Chapter Five

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was already packing their stuff when Jaesuk and the other members gathered by SBS' equipment van. Jongkook and Jihyo still have award winning grins on their faces from their success in defeating the mission team. They have been officially declared as Running Man's strongest chasers. Jaesuk and the others were already rambling about to the winners on where they wanted to eat. Having pity on them, Jongkook gave way for them to choose the eatery.

"Though I think you should ask Jihyo. She's the one who eats a lot." Jongkook teased, earning a flick on the forehead from his partner.

"Ya! Oppa!" Jihyo scolded, making everyone laugh as well.

 

 

A deokbokki restaurant just by the outskirts of Seoul was Jihyo's venue of choice. As everyone was finally seated inside the eatery, scanning on the menu, Jihyo immediately called on the waiter and pointed on the things she would like to eat. Jongkook, who was seated beside her laughed when he noticed that her finger tapped on the menu repeatedly. Jaesuk, who was seated on the other side of Jihyo, gulped and scratched his head when he felt that his wallet would be empty as soon as he left the place.

"You're going to eat that all?" Haha asked from across the table when the waiter finally left.

"Aniyo." Jihyo shook her head. "I already ordered for Jongkook Hyungnim as well." Grinning from ear to ear, Jihyo faced the man beside her and gave him a high five. 

A week has only passed and the two strongest people in Runnung Man seem to have known more of each other well. It did surprised Jongkook that Jihyo has ordered for him but at the same time, he was confident that Jihyo knew what he wanted. He remembered giving her a lecture about healthy living and healthy eating when they were at the Ramen house and Jihyo asked why he was only eating steamed chicken and some kimbap. Jihyo found this rather weird but none the less, she respected the Commander's personal choices.

Breakfast was done by the time it was 7:30 am. Jongkook and Jihyo thanked the other members who have treated them to their succulent meal and teased that next week shall be the same. As they were headed to their separate vehicles, Jongkook walked Jihyo over to her van. 

"Hey. Today was awesome and you did well." Jongkook praised the Ace and grinned. "You're feeling well now right?"

"Of course, Oppa. I guess I wasn't used to heavy work out but I'm all good now." She smiled, reassuring the man. "We should do this often, Oppa. I need to be fit for some of my up coming projects."

"Oh sure." Jongkook grinned. "Kwangsoo will be happy to have a new classmate."

"Kwangsoo? He works out?" The surprise on Jihyo's voice was obvious.

"Ne. He wanted to bring his old body back so he works out with me everyday during our free time." The Commander announced proudly.

"Hmm arasseo. I'll inform you when I am free." She smiled and stopped as soon as they reached her van.

"Cool. Just don't forget to get tons of rest, ne? I don't want you getting sick again." Jongkook scolded and being a gentleman, he opened her door. "Have a safe trip home, Jihyo." Jongkook waved.

"You too, Oppa and thanks again." Jihyo smiled.

As the door of the vehicle closed, Jihyo instructed her driver to take her home.

 

 

 

"Ahhhhh! Hyuuuung!" Kwangsoo growled when Jongkook added another 5kilos on the lot machine.

"Come on, Kwangsoo. I thought you wanted to bring back your old shape?"

Releasing the bars, Kwangsoo sat exhausted on the machine. "I do, Hyung. But you're killing me this way." Kwangsoo complained as the elder handed him his water bottle.

"Killing? You were only doing 15kilos for almost 30 minutes now. 20 won't kill you." Jongkook laughed and patted his dongsaeng's shoulder. "Kaja. Let's do it again and stop complaining or I'll throw the barbells at you."

Shivering from Jongkook's joke, Kwangsoo sat up straight once more on the machine and grunted exaggeratedly as he started flexing his shoulders.

Kwangsoo and Jongkook have grown a friendship during Running Man. In fact, aside from Haha, Kwangsoo is next to being close with the Commander. Although they don't show it in the show but these two have big respects for each other. As Jongkook counted and continued adding weights for Kwangsoo to lift, the older man spotted Jihyo by the entrance of the gym, wearing some sweats for her gym time.

"Oh! Jihyo is here." Jongkook said happily as he left Kwangsoo's side to go to the female runner.

Standing from the equipment, Kwangsoo looked curiously at his hyung who was assisting Jihyo towards their occupied bench. He wondered why Jongkook hasn't mentioned that Jihyo would be joining them in the gym. Will noona join for a drink too? Kwangsoo thought then approached his noona who was now looking at him.. well more like laughing.

"Oh Noona." Kwangsoo bowed and gave Jihyo a hug.

"Kwangsoo-ya." Jihyo hugged back. "I didn't know you worked out."

Kwangsoo chuckled proudly with what his noona had to said and explained to her the reason for his gym needs. Kwangsoo and Jongkook guided Jihyo along the equipment, seeing what was fit for Jihyo's body was Jongkook's job and helping her manipulate the equipment was Kwangsoo's job. It wasn't long til Jongkook's gym hoobaes, Minho and Siwon joined them in the work out session. Both young ones chatted with Jihyo, who was star strucked to see the hallyu stars.

It was already 6pm when they ended. Kwangsoo was always excited when gym ended because it meant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter