Chapter Sixteen

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With her schedules tight, Jihyo has been quite busy lately that time spent with the Commander was either limited or restricted. It saddened the man that finally when they were comfortable to do what couples usually do, the connection had to be disrupted. To pass the time, he'd spend more our at the gym when he's free. Instead of 2 hours a day, he'd do 5 or 6 and this worried Gapjin further.

A week before filming Running Man, Jongkook woke up before the sun could even rise and quickly took a shower before dressing up in his training clothes. Walking out of his room, he grabbed his phone and decided on giving the Ace a call. As he started fiddling on his mobile, he headed for the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar for his breakfast.

 

"Oppa?" Jihyo answered, exhaustion evident in his voice.

"Seongim.. Did I disturb you?" Jongkook sounded excited yet worried at the same time.

"Aniyo. We're just having a break."

"Where are you filming now?"

"We're here now at Incheon at the moment."

"Can I visit?"

"Is it safe?"

"Then I'll visit you at your home. What time do you finish?"

"About 6. You'll really visit me, Oppa?" Jihyo now sounds excited.

"Of course. I miss my best friend." Jongkook chuckled. "So see you later?"

"Ne. See you later, Oppa." Jihyo smiled against the receiver before cutting the line.

 

Finally having the strength for the day with just one phone call, Jongkook finished off his energy bar and grabbed his car keys before heading out of his apartment. Now that he and Jihyo are sort of together and that actions between them aren't awkward any longer, Jongkook always takes the chance he could see the actress aside from filming or visit her at her apartment. The Commander would want to see the woman he loves even if it was just a while. As he jogged down the street of his village, the singer then formulated his own itinerary for the day.

 

 

It was already past 8 when Jongkook arrived outside Jihyo's apartment. The singer even took the liberty of buying her a cup of her favorite Americano Coffee and a box of donuts for her breakfast. Making his to the apartment, the local watch guard greeted the actor and waved a hand, Jongkook gesturing back at the security to acknowledge his presence. Since the man visited on a regular basis, the security team knew the secret of Jongkook and Jihyo seeing each other. But with little bills, they promised to keep their mouth shut of what they witnessed.

Upon arrival on her compartment, Jongkook heard a woman shouting inside the room. The voice seemed familiar to his ears, giving him the coclusion that Jihyo's manager is in her apartment. He knew it was rude to eaves drop but the singer couldn't resist sticking his ear against the door to listen closely.

 

"What? No way! She deserves at least 3 days rest!"

"Are you people insane?!"

"Either you give that to her or you find yourself another actress!"

"She has different projects you know? Not only you guys!"

 

Jongkook could feel that Jihyo was the person the woman was talking about. He couldn't help but worry for his best friend. Wanting to see her immediately, the singer knocked on the actress' door only to find an angry manager opening the door for and standing right in front of him. The singer stood frozen by the threshold, gazing at the piercing stare of the short woman before him. Not wanting to upset the already mad woman, Jongkook lifted up the box of donuts and gave her a sincere smile. And it worked. The angry woman gave out a small smile upon seeing the sweets. But she knew what the Commander wanted and quickly let the singer in.

"She's in her room. You can go just keep quiet. You can leave the stuff in the counter." She said briskly before turning back to her mobile.

Doing what she instructed, Jongkook placed the sweets and the coffee on the kitchen counter before heading down the hall to his best friend's room. Jongkook felt a bit nervous because it's his first time seeing Jihyo sleeping in the confines of her bedroom. As he arrived byt the door at the end of the hall, he knocked on the wooden barrier and waited for someone to give him the signal to come in. But to his surprise, no one answered.

"Just go in. She's probably asleep." The manager said in a hushed tone of voice before making some calls once again.

Jongkook felt like he would be intruding if he just went in the room of the Ace. But he missed her so badly and is eager to hold her that he just goes in anyway. In the room, he finds a sleeping Jihyo, lying down on her stomach. A soft gargled moan escaped her lips and Jongkook quickly heads for her side. Sitting on her bed, Jongkook ran his hand down her hair, caressing it gently. He then leans down and plants a soft kiss on her crown, but as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter