Chapter 8

What The Heart and Mind Can't Forget

When Hyukjae and Donghae arrived, he can saw the elder woman crying.

“Umma what happened here?” Donghae asked worriedly.

“I don’t know everything is so fast, we were in the shopping mall because Jessica is anxious to buy more baby stuff, I told her to be care but when were stepping into the escalator she… fell and she lost the baby. The doctor said she can’t bear a child anymore”

Donghae collapsed on the floor his dreams were shattered, Hyukjae comforted him but he shifts his attention to Donghae’s mother.

“Eolmoni, calm down, there’s no one to blame where is he right now?” Hyukjae asked looking worried for his best friend.”

“I am sorry seeing me weak like this, Aiden let’s stay here, and Hyukjae Jessica is looking for you.”

“Umma I want to see my wife as well.” Donghae butted in.

“I am sorry but Jessica said she does not want to see you right now. Hyukjae dear just go inside and comfort her.” Hyukjae took a glance of Donghae before going inside her room.

“Jessica.” Hyukjae called her, she looked and tried to smile when she saw Hyukjae.

“Hyuk.” She said as tears comes running down her face.

“I lost our baby Hyuk, I lost it and I can never have one again, I lost!” Jessica said while crying to his bestfriend’s arms.

“Hush everything’s going to be okay.” He said as he pats her back.

 

After a week, Jessica was finally released in the hospital, as for Donghae, his portrait was delayed because he always look so wasted whenever Hyukjae arrived.

“You drink again?” Hyukjaed asked him with a worry tone.

“Oh this, I just have some fun with my friends.”

“How’s Jessica?”

“She’s still the same we never talk even we sleep in the same bed I don’t know what to do anymore.” Donghae puts his hands on his face, he can see the depression in his eyes, as much as Hyukjae wants to comfort him he can’t so he can just feel empaheteic towards him.

 

Due to some delay, Hyukjae have more free time and wanting to cheer up Jessica as well, he invited him to eat and have some fun in the art gallery.

“I so miss this.” Jessica declared.

“Same here.” Hyukjae replied.

“I am glad I agree to go out with you.”

“I suddenly miss Junsu.” Hyukjae sighed.

“Yeah our dear Junsu, seems like he and the Yoochun guy are always on vacation, what if after you’re done with the portraits, let go out of the country, Malaysi, Thailand or Japan perhaps.” Jessica suggested.

“Not a bad idea.” Hyukjae smiled.

As they we’re chatting happily and finished their meal they both stand up but Hyukjae noticed Jessica stopped on her tracks.

“Jess is something worng?” he asked suddenly he saw Jessica staring at someone, to his surprised he saw Donghae who seems to be waiting for someone

“Oh Aiden is here maybe he comes to pick you up.” Hyukjae said but as he tried to approached them Jessica stopped him.

“He doesn’t know we’re going out.” Jessica said, suddenly they saw a woman approached him and kissed him on his cheeks.

“Oh he is out with a client.”

“No, that’s her girlfriend in highschool, Yoona we better go Hyuk.” Hyukjae followed Jessica and leave an oblivious Donghae behind.

 

(At Jessica and AIden’s home)

 

Jessica is already at the bed when Donghae finally arrived, as he removed his working clothes, change into his pajamas and rest beside her she just gave him a cold shoulder. Donghae finally losing his temper at his wife’s attitude got upset.

“We’ve been like this for almost a week now! Can we talk now Jessica?”

Jessica just kept quiet.

“Please stop acting like a little girl…” Still there was nor response from her.

“Fine!” Donghae got up of the bed.  “What seems to be the problem?”

“Ask yourself!” Jessica finally replied.

“Look at me when I am talking to you!”

Jessica truend and faced him.

“When you went to the hospital, I decided to lengthen my patience with you, I’ve given all my understanding to you but now I can no longer tolerate it. Let stop this now! What have I done wrong?”

“You having another woman!” Jessica exclaimed.

“What?” he asked confusedly.

“Don’t deny it! I myself caught you Aiden! This is not mere hearsay, I was the one who saw you, I was even with the company of Hyukjae. I’m not making stories, you and your ex-girlfriend your first love, I caught you and Yoona together!”

Donghae faked a laugh hearing Jessica’s reason.

“So that’s all you reasons for having a tantrum for almost a week now?”

“What else!” Jessica replied angrily

“Do you know that our meeting was just an accident? And she is married already, they have a business and it happened they have a meeting there, it something I mean… well why do I have to explain this to you won’t believe me anyways, and there is nothing to explain and tell why do I have to take another woman? Why do I have to replace you!” Donghae asked her.

“If you’re cheating on me, I’ll kill myself! I’m serious I’ll kill myself!” Jessica warned him.

“Then we’ll do it together!” He replied angrily walking out of the room.

 

After two days of the argument, Hyukjae resumed doing the portrait it may not be done yet but, Donghae or Aiden’s mother is again amused.

 

“Excellent, now Aiden dear you are now immortalized in a magnificent work of art.” The elder woman said

“It is not yet done Umma.” Donghae explained.

“Really?” Hyukjae smiled and nodded while Jessica went beside her husband.

“That’s the reason you can’t leave your seat Aiden, until Hyuk finished your portrait.” She said as she smiled and Donghae frowned at her.

“So you can’t go to Shindong’s –oppa party as well. Right Umma?” said Jessica while he fixed his husband’s crooked tie. “Hyuk already spent so much time doing your portray.”

“Jessica’s right, besides you’re not that close with Shindong anyways.”

“Let’s go umma, we’re going to be late we have a dozen of invitations to go to.” Jessica said as he looked at Hyukjae.

“Hyuk, please take charge, make sure that rover won’t left his seat.” Hyukjae nodded at Jessica’s request.

“We’ll be going now Aiden you behave okay?” The elder woman told him. “Hyukjae we have to go.” Hyukjae bow and go back again doing the portrait.

As he is his brush carefully, he can’t help but stared at Donghae’s image he is doing with full of love if only the other knows it, suddenly he was snapped out of his thoughts when he noticed someone holding his hand as he turned around.

“A-Aiden what?...” Hyukjae can’t find the right words to say, all that he could notice is Donghae’s gaze through his eyes.