Chapter Fourteen

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Filming day in Thailand ended up fast, making Nichkhun and Minjung the winners for catching Jongkook, who was the thief and the star of the day. With the prize money allotted for the game, they all spent it on dinner at the streets of the market. While walking along the food stalls and restaurants back at Khao Sarn Road, some of the fans were cheering and screaming as they passed by, making the members smile at the crowd's devotion to them. 

Nichkhun was leading the group, telling them about the things that are famous in Thailand. It also amazed them on how Nichkhun associated with the Thai folk, seeing how down to earth he still is despite him being one of the top idols in the KPOP industry. While choosing a place to eat, Jongkook took the chance to stand along side Jihyo, thinking about how to apologize and make up for the misunderstanding last night. Scanning the are, his eyes met Kwangsoo's who was standing beside Haha. With a stern look, the Commander shook his head and signaled the Avatar not to come near this time. Nodding at the mental information, Kwangsoo started to initiate small talk with the shortest male member.

"Seongim-ah." Jongkook called, making the actress face him.

"Ne, Oppa?"

"About last night, there was a misunderstanding." Jongkook explained, his face reddening as he rubbed his nape.

"Oh? A misunderstanding of what?" The actress sounded surprised but calm at the same time.

"I was really supposed to tell you something important but Kwangsoo came unexpected." He sighed. 

"Ohh. Then what were you going to tell me?"

"Uhmm.." He looked around and noticed the place was too crowded that people might over hear the information. Shaking his head, he faced the actress and smiled at her softly. "Maybe later. Somewhere private." He chuckled.

Nodding at her best friend's suggestion, Jihyo smiled back at the Commander. But she couldn't help think about what important stuff he has to say to her. The letter she received, the words written on it continued to gnaw on her brain, making her feel uneasy and somewhat nervous for no particular reason. But the smile Jongkook gave assured her that it was something not to fear, something happy.

"Jongkook hyung!" Haha called out, making the couple look at the shortest member curiously. "Get in here." Haha gestured, calling out his fellow members.

Agreeing with his dongsaeng, Jongkook held on Jihyo's shoulders and gestured her in the restaurant they have chosen.

 

 

 

 

Long after their international trip, the important message Jongkook had to say to Jihyo was long forgotten. Jihyo has never mentioned it once again to the Commander, making the man feel slightly at ease. The thought that he wasn't ready to reveal his feelings to Jihyo became dominant in his mind that he decided to keep it in once again and wait for the proper timing to confess. 

Weeks of Running Man filming came by and Jongkook found himself at Taehyun's house along with their other best friend, Janghyuk. Both men are married, leaving Jongkook that only bachelor of the group. It was one of their get togethers as best friends and it's also the time that they get to catch up with one another. Having finished dinner that Taehyun's wife had prepared, Soochan and Taeeun, Taehyun's kids started playing around with Jongkook, whom they declared as their favorite uncle.

Since the Commander had no kids nor a wife, he gave extra attention to his nephew and the kids of his friends, treating them as his own. Soochan and Taeeun started grabbing Jongkook's arms which he'd raise, lifting the two kids up in the air and making them giggle with glee. Sukeun, Taehyun's wife, loved the way Jongkook handled her children. She was quite amazed herself that a man, who seems fit to be owning a family of his own is still single.

"Jongkook Samchoon.." Soochan called before letting go of his uncle's bicep.

"Ne, Soochan?" Carrying Taeeun properly and sitting on the floor, the Commander smiled at the little girl as she started playing with the man's hair.

"When will you bring your kids here?" The little boy asked as he sat next to the singer.

"He can't, Channie." Taehyun retorted, laughing at his son's question.

"Wae, Appa?" 

"Ask him yourself." Taehyun grinned and walked towards the singer, taking his daughter. "Good luck in explaining, Horangi." Giving Jongkook a soft and mischievous rawr, he carried Taeeun and walked towards her room to put her to sleep.

"Samchoon." Soochan tugged on the Commander's sleeve. "Channie wants playmates."

"Wae? You don't like playing with me anymore?" Jongkook chuckled and grabbed the boy by his waist, giving his tummy a tickle.

"Omo!" The boy giggled. "Hajima, Samchoon! Hajima!" He wriggled and turned, his hands flailing around the air as Jongkook kept on his tickle torture.

"Okay. That's enough, Soochan." Sukeun appear from the kitchen, placing bottles of Soju at the coffee table before walking towards the two playing boys. "It's time to put him to bed, Oppa." She smiled.

"Oh. Can I do it myself? I missed him after all." 

 

Tucking the little boy in his bed, Jongkook gave Soochan a high five before ruffling his hair. Soochan was one of his favorite kids. He wasn't like Taehyun who was always messing around, but the little boy actually had manners, taking up from his mother. Reaching up, Soochan wrapped his arms around the Commander's neck and gave him a tight hug. But just in time, Taehyun appeared, greeting his son a good night. As soon as Soochan had drifted to sleep, Taehyun nudged Jongkook while making their way out of the little boy's room.

"It's nice to have a son right?" Taehyun teased.

"It is but I'm not yet ready to have one." Jongkook simply explained as he made his way towards Janghyuk.

Sukeun was already at bed, sleeping with their daughter and leaving the three boys at the living room, drinking and eating the night away. Jongkook wasn't really a drinker but for some reason he was persuaded by his best friends to have a shot or two. While telling stories about their personal careers, they ended up with the topic of family. Of course Taehyun and Janghyuk were the only ones discussing about it, making Jongkook feel invisible in the scene. 

"Yeah. Soochan is doing good lately in school. He even asked if he was allowed to take theater club." Taehyun proclaimed proudly.

"Jinjja? Well my so-"

"Excuse me. But I'm still here you know." Jongkook interrupted while pouring some soju in his shot glass.

The two men chuckled with what Jongkook said and resumed drinking with their bachelor friend. It dawned on the Commander that gatherings like these won't be the same anymore since he's friends with married men. They'll always talk about their children, family get togethers, family time, about their wife and he'll be left alone hanging and just listening since he can't relate to the topic. He sighed at took a quick go of the soju b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter