Chapter 11

Torn Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked down at the ground, traumatised by what had just happened, then at Chanyeol, who was slowly disappearing into the distance. I closed my eyes in frustration and heaved a sigh filled with anxiety. "W-why...Why!" I shouted as I kicked the wall,"Why me..." Suddenly, the bell rang, signalling that lunch was over so everyone started filing out of different places and hurried to their lockers, and in the process of doing so banged into me- several times. I glared at each and every one of them as I walked back into class, wishing I could just go home.

The following day, I walked into class only to see Luhan sitting on Eunhye's desk. I looked away, fearing that another break down would come soon, and walked to my desk. "Haein!" Luhan called out to me. 'Great. Just great.' I thought to myself, as my smile turned from sarcastic to happy as I spun around to face them. 

"You wanna come for lunch with us today?" He asked with a small glint in his eyes. I hesitated and thought of the possible things the impulsive me would have had the chance of doing. 'What if I start crying? What if I actually slap Eunhye's face? What if I accidentally confess in front of them?' I tried to rationalise with myself,'But I couldn't just say no. He's my best friend after all.' 

I grinned at them, nodded my head and quickly turned around once I noticed their interlocked fingers behind Eunhye's desk. The burning sensation in my chest wouldn't go away and only grew worse with every period that we had together. 

Once lunch time came, they walked up to my table and waited for me to pack my things and before I knew it, they were lost in their conversation, leaving me out. I looked at them, expecting them to realise that I was already done- but apparently they did not. So I decided to walk off because, firstly I never wanted to go to lunch with them; It was only because Luhan was my best friend, that's why. Secondly, they didn't even seem to care about my existence. 

I bought my food and sat at a table in a corner all alone and started to eat. I looked at all the passing faces, staring at me as if I had just committed a crime, and continued eating awkwardly. All of a sudden, someone rushed to my table and slammed their food down on it. I looked up and saw Luhan and Eunhye looking right back at me, expecting me to say something by the expression on both of their faces. 

"Where were you?"Eunhye started off,"We were waiting for you." But before I could reply, I saw Chanyeol enter the cafeteria with his group of friends. I wanted to go up to him and apologise so badly, but the problem was if he even wanted to see me. "I wish everything could just go back to normal." I mumbled. 

"What was that, Haein?" Luhan asked curiously, but I just shook my head in reply and continued to look at Chanyeol walking across the cafeteria to his table. He looked cheerful, but something was telling me different. The way he paused to listen to a friend talk, the way he ate his food- everything just screamed gloomy.

"Something wrong?" Eunhye questioned. "W-wha...n-nothing." I stuttered looking back and fort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter