Chapter 12

Torn Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silence enveloped us as time passed by. I sat, eyes glued to the ground, refusing to meet Chanyeol's gaze. 'I shouldn't have done that, I really shouldn't have.' I thought regretfully as my eyes slowly drifted to Chanyeol's shadow. It was still...He wasn't moving at all. I didn't want to face him and let Chanyeol see my red face, I mean what if he got the wrong idea? I didn't want him to start assuming that I liked him when I wasn't even sure of my own feelings anymore.

"Oh um I gotta get going now. See you tomorrow!" I rushed as I quickly stood up from the swing and hastily walked away, fearing that he would interfere with my little escape plan. 'What am I doing with my life?' I questioned myself as I walked home. If I couldn't even confront a small problem like this for a friendship, how was I supposed to deal with bigger complications in the future?

"I really hope he doesn't take this the wrong way." Honestly, if he were to confront me about the kiss, I'd probably run away from that too. Why was I such a coward? Why didn't I go up to Luhan and tell him I that I had liked him and wanted to be more than friends earlier? All of these problems were due to my own insecurities- the one thing that has prevented me from achieving so many things in life.

-

The following day as I strolled pass the gates of school, Eunhye ran up to me and gripped my shoulders,"You kissed Chanyeol?!" I stared at her as different scenarios of her finding out flashed in my head.

"Wha-what makes you think that?" I shot back at her nervously. "Luhan and I saw it for ourselves," She stated,"We saw you walking in the other direction and figured that you were probably lying, so we followed you!" I gawked at Eunhye, shocked that she would do such a thing. "Lu-Luhan saw it? What did he say?" She smiled at me, grabbed my arm and pulled me to Luhan, who was busy taking his books out of his locker.

"Ask him yourself." She said cheekily and stood next to him. "So you saw it?" I looked at him waiting for a reaction, but he just laughed at me and shut his locker door.

"I never knew my little bestie had a crush on Chanyeol," He said as he ruffled my hair,"Hey, look on the bright side, atleast now we can go on double dates!" My eyes widened as I stared at the floor. Why was he so oblivious to my feelings for him? Couldn't he see that it was him I wanted and not Chanyeol? 

But I couldn't bring myself to believe that, because I was beginning to see Chanyeol in a different light. "Well, sorry to burst your bubble guys but I don't like him like that." I was lying through my teeth because that wasn't how I felt yet I still did it. All I wanted was to clear all of these 'misunderstandings' and continue living life like I used to, but it was never that easy.

Both of them looked at me unsurely and shook their heads in disapproval. "Sure. That's what you say now," Eunhye declared as Luhan continued,"But it didn't seem like that to us yesterday." I swallowed my saliver and glanced between them. How was I going to answer that? I'm quite sure it seemed that way because I got caught up in the moment but shouldn't they have seen me pull away after?

"Well, see you at lunch Haein!" They waved goodbye as the bell rang and everyone headed off to their classrooms.

Classes passed by faster than expected lately and with all the drama that was happening in my life, my studies had become affected. "Haein I would like you stay back after class later." Miss Jung said as she handed me back my latest test paper which had a huge 'F' at the top of it.

"This isn't like you to get a 'F' Haein," Miss Jung told me after class,"Is everything alright?" It was touching to see somebody care about my well being but I wasn't prepared to tell her about my personal life so I nodded and smiled at her. "If you don't understand anything, just ask me for help." She reassured as I walked out of the classroom to get lunch.

 "Where were you?"Eunhye exclaimed when she saw me. I looked at her and smiled, but it wasn't a genuine one. Ever since Luhan and her became an item, I couldn't look at her the same way without remembering what happened that day in the music room. "I had to talk to a teacher." I stated simply as we made our way to the cafeteria.

"Okay...but guess what?" Her face changed in an instant from bored to excited,"I saw Chanyeol just now and he looked unusually happy." I raised my eyebrows and opened the doors to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter