CHAPTER 4 - FIRST ATTEMPT

GBBn1 (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A brief info about Mafias!! So…this is the reason I keep being idle. *sigh

And please take note that this story is only inspired by this Mafia ideas but I don’t take any serious means or connection about it on my stories. I did some alterations on the names and places to avoid any conflict.

 

 

 

Mafia – top earning organized crime group in the world. They have the ability to ward off opponents and rake in profits. The ultimate point of the Mafia is to make money.

 

They have their own ‘Mobster guidelines and goals’:

 

-- ensure organization, coordination, and cooperation among members

-- settle conflicts and contain violence

-- maintain secrecy and conceal information

-- they have their own Ten Mafiosi Commandments

 

They also have their own criminal codes.

 

 

MAFIA FAMILY TREE

 

 

 

POSITIONS:

 

Boss – the undisputed leader of the organization

 

Consigliere – a counselor and advisor, a trusted friend. Making impartial decisions based on fairness rather than personal feelings or vendetta.

 

Underboss – the second in command. The amount of power he wields can vary. Some other bosses resolve issues without involving the boss. Some are groomed to replace the boss if he is old or in danger of going to jail.

 

Capo -  acts like a Lieutenant (LT) who served the family boss, leading his own section of the family. The number of capos varies depending on the overall site of the family. The key to being a successful capo is making money.

 

Made man – a man who has been officially inducted into a Mafia family. Sponsored by another made man. They are also known as Soldiers or Wiseguy. They are known for doing all the “dirty works”

 

Associates – not actual members of the mafia, but they work with Mafia soldiers and capos on various criminal enterprises. An associate is simply someone works with the mob, including anyone from a burglar r drug dealer to a lawyer, investment banker, police officer or politician.

 

Prefecture – a chief officer, magistrate, or regional governor in certain countries.

 

Godfather – experienced mobster, guiding the new member into mafia life.

 

 

*mafia information was taken from aboutthemafia.com and people.howstuffworks.com/mafia.htm

 

 

The bigbang boys are now settled on their usual seats. They are currently on their headquarters having a brief meeting together with the Rank 3 - their extended mafia family. The atmosphere inside is slowly torturing the people in the room as they cautiously observing their boss who’s wearing a very dark expression on his face.

 

“Here is the current report for the recent drug dealing we executed last week at Barcelona, boss”, Hyunseung, one of the Rank 3 capos, handed GD a file of documents about their latest work. GD lazily accepted it and carefully reading thru the pages.

 

“Why is the profit we gained from this is just 20% larger than the previous one? Isn’t this supposed to be one of the biggest projects your team handled for this quarter?”, he coldly asked while frowning.

 

“Yes, boss. But that’s the only money we earned from that since half of the share from the dealing was split into parts”

 

“Split into parts? Aren’t you must have a solo charge from this?”

 

“That’s the main plan but…but the Rank 2 insisted to rake it in. They told us that they should have a share from it and it’s just their payback from the last dealing they imparted”, Hyunseung carefully answered, not wanting to give any wrong words to their boss that will make him toss their out of the room.

 

“Did you say Rank 2?”, TOP interjected. The capos nod their head respectfully to their consigliere making him furrowed his eyes in confusion. He turned to GD while slowly rubbing his forehead.

 

“Boss, what does the Rank 2 have to do with this? I thought they have their own project and they are currently out of reach for drug dealing?”, TOP observed while checking the same document that GD had earlier. There is something wrong with the report.

 

GD tapped his fingers slowly on the table making the atmosphere inside their headquarters more unearthly. GD’s boss aura is something people don’t want to see.

 

“Do we still have a contact with the Rank 2’s made man?”, GD asked to no one as he straightened up on his seat.

 

“Yes, boss. Yoseob here retained the connection with them”, Hyunseung answered. Their boss’ stare is now getting unreadable as minutes passed by. They don’t know what is really running inside his mind.

 

“I want you to collect info as much as you can from their made man about the Rank 2’s drug dealing projects for the past six months and report it to me immediately”

 

“Boss, they might not give it out if they know you are asking for it”, TOP reminded him while tossing the documents back to Hyunseung.

 

“They are not going to know if someone is not telling about it”, GD simply replied while raising his brows. The capos don’t have any chance but, of course, to oblige.  The capos got off their seats and bowed their head to the boss before leaving the room with only GD and TOP.

 

GD had his eyebrows furrowed thinking that their recent family projects are starting to cause problem to their built money treasures. They need to find out the reason behind it before it gets to worst.

 

TOP also stood up the moment Hyunseung’s group left, and to GD’s annoyance, TOP sat on the table in front of GD and crossed his legs, with his palms resting behind. He looks like a girl who’s about to flirt.

 

“WHAT THE HELL???!!”, GD breathed out in annoyance and was ready to blast his consigliere’s skull.

 

“Do you think you’re putting our organization into mishap by stealing infos from the Rank 2?”, TOP simply commented, ignoring GD’s furious stare at him as brush his hair slowly while looking at GD with intense eyes.

 

“GET OFF THE FREAKING TABLE!”

 

“Boss, this is a serious matter I need to discuss with you”, TOP is obviously doing this on purpose, isn’t he?

 

 “WHAT THE , HYUNG”, GD yelled and pointed his gun at TOP when the guy suddenly uncrossed his legs and run his finger onto GD’s chest with flirting eyes.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

 

TOP burst a loud series of laughter seeing their boss already in the verge of panic because of his actions. He’s obviously just playing around but his boss’ reaction made it more fun.

 

“You…you should have seen your face”, TOP said in between his laughter. Aigooo. Teasing their leader is so much fun.

 

“I need to kill you”,  GD growled.

 

“It’s fine. At least I died in happiness because of you”, TOP remarked and winked at GD. The latter crunched his face and glared. He’s starting to think if he is safe with his alien consigliere.

 

“You got a serious problem”

 

“Oh no, boss. I just want to tease you because you’ve been always serious these past weeks. You are starting to evolved into a robot with your poker face”

 

GD just rolled his eyes before putting his gun into its holder, making sure it’s still within his reach if in case TOP decided to be a creepy pscho again. TOP just shook his head in amusement and jump off the table just in time Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri entered the room while bickering.

 

“Ya! You musketeers, where have you been?”, TOP immediately scolded the three.

 

“Blame this useless rat here”, Daesung and Taeyang simultaneously pointed Seungri who looked at them incredulously as if he is being betrayed.

 

“Why me?”

 

“Why not you?”, Daesung shot back and settled on his respective seat. “Is the meeting postponed?”, he then asked seeing the place empty when they supposed to have a meeting.

 

“Meeting’s adjourned already. Thank you for being early”, TOP snide. These three together is not good. They normally caused trouble and stress within the organization for being so childish.

 

Well, coming from him.

 

“Why are you late?”, GD asked. The three started to talk in chorus in attempt to defend their own selves and blaming each other. GD can’t help but to sighed and closed his eyes firmly. Someone really need to remind him of the reason why he is team up with these useless men. How could they even call themselves notorious mobsters when they act like a child?!

 

“It’s Seungri, boss.”, Taeyang said in finality. TOP and GD crossed their arms against their chest and zeroed their eyes to Seungri. It’s kind of scary that these two also act like a twin. Taeyang and Daesung, on the other hand, put an innocent face to make it more convincible that it’s Seungri’s fault all along.

 

“Care to explain?”

 

“Traitors”, Seungri hissed at Taeyang and Daesung before gulping as he turned to look at his leader and attempted to let this topic passed. “Well, this is not to be fuss about, ya know. So let’s just get over it”

 

“SPILL IT”, GD growled. Uh-oh.

 

“Fine. Fine! I asked Dae and Tae hyung to accompany me somewhere very important to check something”

 

“And that something is?”

 

“Ehhh…beautiful noona”, Seungri flashed a boyish grin that he failed to see their leader’s face now with deepen frown. GD unconsciously glared at their maknae after hearing what he said. Why does the gun look so tempting at this moment?

 

“Beautiful noona, you mean…?”, TOP asked. It better not be the sister of that disgusting woman.

 

“Sandara Park”, Daesung confirmed but immediately clamped his mouth, regretting that he spoke up as he saw GD’s vexed expression.

 

“Why do you need to see her?”, OMG. TOP stop asking.

 

“I just want to check on her. After what happened at the Psy’s bar weeks ago I became so worried about my beautiful noona so I decided to check her up since I remember where she lives, though. I misses her too”

 

Seungri then squinted his eyes and smirked mischievously upon sensing something on their leader. GD is now looking like he discovered something that will entitle him to hunt people down, and this also never escaped the eyes of the four.

 

Waiiiittt a minnutteee.

 

“What?”, GD raised a brow at his men after he saw them looking at him anticipating like they are waiting for him to show them a magic tricks. The four could only blink at him but the flash of playfulness on their eyes never escaped him. ANNOYING!!

 

“I have a crush on beautiful noona.”, Seungri casually said.

 

“So?”

 

“I’m planning to make her my girlfriend.”, Seungri said seriously as he crossed his arm and leaned his back.

 

“Whatever”, but that tone was so dark.

 

The three bit their lips to stifled their laughter while Seungri widen his eyes silently praying that GD won’t do anything at him, regretting the wrong move of teasing him.

 

Let’s pray for Seungri’s soul.

 

 

 

Gosh, is there no end to this?

 

Dara ran her palm on her face trying to control herself not to walk out of the place.

 

“I’m really sorry, Dara-yah”

 

OMG. That’s approximately the 14th times Bom told her that exact same word for this morning. They are now currently at small restaurant near their company building to have their breakfast but Bom here keep on apologizing to her. It would be okay if not Bom keep on doing this every single day at every single chances she would get.

 

“I’m sorry, Dara-yah!”

 

“Will you cut it out?”, Dara almost yelled at her sister. She understands why Bom keep on apologizing at her about what happened at the bar weeks ago but good riddance, it is already WEEKS ago. Her ears almost bleed when she’s hearing those words.

 

“But…”

 

“Bom, I already told you so many times that I’m fine and I am not blaming you on anything. But you are giving me a reason on why I should be mad at you”, Dara held her hand up at Bom to stop her upon seeing her sister about to say something. “So if you don’t want me to be mad, can you please stop saying ‘sorry’ to me? I am starting to hate that word already”

 

“Okay. I’ll shut up. I’m so- ooopsss”, Bom clasped after realizing what she is about to say she then started digging her pancake as if nothing happened. Dara could only shake her head in disbelief. It’s really amazing how she can tolerate her sister’s randomness at any moment.

 

“I’m still waiting for that Lee Minho treat you told me”, Dara suddenly chimed reminding Bom of what she promised. Oh yeah, she almost forget it.

 

“Okay”, Bom just simply replied while she’s busy attacking her food. Dara squinted her eyes as she noticed something’s fishy.

 

“You are not planning to ditch me on that, are you?”

 

“Of course not”, Bom breathed out innocently. TOO INNOCENT.

 

“Oh my goodness. Bom! I should have known better…arghh!”, Dara grunted upon realizing that she got tricked by her sister.

 

“As much as I would love to do my promise to you, I can’t because Lee Minho just entered the military a month ago. How can you call yourself a fan if you don’t even know about it!!??”, Bom prompted nonchalantly and shrugged.

 

“PARK BOM!!!!”

 

==

A man in a black outfit is hiding behind a tree near a restaurant and was busy taking pictures of a two girls. He then stopped taking shot and checked every picture. Contented on what he got, he took his phone and dialed someone.

 

“I’m done taking photos.”, he informed to the person on the other line.

 

“Good. Don’t stop following her. I’ll see her later….in hell”

 

 

 

The two girls entered their company building more early than the usual since Bom finished her food in just a blink, almost even the plate. Can’t think of any other places to spend the remaining hour before their work, they just decided to go straight there.

 

“Good Morning, Ms. Park…and Ms. Park.”, Minhwan lively greeted upon seeing the Park sister walking on their way towards the elevator. He then smiled cheekily at Sandara. The two greeted him back with a smile as well as the other employees.

 

“Ms. Park, want me to help you with your bag?”, Minhwan turned to Dara and shyly asked her. Dara chuckled and smiled gratefully at her.

 

“No thanks /read the name tag/ Choi Minhwan. I can manage.”, she replied politely as she fixed her shoulder bag. This is what a REAL gentleman is.

 

“We’re going up now. Have a great day you all.”, Dara then turned to all as she cheered everyone before stepping inside the elevator with her sister. Everyone bowed their head until the elevator door closes. The two proceeded directly at Dara’s office.

 

“Expect more work to come, Dara.”, Bom suddenly said as she threw herself in the couch located at the center.

 

“Yeah, I know.”

 

“But don’t do solo work, that’s why you have Joong Ki. Don’t stress yourself, I know the stubborn you.”, Bom warned.

 

“Yes, madam.”, Dara playfully saluted which also made Bom playfully held her chin up like a real countess.

 

“Good.”

 

“By the way, Bom. Aren’t you going to attend your business? You have your own business too, it looks like I’m being a burden to it.”, Dara then muttered.

 

Though she's the eldest, Bom really can stand on her own feet thus she started building her own business at a young age. She didn’t choose to be the Park Corporation and just willingly leave it for her sister. She really wanted to have her own and make names not just because she’s a ‘Park’, so she worked very hard to build her own business which is a Shoe line. Everyone knows she’s capable to achieving that since she’s a hardworking person and a type of girl who never gives up. She always has the support of the person close to her heart especially Dara and her father, and that’s the reason behind her success. Now the Shoe line ‘BlackJack’ created a big dome in the fashion industry and it was a dream come true for her. She deserves it, after all.

 

“Shut up. You are not a burden to me.”, Bom snapped. “Don’t worry about my business, everything is perfect. And I trust my secretary and all of my staff that they’ll do their great job for the business when I’m still out. They know the situation and they understand. I’m confident they’ll do their best.”, Bom boldly explained. Dara laughed at her sister yet proud at her.

 

“Oh well, looks like I need not to worry. You’re Bom anyways, everything is easy for you.”, Dara said while smiling.

 

“I know right.”

 

Then suddenly, the door opened and Joong Ki entered. He automatically smiled at the two girls. Dara smiled back at him and ran to welcome him in a hug while Bom just waved a hand lazily.

 

“Well Good Morning to you too, Ms. Sandara Park.”, Joong Ki chuckled as he returned her hug. “You’re early.”

 

“Yes. Bom here wake me up SIX in the morning. We go for a corn”, Dara simply said before pulling gently at the hug.

 

“Why should be that early? You can have it by later, you know”, he asked. Yeah, that’s also her question a while ago to herself.

 

“Ask her”, Dara pouted and pointed Bom, trying to look pitiful.

 

“It’s corn, Joong Ki. CORN! Are you going to ignore the call of a corn?”, Bom remarked as if the corn she ate is something sacred.

 

“Hmm..yeah. You got the point”, Joong Ki simply agreed while nodding his head which Dara widen her eyes at. He just sided at Bom? Dara stomped her way towards her desk and then angrily sat at her swivel chair while pouting, looking down with a frowning face.

 

Take note, she’s not angry nor throwing tantrums, she just wants to do it so. Aigoo.

 

Joong Ki chuckled at her childish act again while Bom raised an eyebrow while looking at her stupid sister. Knowing what Dara wants, Joong Ki approached Dara before tilting his head to look at her cute face.

 

“Ms. Sandara Park”, he called out while Dara just turned her chair to ignore her. Hmph. He then round the table and looked at her again.

 

“Ms. Sandara Park.”, he called again and smile trying not to laugh. Dara only gave him a glance. Hmpph. I’m ignoring you.

 

“Okay, I’ll let you sleep here as long as you want. Leave me the works, it’s fine with me.”, Joong Ki softly said. She just pouted even more. Is she really not throwing tantrums?

 

“You want a hug?”, he chirped, almost laughing. Then without saying anything, Dara wrapped her hands around his waist and rested her cheek at his stomach since she’s sitting. And by that, Joong Ki started to release a soft laugh as he caresses Dara’s hair. He guesses it right, she’s still the same old Dara. The Dara who always wanted a hug from him. He remembered her say that his hug gives her comfort whenever she’s feeling some sadness or just like it, and he’s glad that she still does. He doesn’t mind it at all since they’re best friends.

 

“Are you two in a relationship?”, Bom suddenly asked making the two snapped their heads at her.

 

“WE’RE NOT”, the two yelled in unison making Bom flinched.

 

“I’m just asking, no need to yell at me. Geez.”, she huffed. “But seriously, you two looks interesting”, she added nonchalantly.

 

“There you go again, Bom”

 

Bom was about to say something when she heard her phone ringing, she took it out and jumped from her seat upon seeing who’s the caller before pressing the answer button. After a minute of talking in the phone, Bom turned to the two and excuse herself.

 

“Company call. I need to go for a while, I’ll be back later”, she informed them. She waved her hand and started pacing at the door but stopped an inch and turned at the two with a serious face.

 

“Song Joong Ki, watch over my sister. I don’t hire you just to be her secretary but to also take care of her since you also know about everything in her condition.”, she said with authority and a serious voice. “TAKE-CARE-OF-HER.”

 

Joong Ki was quiet for a moment but nodded and smiled after. “No need to tell me that.”

 

“Do I look like a toddler that need to be babysit?”, Dara interjected playfully. The two chuckled at her remark. After Bom left, Joong Ki then looked at Dara before pacing his room.

 

“Behave yourself, I don’t want to get killed by your sister”, he laughed.

 

“Joong Ki”, she called out as she twirled the chair to face him.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Move your desk here. It felt lonely while you were just a door apart from me.”

 

He paused for a moment then he smiled teasingly at her. “Just say you wanted to stare at this handsome face of mine every day”, he teased.

 

“You’re not handsome.”, she huffed. Of course she’s lying.

 

“Ah-huh.”

 

“Aisshhh”, she glared at the laughing Joong Ki as he entered his room to get his things. She got a bunch of people who loves to . Argh.

 

==

Dara yawned and stretched her arms upwards then get back on typing at her laptop.

 

“Take a sleep.”, Joong Ki said without looking at her, busy writing something. But Dara didn’t say anything as if she didn’t heard him. They are now at the same circle of the room as Joong Ki moved and placed his desk at the left side of the room, complying what Dara wants. They were busy on organizing every plot of works connected to their business and their partners. Since Dara is new to this, she was on the study to know and learned every company connected to theirs.

 

She yawned again while reading something at the screen, but she can’t read it properly since her vision is getting blurry and her eyes starting to droop. She yawned again.

 

“Take a sleep first”, Joong Ki ordered Dara as he shut the laptop close. Dara just blinked at the laptop before droopingly looked at him.

 

“But I need to work.”, she weakly said, totally sleepy.

 

“Don’ be stubborn. You need to rest.”, Joong Ki shot back in a soft whisper and without waiting for Dara to say something, she gently pulled her up from her seat and brought her at the couch. He then pushed her down and made her laid comfortably.

 

“Sleep.”

 

Dara blinked but then gave him a smile. “Thank you”, she said and it didn’t take her minutes to make a sleep as she started drifting to her dreamland.

 

“Stubborn huggy.”, he whispered while looking at her sleeping figure. He then smiled and caressed her hair. “I’m sorry, Sandara Park”

 

 

GD stood up and kicked the hooligan at the side by his shoe like it’s just a scattered garbage bag before turning his head at s who’s already done with their own fights. Bodies were lying at the ground, bloody and almost lifeless.

 

“Finish with that, boss?”, TOP uninterestedly asked as he wiping his blooded hands. GD nodded and turned to walk as he shoved his hands at his pocket, not even bothering to clean it. The made-man who’s near around the scene got out of their hiding place and automatically do their job on cleaning up the stupid mess.

 

The four exchange knowing looks before following their leaders.

 

“I think you’re thinking what I am thinking, right?”, Seungri asked t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter