CHAPTER 2 - SO THEY MEET AGAIN

GBBn1 (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BRACE YOURSELF. LONG CHAPTER AHEAD!!!!!

 

------------

“, it’s Bigbang”, one of the guards-men exclaimed upon seeing the car of the most powerful mob group approaching their hide out.

 

“Tell boss they’re coming.”

 

Two men rushed their way towards their boss and reported what they saw. Their boss stiffened for a moment and frowned thinking of what could be the reason why the Bigbang suddenly went there.

 

“Let them in but keep the place guarded”, their boss instructed firmly. The two men immediately cascaded the order to their group just right in time the Bigbang entered the place.

 

“Well hello there, Mr. GD”, Hyunjoong, the boss of the ‘Digital Zero’ greeted GD with a forced smile while trying to hide the fear in his eyes, his voice hinting that he’s not amaze seeing GD at their base.

 

Digital Zero <-one of the mobster’s association composed of a group of a local gangster holding a large member of a criminal youngsters. Expert for robbing some big and large companies working illegally and soon enough to make it their own.

 

GD along with the others walked with calm expression on their face while keeping their eyes straight forward. They were flipping and shoving away every table out of their way, sounds of coins clang around the area and moneys flew everywhere.

 

“What do you want this time?”, Hyunjoong asked. GD smirked at him before effortlessly destroying the desk to fully face him.

 

“Getting what’s ours”, GD said in monotone as he grabbed him at his collar and swiftly get Hyunjoong’s gun on his belt without any warning. Hyunjoong’s men automatically pointed their guns at GD. The rest of GD's man followed suit but obviously bored at the scene.

 

“Didn’t I tell you I won’t give up this group?”, Hyunjoong hissed.

 

“Really? How many times? I seemed to forgot”, GD sarcastically replied while his eyes lazily looking at him.

 

“Sh*t GD, mind your own fcking group”

 

GD clicked his tongue. “Let me remind you, this association your raising is getting on our way. I already told you to never mess up with us but you failed…twice. Now it’s time to cut this sh*t.”

 

Digital Zero were originally made by the Caloony (Underground organization) where Bigbang belongs. They were working as a secret type of association. They were taught to rob as an insider, learning skills from those people from the Caloony. But after a year of Hyunjoong’s handling, the group suddenly made a mess and seems to slowly pulling out of hold from the main organization in a secret way to have the full money only with their hands. They made a mistake of betraying the organization - the Caloony is not just a piece of a bug that they can easily run off.

 

“Are you stupid?! You already got countless associations with you. Leave us fcking alone.”

 

GD smirked deadly at him and his hands goes upward as he now started gripping his neck.

 

“You just borrowed everything from us and now I want it back… did I told that I really hate traitors?”, he nonchalantly said.

 

Hyunjoong spat at him making GD lose his patient and his face turned to grim. “I will die first before you can-“

 

He was not able to continue his sentence when GD roughly gripped on his neck until a crack was heard while he use his other hand to wipe the spat on his face. GD’s eyes never leave the guy.  He doesn’t feel any hesitation nor some spare while  witnessing how Hyunjoong struggling at his hold.

 

 

GD unceremonically dropped his dead body. Hyunjoong’s men started to shoot them but the Bigbang were quick enough to retaliate.

 

It was TOP who first to attack as he sight-shot every man in front of him at the forehead in a swift movement while Taeyang threw his knife to any available man approaching them. Daesung and Seungri didn’t even move a single step from where they are as they effortlessly exchanging bullets at the men attacking them.

 

Pffft. Why do they feel this unchallenging and boring?

 

After a few mintues, it’s all clear.

 

“Boring s. It’s surprising they can manage this kind of business with their pathetic skills”, Seungri commented with a slight amused voice in his scowling face.

 

“I can tell they’re using our names to hired our men”, Taeyang said while collecting all the usable knives he just thrown. It’s his precious weapon so he can’t abandon it just like that, you know.

 

“What an amateur traitor”

 

“Send all those money to the Rank 2.” GD then nonchalantly ordered at the boys and they immediately started dialing their men and told them what their leader had said.

 

“Ji, why don’t we just put it to ours instead, since we’r-“

 

“We don’t need those money and I guess you know the reason why so don’t ask me why we can’t have that fcking money” GD said cutting Taeyang into his word without looking at him.

 

Taeyang shut up his mouth and nodded obediently at his leader. It will never be a good idea to argue with their leader. After a moment, their unit arrived and cleaned the mess they’ve created inside the Digital Zero’s hide out, and that group and those money are now being transferred to the hold of that so-called Rank 2.

 

(Author’s note: All the terms and the information are just made-up names. Don’t take the organization seriously)

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dara flattered her eyes, adjusting it by the lights coming out from the window. She rolled to her left and read the time on the digital clock located to her bedside table.

 

9:00AM.

 

NINEEEE???

 

She abruptly stood up causing her a slight dizziness. She tapped her forehead and scolded herself. She woke up late and obviously short on time to do her morning routines. How can she never got awake when the nurse get inside her ro-

 

Oh!

 

She’s already at her room in their house. She almost forgot as she was already used of her way of living on the State.

 

She smiled and raised her arms upwards as if balls of energy are descending upon her.

 

She quickly do her morning routine before walking down the stairs and headed directly at the dining room, guessing her sister would be there for sure. And surely, she’s late for breakfast.

 

Upon reaching the place, she was all ready to throw morning tantrums at Bom for not waking her up but it was quickly wiped away when she saw Bom and her Dad sitting there at the dining table seemingly waiting for her. She ran to her dad excitedly and welcomed him into a hug.

 

“Daaaaadddd!!”, Dara beamed at her father.

 

“Good Morning, my dear.”, her dad greeted as he laughed softly and hugged her back. Dara hugged him tightly and a single tear escaped her eyes. She misses him soo much.

 

“How are you, my dear?”, he asked sweetly as he slowly pulled out from the hug.

 

“I’m fine, dad. I will always be”, she replied before lightly tapping her chest to show her assurance. Mr. Park laughed before giving Dara two thumbs up.

 

“Ya, ya, ya! Dara, you seat down. I’m already starving here”, Bom hissed playfully. Dara looked at her then her gaze directed at the table. It was full of foods and commons. The moment Dara settled herself at the table, Bom lightened and took the spoon and fork and started attacking the food like it was her very first time to eat. 

 

Dara and Mr. Park then started eating deliciously as they talk and started catching up moments and memories. Dara is the one who talks and tell stories more while her Dad listened. He was happy to see that his daughter never change a bit when it comes to keeping the atmosphere alive and enjoyable even in the middle of their breakfast. Being separated with her in two years is difficult for them to adjust but seeing her now with the same bubbly attitude made him think that Dara never been apart from them.

 

Dara continued to tell story even telling about what happened yesterday at the Japanese restaurant making the place filled with laughter (coming from Dara and Mr. Park) while Bom is now red from embarrassment.

 

“I will buy you one truck load of a tissue, my sweetheart.”, Mr. Park said then laughed again making Bom more redder than she already is.

 

==

The three already finished with their breakfast when Mr. Park spoke up.

 

“My dear, you know that you are going to be the only heir of the Park corporation, right?”, he asked knowingly. Dara nodded in reply.

 

“So..I will make you start you work today as one of the lead director of the company. It will serve as your training part before completely taking over my place”, Mr. Park explained. Dara bit her lips and looked timidly at her father.

 

“Dad, you know that I accept the company wholeheartedly, but… but don’t you think I might not make it up to the right time since I might d-“

 

“DON’T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT THAT THING.”, Mr. Park and Bom yelled simultaneously at Dara making her slumped literally from the chair, her body flinched upon hearing the yell of the both of them. Okay, she is zipping now. She pushed herself up and sat again at her chair and timidly darted her eyes interchangeably at Mr. Park and Bom.

 

Mr. Park sighed deeply to even and calm himself while Bom glared at Dara angrily. Grrr. They don’t want to talk about that kind of thing and it’s more frustrating when Dara herself can easily talk about it like it just the normal thing that can be easily accept to.

 

“I-uh..I’m just saying that it’s-“

 

“Don’t you dare mention anything about it.”, Bom hissed and glared very deadly giving warning to Dara.

 

The two remained silence eyeing each other, not sure who will talk first.

 

Mr. Park finally makes a sound as he cleared his throat and chooses to speak up. “Ah… /cough/ as I was saying, Dara you need to start your work today until you adapt yourself at the business. Don’t worry, we won’t pressure you for that but you really need to familiarize now yourself on how our business is being run. Bom will be the one guiding you for your start until you completely got the whole idea of running the business”

 

“But isn’t Bom busy with her own work? How about her own business?” Dara asked suddenly became confused.

 

“Oh, I’ll leave that to my trusted employees”, Bom waved her hand at her.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Oh yeah”, Bom nodded. “And besides, I am your guardian angel so you can’t get rid of me.”, Bom joked and playfully winked at Dara.

 

“Bom you really don’t need to do that, I can handle myself. I am big enough to-“

 

“Oh shut up. I’m obliged though.”, Bom cutted as she stood up and goes at Dara before pulling her up. “Let’s go. It’s a bad start to be late.”

 

Dara blinked at her and looked at her father. Mr. Park gave her a smile and nodded as if giving her comfort that she can really do that. She flashed back a smile. How could he say no to her adorable family. Aigooo.

 

“Wait. I need to change first.”, Dara said while looking down at her clothes before turning at her room.

 

“FASTER!!!”

 

 

Both of the two girls got off their own separate cars as they arrived at the company building. They decided to drive with their respective car as they know they can’t be attached always if business is involved.

 

“Ready, Dara?”, Bom asked. They were now in front of their huge building. All employees and workers at the company gathered together to welcome Sandara, they were all lining up side by side close to the entrance, smiling and ready to welcome the daughter of their CEO, their future boss. They are all excited to see and have her in their company for they heard a lot of good and positive remarks about her. Hearing that she is a humble person, a vivacious type of person, friendly, high-spirited, a happy person in short, a fallen angel.

 

Dara just nodded in reply, she can’t utter any words, and she feels excited and nervous at the same time.

 

“Don’t be nervous. This is not a haunted house you will enter”, Bom jokingly said to console Dara and wiped her nervousness away.

 

“Don’t make a bad start for this, Bom.” Dara sarcastically said but seemingly calming herself. Bom could only roll her eyes.

 

“Now let’s go before you melt down.”, Bom started walking and greeting the people inside with a sweet smile.

 

Dara was carefully trailing behind Bom as they entered the building, she was greeting the employees inside with a big smile, same like Bom. But there is one thing she’s doing that all the employees reacted awkwardly as they greeted her back and eyed her in amusement. Before the two girls reach the elevator, Bom grabbed Dara on the back of her collar and prevent her for doing another round of bows.

 

“You will transform into a grasshopper if you keep on bowing yourself in each and every one of them”, Bom chided and looked at Dara with furrowed eyebrows.

 

Yes, you heard it exactly from Bom. Dara is doing a ninety degree bow to everyone. Though it’s the proper way but she looks stupid doing that continuously and even Bom couldn't take it anymore.

 

“One bow is enough”, Bom told Dara who seems to get surprised by her.

 

Dara nodded, but as if she was in auto-pilot, she bowed her head again.

 

Bom uncontrollably rolled her eyes at her idiotic sister. Afraid that she will not able to control her temper, she just dragged Dara to get inside the elevator. Better to bring Dara at her office now than to let her have a back cramps. But before Dara get herself inside the elevator, she made a one last bow at the employees and flashed a smile.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sandara Park-imnida. Nice to meet you all. Let’s work hard and I hope all of us here become a one family. Thank you.”

 

The employees bowed respectfully and awkwardly at Dara. Some of them already know her since she often visits at their company to see her dad when she was still a student that time. But they are glad to finally have her in the company because they know how kind she is.

 

“Ms. Sandara is very funny”, one of the employee remarked and whispered to the person beside him.

 

“Yeah, opposite of her sister”, another employee agreed.

 

“She’s a very kind-hearted girl, I know her for a long time.”

 

“I think I’m falling in love with her already”, the new and young employee suddenly butted in, already having a crush at Dara. The other employee who heard him eyed him with frowning face.

 

“Okay, okay, ‘I’m just an employee, she’s our boss, it’s impossible for her to be in love with me… is that what you are going to say?”

 

“No Minhwan, it’s not that.”

 

“Then what?”

 

“DREAM ON”, the employees joked in unison making the Minhwan guy made a long face and the others laughs.

 

Bom who’s waiting inside the elevator yanked Dara inside and impatiently pushed the button to their floor.

 

“You really look stupid out there”, Bom frankly said as she looked at Dara with crossed arm.

 

“I’m sorry, I just get super excited and I’m not prepared”, Dara returned as she nervously looked at the number at the top of the elevator door waiting for their floor to reach.

 

“Relax, okay?. You’re not going to be murdered here, just enjoy the day. And besides, what happen to the ‘I can handle myself’ /*making a quotation sign by her finger/ that you said to us?”, Bom muttered.

 

“You can’t blame me, it’s my first day”, she reasoned out. Bom straightened-up and put her hands on Dara’s shoulder.

 

“Hey, what happen to the Dara I know? Be yourself, Dara. Trust yourself, have confidence”, Bom cooed. “Do you think Dad will give you this business if he thinks you can’t manage this at all?”

 

Dara shook her head, started to get very nervous.

 

“Dad, will give you this not because you’re a Park, but because he believes that you’re best enough to have this. Because he trust you, because he knows you can do it”, Bom affirmed, comforting her sister to ease her nervousness.

 

“You think so?”, Dara mumbled.

 

“I know so.”

 

“Thank you.”, Dara smiled at Bom. “I will do my best, I will work hard. FIGHTING!”, Dara then lilted, bringing confidence to herself as she punched her fist at the air. Bom smiled seeing Dara gained her confidence.

 

“Yeah, yeah, you should. I don’t want to be stuck as your work-watcher, you know. Geez, I’m having a goose bumps, I never thought I can say those comforting words.”, Bom jokingly said as she removed her hands off Dara’s shoulder and lazily looked at her before getting out the elevator in time.

 

“Aishhh..”

 

===

 

The moment the two got out the elevator, Bom lead the way to Dara’s office room. Dara carefully trailed at Bom and started to look around at the surroundings.

 

“It’s a new feeling that I am here now to work and not just to visit someone”, she softly chuckled.

 

Then Dara suddenly furrowed her eyebrows and stopped looking here and there when her eyes landed on the four men wearing a similar outfit (silver-metal colored polo, and a black leather jacket with a print of number seemingly a code number at the back of it, and a simple black jeans) who are in front of her office and acting strangely. The four was checking the door and its walls, taking pictures around the place, searching over something, and talking to the phone.

 

Sensing the arrival of the two girls, they quickly stopped on what they are doing and lined up. They bowed their heads the moment the two reached them.

 

“Good Morning Ms. Park, and welcome.”, one of them greeted both and welcomed Dara.

 

Dara smiled and greeted them too. Her eyebrows furrowed once again upon noticing the tattoo on one of them. She then looked every one of them and saw that all of them have the same tattoo, printed on the right side of their neck is an abstract tribal work of a letter ‘B’.

 

“We are going now, Ms. Park”, the four started to walk away and headed to the elevator.

 

“Who are they?”, Dara asked Bom.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe those men who delivered stuffs and supplies for the company”, Bom shrugged. “Come on, let’s get inside your office.”

 

Dara turned to look at the four men who are already stepping inside the elevator. Delivery boys? Why does she feel strange about it?

 

Not wanting to bother her mind into something unimportant, she only shrugged out the thought and just walked inside her office following Bom. Upon entering, Dara smiled and looked at the beauty of her new second home.

 

“How do you find your office?”, Bom gaily asked Dara before twirling herself with outstretch arm, as if presenting the whole place to Dara.

 

“It’s nice and perfect”, Dara commented.

 

“Of course, it is. This is the work of my creative mind”, Bom announced and beamed at Dara.

 

“Oh, I take back what I said.”, Dara exclaimed, teasing Bom.

 

“Ya!”

 

Dara giggled seeing Bom get easily annoyed by a simple teasing. She sat at the sofa located at the center and put a lopsided smile. “Thank you so much Bom”, Dara said lazily, enjoying teasing her sister.

 

“Hmph, I’m so excited for this day and that’s what I get from you?!”, Bom huffed.

 

“I’m just joking.”, Dara giggled. “Thank you very much for this, I don’t know how can I repay you on your help for all of this.”, Dara sincerely said.

 

Bom sat beside Dara and grinned knowingly at her. Oh-uh. This is not good.

 

“You want to repay me?” Bom cheekily asked Dara. Oh no, she’s taking back now what she said, let her be deaf. “Okay, let’s go to a bar house, let’s celebrate your first day.”, Bom chirped lively.

 

“WHAT??? NO! Why go to a bar? Have you forgot I’m now not allowed to drink?”, Dara chided with a wide eyes.

 

“Of course I know that, I’m not yet gone stupid”, Bom retorted. “You’re just going to come with me, I will not ask you to drink…and that bar is a safe and secured place, if that worries you.”

 

“No, it’s not like that. But don’t you think there is more place to celebrate this day?”

 

“Yes..but it’s been a long long lonnngg time when the last time we went to a bar together”, Bom pouted, trying her skills to convinced Dara. “And I miss having fun. You know I don’t take ‘no’ for an answer”, Bom twinkled her eyes, trying other tactics to convince her.

 

Dara sighed in defeat. “Do I have any choice?”, she told Bom and smiled. Bom beamed and clapped her hands, happy that she easily convinced Dara. Huh! Piece of cake.

 

“So, when we’ll be going?”, Dara asked Bom.

 

“Oh, later this evening after our work.”

 

*silence

 

Dara paused for a moment while blinking at Bom as if processing every word Bom said into her mind, while her sister is there smiling sooo sweetly at her.

 

Later this evening… LATER THIS EVENING???

 

“WHAT?! Why so sudden?”, Dara chided, reacting almost ten seconds late.

 

“I thought you like surprises.”

 

“I AM surprised”, Dara sarcastically replied.

 

“Oh come on, this is only our free time, and besides, you already agreed.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter