Chapter Seventeen

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already 3am when Jongkook finally arrived back to his apartment. He had to wait for Jihyo's fever to go down and for the actress to fall asleep before he could leave her side. Upon arrival in his home, Jongkook found his manager moving about the living room while busy talking on the phone. The singer was utterly curious to why his manager was still up at such time. Turning around, Gapjin face was now etched in relief when he found his talent standing by the front door. But the relief that washed him was now covered in irritation and annoyance as he recalled to why he’s still up at that very hour. Jongkook, still oblivious to the scene, dropped his car keys on the key bowl and made his way to the kitchen to get himself a something to drink.

“Where have you been?” Gapjin asked, standing just by the counter while facing his talent.

“I told you. I was at Ilsan, remember?” Jongkook replied dryly before taking a sip from his glass of water. “Why are you still up anyway? It’s already 10 past 3.” The singer scolded.

“Well, as your manager, I’m up because I was worried sick of you and your company just laid in your new schedule for the week.” Gapjin said strictly before turning back to his phone.

Jongkook was dead tired from his activities that he finally called it a day. Placing the used highball on the sink, the singer made his way towards his room. But before he could close himself from the world, Gapjin stopped his talent from locking his door and slid inside the bedroom. The Commander was slightly shocked to why his manager was acting all strict all of a sudden. He just wanted to lie on his bed and close his eyes but the man before him is preventing him from doing such deed. Sitting on his bed, Jongkook looked up at Gapjin, trying to keep his eyes open while waiting for what the fat man had to say.

“You were with Jihyo?” The tone of the manager was a bit accusatory.

Jongkook gave a nod while keeping his head high.

“What did you do there?”

“She was sick. I took care of her.” The singer said quickly.

“That’s all?” The manager pushed.

“Yes. Goddamit! If I wanted to do more than just take care of her, I should have been here hours ago.” Jongkook was now irritated. Partly because Gapjin kept asking questions but mostly because of his lack of sleep. “Are we done now? Because I really want to sleep if you don’t mind, Hyung.”

Moving away, Gapjin nodded and left his talent’s room before heading towards the living room and taking out his mobile phone again.

 

“Ne, Subin-ssi. He just got home.” Gapjin announced to the person on the other line.

“Arasseo. I just got to Jihyo’s home as well.” The woman said. “Gapjin-ssi, can you do me a big favor?”

“Eh? What is it?”

“Don’t restrict Jongkook-ssi to meet Jihyo, ne? I think he’s good for my talent and her to yours.”

There was a long pause before Gapjin could respond. “Arasseo. I’ll try. I’m just afraid of him losing his career if ever the news of him and Jihyo seeing each other goes out and my concern goes same for your talent as well.”

“Don’t worry, ne? C-JeS takes good care of issues.”

“I hope I can say the same for Jongkook’s agency. If the issue stirs, he’ll be the first one to bring it about the company.” Gapjin chuckled.

 

 

 

Later that morning, when Jongkook was finally wide awake, he found his manager seated at the dining table, breakfast set and waiting for him to devour it. The smell of poached egg, toasted bread and orange juice filled the apartment, making the Commander’s stomach growl from hunger. Walking to his seat on the table, the talent filled his plate with the food and started eating his breakfast. Gapjin on the other hand was busy reading the entertainment section on the news paper. As manager, its part of his job to be updated with the latest showbiz news and make sure that his talent doesn’t make the page bringing a scandal. Placing the broadsheet on the table, Gapjin looked at his talent and smiled to see that he’s acting himself again. He too filled his plate with food and started munching on the food to start his day.

“Hyung?” Jongkook broke the ice after taking a bite from his toast. “You mentioned that Eunhye came by?”

With the fork suspended in mid-air, Gapjin placed the food in his mouth before answering the question of the singer. “Ne. She did. I already told you on the phone remember?”

“I know but I wanted to know why she came by.”

“She said she wanted to talk and see you.”Gapjin shrugged. “Did she call?”

Jongkook shook his head and looked down at his half empty plate. “She didn’t and I don’t want her to.” The singer’s hand was now tightening around the cutlery as memories started to flood his mind.

Jongkook was already used to not seeing Eunhye. Even if she’s got some dramas that usually air on his free time, he had trained himself to look away and ignore the actress. And now that Jihyo was here to take his attention, seeing or even talking to Eunhye wasn’t one of his priorities and neither does he plan on doing so. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Jongkook faced his manager; a small smile etched on his face and continued finishing his fill.

“If she comes by again and I’m not around, tell her to beat it okay?” The Commander said strongly before placing the last bite of toast in his mouth.

Instead of correcting his talent, Gapjin was actually pleased with what Jongkook said. He knew that speaking with Eunhye will only disrupt the good career path his talent is taking. He even decided for himself not to bother anymore with the singer if he plans on seeing the Ace once again.

 

 

 

 

Don’t restrict Jongkook-ssi to meet Jihyo, ne? I think he’s good for my talent and her to yours.

 

 

 

 

The words Jihyo’s manager told him earlier was now echoing his head and he knew that he should obey such request because she is right. Jongkook is more focused in his work then before and is much happier now that Jihyo is someone special in his life. Nodding to himself, Gapjin grinned and faced his plate again, finishing its contents as well.

 

 

 

 

“You shouldn’t have come.” Jongkook said softly while running his finger through Jihyo’s locks.

“Why? Didn’t you miss me, Oppa?” Jihyo laid her head against the Commander’s strong chest, her arm splayed around his waist, holding him close.

After the race in China, Jihyo’s fever came back thus making her best friend and the rest of the members worry about her condition. Despite the fatigue she felt after her drama filming, she pushed through with the filming of Running Man in China for two main

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter