara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter