Chapter 2

What The Heart and Mind Can't Forget

Donghae woke up early, as he puts his shirt on he look around and he noticed Hyukjae is not around.

“Oh Donghae, good morning .” SUngmin greeted him happily.

“M-morning.” Donghae answered back.

“Looking for Hyukjae?” Sungmin asked him.

“Y-yeah why isn’t he here?”

“Oh he went to get some woods, in the forest alone.”

“What?”

“Well, he usually have me as his companion but he said he doesn’t want anyone to be with him, and Kyuhyun is here so I can’t leave him.”

“I am just worried something might happen to him.”

“Oh don’t worry, Hyuk live here all his life so he knew the place even if he left before he still knew the shortcut around.” Reassured Sungmin.

 

Donghae, seems to worried even if he was given an assurance, he decided to go where Hyukjae is as he was walking he spotted him busy getting some woods.

“Hey.” Donghae greeted him.

“What are you doing here?”

“Uhm, SUngmin-hyung said you are out here hey can you at least thank that I am worried about you.” Donghae said seeing that Hyukjae still hasn’t change.

“Is it because you bought me that blue paint don’t think as if I owe you something!” Hyukjae said as he tried to walk away. Donghae stopped him.

“What the hell is your problem? Ever since I arrived here you gave me a cold shoulder, I did not remember doing anything to you, and as far as I am concern I don’t think you’re one of my lovers that I have left because you don’t look like one.”

Hyukjae glared at him, “you want to know why I hate you because you are a liar, you are deceiving us, Donghae what kind of name is that? who are you really?” Donghae was dumbfounded no idea how to answer Hyukjae’s question.

“See? Now leave me alone because I don’t want to get close to a liar.” Hyukjae walked away.

Donghae became upset because Hyukjae judged him just like that as if he knew him that much as he just decided to go back to the house he heard some screams.

He rushed to look for Hyukjae, as he found him he saw Hyukjae laying on the ground trembling, Donghae see it, a snake was in front of the other boy, good thing he had his little kife with him and thrown it to the creature.

Hyukjae is still shaking and as he turned around he saw Donghae, as fall into his arms crying.

“Hush, it’s gone now, calm down.”

“You just save me t-thank you…” that’s all Hyukjae could say as the taller man comforts him.

 

Back at home, Donghae decide to approach Heechul, Hyukjae tried to stopped him because he knew he wants to tell something about his identity.

“Donghae-ssi, that’s enough, it’s ok if you don’t want to tell it I will no longer ask you those things.” Hyukjae said but Heechul got out of his room already.

“Oh Donghae, is there any problem?”

“I have something to tell you sir.”

All of them are on the living room, Donghae breath in as he start to tell his story.

“My name is not really Donghae.”

“Then what is it?” Hyukjae asked him.

“I… actually don’t know, you see 6 months ago, I woke up with some people tending my wounds I don’t know where I got it, but usually I always dream of a plane crash something like that, then when I got better they let me go and inform me about this town, then I saw you Heechul-hyung, remember when I helped you out against those bullies? You asked for my name I don’t know what to answer, but then I looked at one of the books you’re holding that time then something comes into my mind East Sea… Donghae that’s where I got that name… I am sorry for lying I did not mean to if you want I’ll pack my things and just go away from here.”

As Donghae stands up, Heechul suddenly stopped him.

“Donghae or whoever you are, I accepted you because you are a good man, I owe you my life so you are not going anywhere besides who will help me tending sea animals if you’re not around.”

Donghae’s eyes got wide, surprised to Heechul’s statement, he looked at Sungmin and Kyuhyun  who nods at him. Then when he look at Hyukjae, the other stand up and embraced him.

“How can I now hate the man that saved my life, we’ll help you recollect your memories if we need to just don’t leave us your family.”

“Huh?”

“You’re part of this family now.” Hyukjae smiled at him.

 

After that incident, Hyukjae and Donghae became best of friends, unlike before Hyukjae is one of the people who wait for Heechul and Donghae whenever they have work, he even personally gave his food when they go to work. Hyukjae can be now seen smiling which gave Sungmin to teased about.

“Aigoo, is my brother in love.”

“Stop that hyung I am not.” Denied Hyukjae.

“Come on don’t lie.”

Hyukjae, just focus on his painting which is the seaside, with Donghae in his mind but of course he won’t say it to anyone.

One time it was already evening, Hyukjae walk on the shore alone until he noticed someone is following him.

“Hyung if it’s you stop bugging me.”

“Oh sorry about that.”

“D-Donghae-ssi, you can’t sleep as well?”

“A little..”

“Uhm I hope that you won’t think I am already comfortable being close to you but… are you afraid of love?”

“Huh?”

“I mean, how you interact with me as if I am going to hurt you.”

“Well since we’re friends sure I’ll tell you my story… I was engaged 3 years ago, I just finished my college in France that time, I could he is the perfect guy, he’s a pilot we fell in love even when I was in school then we promised to get married after I graduate but unfortunately he died in a car accident, I decided to go to his funeral and…” Hyukjae suddenly break down into tears. “I learned he is already married I was so shocked how can the guy I trust love betrayed me.”

Donghae hugged him, the other man feels comfort when Donghae did it to him.

“I promise I won’t hurt you and I hope you would learn to trust me.” Donghae said as he cupped the Hyukjae’s face.

“Oh, when we are in the market place I found this bracelets one for you and me. Sign of our friendship.” Donghae said as e wear one for himself and one for Hyukjae.

If only Donghae know, Hyukjae developed his feelings for him he hope that one day they would be just more than friends even if Donghae’s case is complicated with having no memories about hisself.

 

(Somewhere in Seoul)

Almost a week, when Hyukjae decided to go to Seoul and visit his best friend Junsu, to give him his artworks.

“Wow! As always these are all amazing Hyukjae you are really a god when it comes to these.”

“Stop praising my works those are just simple scenery. Well, my uncle bought me a phone so here’s my number so if you need me here in Seoul just give me a call okay?”

As they were having a nice chat, suddenly someone arrived.

“Jessica, you’re an hour late.”

“Sorry about that, so you must be the famous Eunhyuk. I am Jessica Jung.” Jessica gives her free hand and Hyukjae shakes it.

“You can just call me Hyukjae or perhaps Hyuk.”

“Well I heard you live really far from the city, well who I fell in love with you artworks I so love all of them.” Jessica remarked.

“I can’t believe you are amzed with simple sceneries.

“Well you see Jess here, has eye for good eyepiece and this is rare for her to praise someone.”

“Uhm by the way I heard about your fiancé, I am so sorry Junsu told me that it was my paintings that made you cheerful again.” Hyukjae said.

“Yeah, you know I realize in life I need to move on.” Jessica smiled.

Starting that day Hyukjae and Jessica even became friends, Jesica gave him her phone number and address so that if Hyukjae is free he can visit her the same for Hyukjae he left his phone number and the place he lived now, but Jessica said she prefer for him to just go to Seoul since she is not used in Urban place which Hyukjae understand.

 

(Back in Dr. Kim’s place)

 

“Hyuk!” SUngmin exclaimed seeing his brother back from the city.

He gave everyone gifts where they all thanked him, he even showed him Junsu and Jessica’s pictures . Donghae smiled seeing him back as well and hugged him.

“You said you’re friend is pretty?” Donghae asked him.

“Yeah, take a look.” Hyukjae said as he showed Jessica’s picture to Donghae.

“Well she is pretty but for me you’re way prettier.” Donghae commented and give Hyukjae a sweet smiled, as for Hyukjae he blushed hearing those words from the other and little smile was also seen on his face.