Chapter 9

Torn Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please play when you have reached the science lab scene ;)

"So...How have you been?" Luhan started off with a bit of hesitation,"It's been awhile since I've had a full conversation with you...and then suddenly you just blow up in Eunhye's face? Is everything okay at home?"

'What a way to start of a conversation right?' I thought to myself sarcastically, but instead I replied,"I...I was just having a rough day is all." I looked at the ground and started to think of possible reasons as to why Luhan had been singing in the music room, when he had never sang before.

Was it for a competition? Was it to destress? Or was he admitting his love for someone through the song? All of these questions actually seemed quite ridiculous, except for the last one. That one really got me thinking of different people he could possibly have the chance of confessing to. I know it was probably never gonna happen and that it was a far cry, but if he was really singing the song for a special someone, I actually hoped that that person would be me.

"Um...Haein. I can trust you right?" Luhan said, a little unsure. I replied with a nod as he continued,"I just wanted to ask for your advice. I mean, we've been friends- best friends- for years and I know you know me well, so I just want your honest opinion." I frowned,' What was he trying to ask me for?' but I looked up at him as he started off slowly, taking a deep breath.

"You see...There's this girl that I've had a thing for for as long as I can remember," He said," And I've been thinking about telling her, it's just that..."

"It's just that what?" I said impatiently, desperate to hear what he had to say next. 'Could that girl be me?' I wondered as a smile broke out across my face. I wanted to know and needed to know- as soon as possible.

"It's just that I'm afraid of rejection. After so many years of friendship, I don't want one silly mistake to change everything." Luhan said sincerely. "Why would I rej-" I stopped myself halfway once I realised what I was about to say. "I-I mean why would anyone want to reject you? You're so aw-awesome."

Luhan gave me a shy smile as we reached the gate to my house. "I'd say just go for it." I grinned at him as I waved goodbye and entered my gate.

After that walk home, I couldn't stop thinking about what he had said for the entire night. I fell on my bed, a smile evident on my face, as I pictured Luhan playing the piano and singing the song to me. "Gosh, I really hope that girl is me." I mumbled to myself as I shut my eyes and went to sleep.

The next day, I didn't pay attention in any of my classes and instead started to fantasize about Luhan. Science came rolling around the corner, and just my luck, Chanyeol and I both didn't have partners. It was really awkward but I don't think I could've cared any less about the situation that day because all I could think about was Luhan.

"Haein...Haein..." Chanyeol repeated as he tried to get my attention. "Hmmm...huh-wha-" I said, startled by his voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter