Chapter 7

What The Heart and Mind Can't Forget

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Lee Hyukjae nice to meet you.” Hyukjae greeted Donghae’s parents.

“So you’re Lee hyukjae, wait a minute are you the guy in black who atteneded my son and Jessica’s wedding?” Donghae’s mother asked him.

“Yes, I am.”

“How old are you dear?”

“Uhm 24.”

“What a young promising painter, well will leave everything to you.”

“Yes ma’am.” Hyukjae replied.

“Oh don’t call me ma’am, just eolmoni and we will be togteher for many days  no need formalities and all.”

 

Hyukjae started with Donghae’s mother’s portrait, it took him a week to almost finish it, all of them are already amazed with his talent, Donghae or Aiden is also amazed with what Hyukjae could do.

“This is really amazing, Jessica was not really wrong about you.” Donghae’s mother commented.

“Yeah this is perfect right Aiden?” Jessica asked his husband who just nodded at him.

After his work he returned home.

“Oh Siwon, you’re still here.” Hyukjae greeted him.

“Yeah Haeeun and I have some good time.” He said.

“I am glad he did not give you a hard time.” Hyukjae answered back taking his daughter into his arms.

“Oh she has been a good girl right Haeeun?” Siwon said as the baby just  smiled.

“Hyukjae, dinner is ready at anytime.” It was Sungmin who prepared the dinner along with Kyuhyun.

“Do you want to stay for dinner Siwon?”

“I would love to.” Siwon replied with a smile.

Siwon went back to his aprtment and thank Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Hyukjae for the dinner.

“That Siwon guy he seems nice.” Sungmin commented.

“I know what you’re trying to do hyung but sorry I don’t have anyinterest with him.” Replied Hyukjae.

“Look Hyukjae…”

“I know, I promise to move on and forget him, but I would be lying if I would say I no longer love Donghae, I better go to sleep goodnight.” Hyukjae said as he went upstairs to rest.

“Kyu what am I gonna do?”

“Just let hyung do what he wants.” His husband replied

Sungmin could do is to nod and both of them went to their room.

 

It was already 11am when Hyukjae woke up, he gasped seeing he is late and needs to be at Donghae’s home, as he rushed downstairs he was surprised to see a visitor.

“Hyukjae he’s here, he said he will pick you up because he was worried why you did not got to their house.” Sungmin said as he headed to the kitchen.

“A-Aide.” Hyukjae greeted him, to his surprise he saw him playing with Haeeun.

“She is adorable isn’t she? Jessica asked me to pick you up, she thought you no longer want to to the job that’s why I’m here.” He explined.

“Oh…” Hyukjae excused hisself and went to the kitchen where Sungmin is.

“Sorry about that, I was surprised when he arrived, I was holding Haeeun in my arms, even if he can’t remember anything he looks so happy holding his own son.

“Hyung thank you.”

“Yah! I may not like the idea that you can’t get over him, but I know he’s harmless. Look at Haeeun, he was like crying minutes ago but when Aiden or Donghae arrived she calm down in seconds, you how Haeeun when she cries it’ll took a long time before she would calm.” Sungmin commented.

 

After Hyukjae prepared, he went with Donghae, while inside the car it was Donghae who had broken the silence.

“So, any news about your husband?”

“Huh?”

“I mean, are you still looking for him?”

“Well, not anymore I promise my brother to forgot it and just focus on Haeeun and my work.” Hyukjae replied s he gaze at him.

“Well, that’s good, I mean he is a good for nothing husband in my opinion, he shouldn’t leave you and that perfect angel behind.”

“You’re worng!” Hyukjae replied angrily.

“Huh?”

“Uhm sorry I did notmean to shout at you I mean, there might be a reason why he suddenly disappear.”

“If you saw him again, are you willing to accept him?” he asked Hyukjae.

“Well, if he choose to be with me then yes I will accept him.” I will still accept you Hae.

 

As they arrived at Donghae’s house, Hyukjae started to do Donghae’s portrait.

“I hope you won’t have any hard time doing mine.” Aided told him.

For Hyukjae he had already done it once even without looking at him, that’s how Hyukjae loved him that his image was stuck on his mind.

“So how old is Haeeun now?”

“Uhm she’s 8 months now.”

“I see, what does she usually eat?”

“Banana, and watermelon.” Hyukjae replied.

"What date was she born again?" Donghae asked him.

"July... July 22."

“Sorry I suddenly asked things about her you see, I was just imagining once Jessica and I have a baby as well, you don’t know how much I jumped with joy when I heard she is pregnant.”

“Well I am happy for both of you.” Hyukjae smiled, started to assemble her things.

“Wait July 22, that's the date i met a vehicle accident in Mokpo what a coincidence, So… eversince Donghae left you you really enever dated anyone?” he asked Hyukjae who was a little awkward to answer the question.

“Well… I was busy with Haeeun and, even he is gone we’re still married I don’t think I can cheat on him.”

“Man that guy is so lucky to have you, you know what maybe if I have met you and not Jessica perhaps I might fall for you as well.”

“Huh?”

“Hey don’t think it the wrong way, it’s just that you’re my idea of a perfect wife, hardworking, a loving mother well, Jessica is now starting to learn things I hope you would teach her to be like you.”

Hyukjae was shocked to hear those words from Donghae, he wants to tell him Haeeun is his daughter, he is his wife but he can’t ruined Donghae and Jessica’s life just for a selfish reason.

“Uhm Hyukjae please excuse me I have to take this phone call.” Donghae checked the name of the caller and answer it.

“Hello, Umma wait calm down is there something wrong?” he asked her worriedly, while Hyukjae is also worried with the change of his voice.

“What! Uhm ok I’ll be there thank you.”

“Hyukjae.”

“Yes?”

“Can you go with me at the hospital?”

“Why something happened?”

“Jessica, she got into an accident and…” Donghae can’t continue what he was trying to tell him

Hyukjae gasped and took his bag and went outside with Donghae.  He offered to drive the car seeing Donghae still in a shock state, even if Hyukjae felt hurt of the fact that Jessica has the man he loved, he can’t deny the fact he is her best friend and he wants to be there to comfort her.