Chapter Twenty-Six

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First of all, I would like to say sorry to everyone who has subrscribed to this. My life has been total chaos and I had writer's block for such a long time. I understand if you guys have given up on this but I assure you that I will be finishing this story. My love for spartace has never ended and will continue until the end of time. The update might be sloppy (just a heads up) and again, mianhaeyo. Jinjja, jwesonghamnida. 

I hope you enjoy this.

 

 

 

 

“Did you give her a call?” Jaesuk asked as he drove down the freeway, his eyes glancing towards Gary who was lost in his thoughts while looking out the window.

“Gary-ah..” Jaesuk said with a little more force and succeeded in calling his friend’s attention.

“Ne, Hyung?” Gary responded confusingly.

“I asked if you gave Eunhye a call.”

Gary was once again caught in a daze upon hearing his senior’s question, a sigh leaving his lips as he visibly surrendered himself to his seat.

Jaesuk was worried not only of Gary’s thoughts, but also for what may happen to the rest once he makes his decision in exposing the secret behind Jihyo and Jongkook. He’s been with the Running Man team for so long and he didn’t want to see it all go away just because of some stupid quarrel over a gym obsessed man.

With an annoyed sigh, Jaesuk squared himself on his seat and bit his lip as he thought of the words he wanted to say to his dongsaeng.

“Look.. Gary..” He started. “I know you are hurt and that whatever Eunhye is offering you would do you justice to whatever you are feeling at the moment. But do you think this is good? For you? For us?”

Gary then shifted in his seat and looked at his hyung but Jaesuk had his eyes fixated on the road, keeping his focus and temper all at once.

“Just think about it. Isn’t it a bit immature if you do such thing?” Jaesuk said bluntly. “The show may or will probably end in a snap if you expose them just because of that petty reason. Because you want someone who is already owned by someone else.”

Jaesuk himself couldn’t believe the words he was uttering but he didn’t stop and continued expressing his feelings towards his friend and the situation. “I love this show. I love making a fool out of myself and being with my friends. Making people happy with running around.”

A heavy sigh escaped the comedian’s lips upon parking his car at the venue. Turning his head to face the now dumbfounded Gary, Jaesuk placed a hand on his dongsaeng’s shoulder, consoling him. “Are you ready to end this til this point? Even if you quit or they quit, would you think it would still be the same?” Jaesuk was more serious now. “If you love what you are doing, if you love us, then do the right thing. But if you can’t take it anymore..” The comedian fell silent and shook his head once. “Well, it was a great experience working with you.”

Giving out a heavy sigh, Jaesuk got out from his car and waited for his dongsaeng to exit as well.

 

As everyone was getting ready for the shoot, Gary was alone in one of the tents, waiting for him to be called out. He was deep in his thoughts, absorbing all the words Jaesuk told him earlier in the car. He was also confused with his feelings, confused with Eunhye’s words. All the emotions that filled him; anger, pity, hatred, pain, it was consuming him little by little. His head was too light and too heavy at the same time but he had to shun all those feelings away to perform well for the shoot.

 

“Gary-ssi?” Someone called out and broke off the rapper’s thoughts.

“I’m coming.” He called back and stood up from his seat, giving his entire body a shake to loosen the tension. But just when he was about to leave for the shoot, a text message appears on his phone which just brings back the tension in his bones.

 

 

                                Remember what we talked about, Gary-ssi. I’ll be watching somewhere.

 

 

“!” Gary shouted and threw his phone after reading the message, storming out of the tent and leaving people dumbfounded in the situation.

Lining up with the rest of the members, Gary put on his smiling face and put his problems aside, not wanting to ruin the day for everyone. But as the day continued, he could feel their eyes following him, as if waiting for something bad to happen. It only made Gary conscious and sad deep inside. But he couldn’t blame them. With Jaesuk’s worry, he knows that the members probably has an idea on what he and Eunhye had talked about.

As filming has finally reached his end and Jaesuk started making his signature end remarks, Gary took a deep breath and walked over at the center, interrupting Jaesuk and making everyone fall silent. The writers were about to ask him to go back to his place but the PDs knew something was up so they let him take the center, making it a way to help him relieve his feelings.

“I have something to say.” Gary announced, earning everyone’s attention. “I know that the recent happenings may have bothered you all. As well as my actions a while ago.” The rapper faced the group of stylists and bowed to them apologetically. “I was careless and I am sorry for that.”

Standing upright once again, Gary faced s this time and looked all of them in the eyes but stopping at Jongkook who was, as you guessed it, beside Jihyo. As Gary took in the pair, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath before moving to wrap his arms around them both, taking the couple by surprise.

“I’m sorry.” The rapper whispered and released the couple before facing the other again. “I don’t want to break something beautiful. I don’t want that to happen to me either. So why should I even do it to them?” Gary sighed and looked at his feet. “I feel ashamed.” He confessed. “Ashamed because I agreed to ruin you both.”

The rapper then looked around to search the actress but to his surprise, he wasn’t around. Though that didn’t make him relax as the thought that she was secretly watching them came to his head. Facing everyone again, Gary kneeled on the floor and bowed sincerely, his voice muffled and echoing through the ground as he spoke. “I was on the verge of ruining this show. Being a selfish bastard and not caring what would happen to others and I am sorry.”

 

Jongkook then stepped forward and lifted his friend from the ground, giving him a tight hug. The place was still silent but the heaviness of emotions was so vivid that you can feel it from a mile away. One by one, each member and staff walked towards the rapper and wrapped their arms around him, consoling him and congratulating him on how brave and strong he was to confess something so deep and apologize for his human instincts.

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter