Chapter Twenty-Five

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: As you have requested my pretties. An update.. FINALLY! OTL

 

His eyes were wide and skin was pale. His lower lip already becoming pinkish red as he bit on them hard, controlling every fiber of his body not to kill the woman in front of him. Jongkook, Jihyo and Eunhye stood still into the open area, dead silence enveloping them in a solace embrace.
Kwangsoong tried his best to be understanding of the situation that came afoot on his Noona and Hyung but no matter how hard he tried to slip every ty thing that Eunhye has done, he can’t get rid of the fast that the woman who she thought was a friend of his family was a foe and only three of them can see it.

“That’s enough, Kwangsoo.” Jihyo said at last, revealing her presence in the group.

Walking up in front of Kwangsoo, Jihyo immediately gave her attention to Eunhye and cupped her face gently to see how badly she was hurt. With a frown etched on her lips, Jihyo couldn’t stop thinking that this was all her fault. That the reason Kwangsoo did what he just did was because of her and she couldn’t forgive herself for that.

“You need some ice on that.” Jihyo said in a dead tone as she wrapped her arm around Eunhye’s waist.

Even after all the Eunhye has done to Jihyo and Jongkook, it surprised her that the woman who was supposed to be her enemy was now helping her from what her friend had did. Eunhye wanted to pull away and Jihyo can sense it but either both of them were just lazy to pull away or they really took into consideration what the other was doing for another.

“I’m fine.” Eunhye muttered as they began walking back to where the set was. “You don’t have to do this, Jihyo-ssi.”

“I know.” Jihyo answered once again with a dead tone. “But Kwangsoo didn’t have to slap you either. So just think of this as an apology from my dongsaeng.”

“I’m not giving up on Jongkook, Jihyo.” Eunhye blurted.

It was then that Jihyo wanted to regret that she helped Eunhye after being slapped. She knows that at whatever motive Eunhye has on Jongkook, she won’t give up unless she succeeds. Sudden thoughts then started rolling in Jihyo’s mind, making her groan inwardly at every detail that had come to emphasis. Upon arriving at the set, all eyes were suddenly glued to Jihyo when they saw her helping Eunhye up to a tent.

“I know.” Jihyo replied, annoyance evident in her voice. “So will I.”

Jaesuk, who was close friends with Eunhye ever since the XMAN days came heading towards both the ladies and started asking questions to them both. He was confused and utterly bewildered to see the competition in each other’s arms. As the front man of Running Man continued analyzing the situation, he noticed Eunhye clutching her cheek and Jihyo looking at it as if it were hurt.

“Ice!” He suddenly called and a staff with a bottle of cold water came rushing in, handing the moist beverage to the Nation’s MC.

 

 

“Ice!” A voice came from behind.

When everyone turned their heads, they all saw Jongkook and Kwangsoo together. Just like what the staff did with Jaesuk, the same person came rushing in with a cold bottle of water and both members gave her a bow. With the water now in Jongkook’s hand, he took Kwangsoo’s hand in turn and placed the wet bottle over his palm. Feeling annoyed with his brother, Jongkook wrapped Kwangsoo’s fingers around the bottle and gave it a quick yet hard squeeze, making the tall actor yelp in pain.

“What happened?” Jaesuk called from across the set, immediately taking Jongkook’s attention.

“Later.” Jongkook called back and looked around, only to see everyone’s eyes glued on them as well. “There’s nothing to see here.” He said and gave a respectful bow to everyone before walking away, his fists all balled up.

 

After Eunhye rested for a bit and applied some first aid on her stinging cheek, Jaesuk talked to her for a while and asked her to go home and get a full rest. Being fatherly as he usually is to the people he works with, he asked his manager to drive Eunhye home and stayed at the set with the rest of the members of Running Man.

“Okay. What happened?” Jaesuk suddenly asked, startling every member.

“Ask Kwangsoo.” Jongkook said and nodded his head towards the tall actor before heading towards Jihyo who was seating away from the group.

As everyone was crowding Kwangsoo, asking him about the details of the incident Jongkook looked at his girlfriend with a face of concern. He knew Jihyo was troubled with everything and the look on her face gave away that she was in deep thought of the incident.

“She said she won’t give up.” Jihyo suddenly stated, her eyes still glued to her feet.

“What?” Jongkook asked, confusion etched on his face.

“She won’t give up on you, Oppa.” The Ace finally lifted her head and made eye contact with the Commander. “She’ll keep doing to ruin us.” She explained.

“Then let’s do what you asked. Let’s move away. Go to America.” Jongkook’s breath started hitch at every word he uttered. “Let’s runaway.”

Jihyo couldn’t explain the happiness that began to stir inside her when she heard her boyfriend considering her initial plan. Moving away to place no one knew them, where they can have a fresh start or maybe even a family. She wanted to say yes. She wanted them to leave at that moment. But just when she was about to agree, she turned her head when she heard Kwangsoo yelp.

Jaesuk and Haha were glaring down at the seated man, his hand still gripped around the water bottle that was now warm from the temperature. A soft smile then formed slowly on Jihyo’s lips as she remembered everything that has happened in her life when she met the members of the variety show. Even when Jongkook’s offer was enticing and she’d wanted that so that Eunhye wouldn’t bother them anymore, she wouldn’t be able to bare the pain of leaving her second family.

Taking Jongkook’s hand in her hold, Jihyo lifted it up and pressed the back of his palm against her cheek before giving it a soft kiss. “I love you, Oppa.” She said softly, her eyes closed as she nuzzled against the Commander’s hand. “But as much as I’d love for us to go and runaway, I won’t.”

Jongkook was slightly surprised with Jihyo’s answer. Just the other day, she was begging him for them to flee the country. To just leave everything they ever lived for in South Korea and head to the west. But now that her answer has changed, it made Jongkook slightly confused with her sudden decision.

“But you said—“

“I know what I said.” Jihyo butted in. “But if Eunhye won’t give up, what makes you think that I will?”

“Seongim.” Jongkook whispered.

“If Eunhye wants to fight, then I’ll be waiting for her with my fists ready to strike. You taught me how to box after all.”

Jongkook couldn’t help but chuckle at his girlfriend’s words and dedication. It was then that he remembered once again why he loved this woman. Just when Jongkook was about to press a kiss on the woman’s lips, he felt that someone was staring at them, making him turn his head, only to see that the eyes of the members were glued to the couple.

 

“So it’s true?” Gary suddenly spoke out of the blue, making everyone look at him.

As Jongkook held Gary’s gaze, he slowly nodded and giving his friend and apologetic look.

“Eh— Chukhahae.” The rapper said in fake enthusiasm. “I wish you both the best and I hope Eunhye stops sabotaging you guys.” And with that said, Gary left the group and headed towards his van.

Jongkook suddenly stood up and walked towards Gary when he started to leave. But Jaesuk and the rest stood in the Commander’s way, his hand pressed on Jongkook’s chest to stop him from taking any steps further.

“Just let him be, Jongkook.” Jaesuk said softly as if he was talking to a child. “Let him think.”

Nodding to his senior’s words, Jongkook moved back to give space for everyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter