Chapter 8

Torn Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days had passed since the incident, and even though I felt guilty toward Eunhye, here I was, sitting on my bed- not doing anything about it. Ever since that explosion the other day, I did my best to avoid all three of them as much as I could. 

"It's all my fault. It's always my fault." I mumbled to myself as I got up from my bed," I really need to learn to control my emotions." I quickly got dressed and walked to the dining table. 

"Well you're up early today!" My mother said in contrast to my sulky mood. "Hi mum." I said with an annoyed tone as I put my valuables on the table along with my bag. Once I sat down in my seat, I started to stuff my breakfast into my mouth as fast as I could because I knew that if I did not leave soon, I would meet Luhan or at least one of them on my way to school. 

I hastily bid my mother goodbye, took my things and left. As I walked to school, different scenarios of awkward situations started to play in my head. What if I accidentally bumped into Luhan in school? Or worse, Chanyeol. How was I going to react? Seriously, after those past few days of avoiding them, things had only become worser than it already was. 

I stuffed my hands into my pockets and looked at the ground, thinking of how to solve the problem, only to realise that something was missing from them. I felt around both of my pockets, searching for my most prized possesion- my wallet. My eyes widened and I spun around, only to see my house yards away.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh," I said as I looked back and forth between school and my house,"I- but- Oh my gosh, what do I do?" Before I could find the answer to my dilemma, I could hear the sound of my ringtone ringing loudly in my school bag, which was probably my mother calling to tell me that I had forgotten about my wallet. I would be late if I turned back and went home to get it, but I would have to starve during recess if I didn't. I heaved an exasperated sigh and chose the latter instead. 'Whatever. I'll just borrow money from someone.' I thought to myself as I took off my bag, ready to tell my mother about my plan. 

I walked on, searching for my phone as if it were some time bomb, when I suddenly tripped over a crack in the pavement. I fell on my knees and dropped my bag in the process, causing all the contents inside to spill out. "Could this day get any worse?"  I questioned myself as I started to collect my things from the pavement.

All of a sudden, a pair of hands appeared and started to help me pick up my things. I looked up immediately, stunned by the sudden act of kindness. "Thanks." I mumbled and continued to stuff my things into my bag once I realised who it was. I grabbed my bag and stood up, brushing my knees in the process.

"Your welcome." Chanyeol murmured to himself as he stood up. The rest of the journey to school was filled with an empty silence, until Chanyeol decided to break it. "So..." He started off, rather awkwardly,"Yea... How's life?"

"It's been...fine." I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter