Chapter Seven

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week has passed since Christmas and the Running Man members have been given a 2 week vacation before going back to filming. It was 10am when Jongkook finished dressing up and headed out of his apartment. It was the third day of his vacation and he planned on doing some Christmas shopping since he forgot to buy presents before the season arrived.

The drive to the mall was a drag. Still there were so many cars out on the road that traffic wasn't light as he wanted it to be but thankful enough, he reached the mall just in time. Parking his car, Jongkook quickly wore his aviator glasses and got out of his vehicle. He was shopping in public and unwanted attention was the least he wanted for this deed. He even wore a cap to hide his hair and a jacket to cover up his muscles. He knows that people will immediately recognize him with his built and he wasn't risking it.

As he strolled inside the mall, he double checked the list in his head of the people who will be receiving presents from him. His family of course was on top of the list and his best friends, Taehyun and Janghyuk harassed him the day after Christmas when they received no presents from the singer so definitely, those two are 2nd on the list. Jongkook looked around and thought of where he should start first. Seeing an outlet for male clothing, he stalked inside and immediately scanned the racks to look for present worthy garments for his male friends. Jongkook finally chose on shirts for his Running Man hyungs, Jaesuk and Sukjin. He thought that those two old timers needed to set straight their fashion statement.

Entering another shop, Jongkook chuckled in amusement when he found an Iron Man cap. Ne Dongsaeng. Without taking any time to think, he immediately took the cap and paid for it. He knew Haha was a big fan of Iron Man and the present was just perfect for him. On the corner of the shop, the singer spotted some sweaters that reminded him of his dongsaengs, Joongki and Kwangsoo. For Gary, the Commander had purchased a black backpack that Gary had been itching to have. Gary has been a very kind dongsaeng to the Commander and he though he should repay his kindness this Christmas.

By 12:30, Gapjin, Jongkook's Manager was now with the singer, carrying some of the shopping bags that his talent had already got. Jongkook's hyung asked if they were to eat at the mall but the talent refused for he knew that this would attract attention he didn't need. As Jongkook nearly finished his shopping, he stopped by a store that sold military goods. Piquing his interest, he entered in a heart beat and grinned at the things he saw. Assortment of knives that hung on the wall, some guns as well from a pistol to a shot gun of different kinds. Some military outfits were there too and suddenly he imagined himself back in the military. It was a lonely time but he enjoyed every bit of it.

He walked around the shop, looking at the things that hanged from the racks. Shirts, pants, shoes even but a silver spark caught his attention, making him turn to the ornament that laid lifelessly inside the glass container. It was a dogtag and immediately, he thought of his best friend, Jihyo. Unconsciously, he wrapped his hand around the military tag around his neck and smiled. Looking up, he spotted the clerk who gave him a welcoming smile and started to entertain him.

"Good Day, Sir. My name is Lee Sonjae. How may I help you?"

"Ahh ne. I was wondering how much does that cost?" Jongkook pointed on the chained silver plate, seeing his reflection on it.

"The dog tag costs ₩17,000, Sir." Taking the necklace from the glass container, he gave it carefully to Jongkook and the singer examined the fine piece of metal. Do they engrave for free? "Oh and you can engrave it for free, Sir." Sonjae added, answering Jongkook's unspoken question.

Nodding at the clerk, Jongkook had paid for the dogtag and smiled as he received the paper to write what he wanted written on the piece of metal. Looking at his necklace again, he copied what was written on the dogtag and slid the piece of paper back to the staff. He smiled as he watched fascinatingly on how the letters were imprinted on the steel plate. This will be our friendship necklace. The singer grinned widely before taking the accessory from the staff, buying a small box to keep it in and leaving the store in a jiff.

 

 

 

The snow hasn't melted yet and everyone was excited to head over to the ski resort. Before leaving for the filming venue, Jongkook had gathered his cast mates and distributed them their holiday presents. His kids, Lizzy, Gary and Donghoon gave their Commander a group hug, thanking him for the presents they have received. Haha was happy with his cap, Gary with his bag and Lizzy with a summer dress. He knew the gift was out of place for the season but the dress just looke perfect for his little sister.

The elders, Jaesuk and Sukjin were happy as well with the shirts they got. Jongkook's dongsaengs, Joongki and Kwangso, hugged the Commander as well as they opened their presents to see the sweaters he bought along with Gary and Haha's presents. Everyone was thanking Jongkook but one person. Jihyo was standing in the background, smiling at her cast mates who were happy to receive their gifts. Wanting to escape the merriment, Jongkook suddenly nudged her side, surprising her from her reverie.

"Jihyo-ya. You look down in the dumps. What's wrong?" Jongkook asked.

"Ani. It's nothing, Oppa. I'm just happy to see them happy."

"Ahhh.." Jongkook said as he looked at the people who were busy comparing presents. "And you're not wondering why you have none?"

Jihyo's eyes widened in surprise with her best friend's statement. Of course she wasn't expecting anything from the man but she felt a pang of hurt when it was only her who didn't receive a present. Jihyo shook her head, keeping her pride and smiled a fake smile towards the Santa Claus of the hour. But Jongkook wasn't dumb. He knew exactly what the woman was feeling. Chuckling and shaking his head, Jongkook then took out a small box from his pocket and placed it in Jihyo's hand.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter