Chapter Nine

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jinjja? When?" 

"Just last week after our show with Daesung and Yonghwa?"

"And what did you think about it?"

"Hmm?" Jihyo looked up at the man who was asking her questions. "I don't know.. but.."

"But what Noona?" Kwangsoo tilted his head to the side, his curiosity piqued to what the woman had said.

"I think it was real.." The actress sighed. "But I can't. He's my best friend."

Patting her back, Kwangsoo felt sad to what the woman had revealed and he was thankful too that of all people she could tell it too, she chose him. Maybe she trusts me a lot? Standing up from were he seated, the tall actor fetched their orders when the staff had called their name. 

Jihyo and Kwangsoo were in a cafe down at Ilsan. Jihyo had called Kwangsoo, saying that she has something important to say. As the good dongsaeng that he is, he immediately went with no questions asked. Kwangsoo adored Jihyo but like his older sister. Working with each other had strength their bond and made them closer too just like Jongkook and Joongki were close to her.

Sitting back against her seat, she waited for the man to return. A faint smile was then painted on Jihyo's lips when she spotted and smelled her Americano coming on the way. Placing the tray on the table, Kwangsoo handed Jihyo her drink immediately, thinking that this would make her happy. 

"Here, Noona. So you'd calm down."

"Gomawo." Jihyo nodded and took the cup with both hands.

"So you were saying again? Have you told anyone about your.. dream?"

Jihyo merely shook her head then sighed. "I'm scared, Kwangsoo." Jihyo frowned. 

"Oh? Waeyo?"

"What if-"

"What if hyung finds out you like him?"

Jihyo nodded.

"Then it's okay. You'll never know if hyung feels the same way right? Besides you're both single so I think falling in love with each other isn't bad ne?" Kwangsoo smiled and patted the actress' back, assuring her of his words. "Never hold back your feelings, Noona or you just might not get what you want."

"You promise not to tell anyone okay?" Jihyo stuck out her pinky, looking seriously at Kwangsoo.

Looking at her small finger, the man smiled and nodded, lacing his pinky around his noona before pressing his thumb against hers. "Promise."

 

 

As the weeks passed by and Running Man went on, Jongkook couldn't help himself anymore. Every time a show ended and there were Monday Couple intimate moments, he'd run to his van and fume off, shouting or hitting anything he can in sight. Not only that but he did such deeds at home as well. Gapjin, his manager, would often hear muffled screams inside the singers room and  couldn't help but worry about his strange behavior. He once asked his talent to why he's doing this but Jongkook simply ignored him and walked away. Gapjin then knew that whatever it was, Jongkook didn't wish to talk about it.

Even so Monday Couple was everywhere, he learned the art of faking. Yes, Jongkook has gained acting skills. Acting like it didn't affect him and like he didn't care at all. But Jongkook's feelings would always take the best of him. He'd randomly compliment Jihyo's looks, saying that she was cute or pretty even when the cameras are on. He'd hold Jihyo's hand and always stand next to the woman when he'd get the chance. Jihyo was still his best friend on matter what and the Commander tries every time to hold in the true feelings of his heart. 

But to his luck, Jihyo still runs to Jongkook every time the show ends. Never did he encounter Monday Couple relaxing comfortably after a show. It was only him and Jaesuk that the actress gave the kind of treatment. This has made him somehow happy and hopeful that Jihyo doesn't have feelings for the rapper and is just doing all things Monday Couple for the show.

 

 

Why Gary?

 

 

Why not me?

 

 

I'm the King of Variety Love Lines.

 

 

It was the end of Joongki's last episode when all members decided to spend more quality time with their flower boy. The tears have already been out during the finale of the show and they just all wanted to have a good time. Since everyone was already at Haha's place, they decided to stay over for the night. Luckily for the members, they have a habit of always bringing extra clothes when filming Running Man just in case for unexpected situations.

Haha and the others went out to buy some food and drinks to have at his place while Joongki, Jihyo, Kwangsoo and Jongkook stayed to set up where they were going to stay. The living room was now wide as they pushed the sitting area back against the wall. Everyone was going to sleep together in the big room, even Haha to give Joongki that feeling he was indeed with a family.

Time passed by and everyone was eating and drinking and singing the night away. Everyone has changed to house clothes and were gathered around in a circle. Each told stories and shared their most memorable experience in the show. Of course, Jaesuk was leading them so the talking would be in order and no everyone would ramble at their own will. The merrymaking finally ceased when the two elders have already fallen asleep. Having respects to their hyungs and oppa, everyone decided to take their sleep as well.

"Jihyo-ya, let me sleep beside you." Gary teased, making everyone's eyes widen.

"Ya!" Jongkook retorted. "She's a girl. Be respectful. Jihyo will sleep on the couch." 

"I was just joking, Hyung." Gary frowned and bowed hi head as he took his place beside Haha.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter