Chapter 4

What The Heart and Mind Can't Forget

Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Heechul, Donghae  and Hyukjae are all gathered in the living room.

“WHAT! LEE HYUKJAE ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?” Heechul shouted at his nephew.

“But I love Hae and he loves me too, and I am serious I do want to get married to him.”

“Hyuk, are you sure about this I mean is this a little rushed?” Sungmin said with a concern tone.

“That’s not the point here, it’s not the time, Hyukjae you are aware that you are going to get married to a stranger, what if he had someone waiting for him huh?”

Hyukjae clenched his fist, Donghae can’t even talk and all he do was comfort his lover.

“If he has someone, he could have those thoughts in his head, perhaps someone might have look for him, and I am marrying him whether you like it or not.” Hyukjae said.

Donghae stand up and bowed to Heechul in respect.

“Please I do love your son even if I got my memories back I am sure he’ll be the only one I love I’ll prove to you I am worth of your nephew and Hyung I won’t hurt your brother.”

“Donghae it’s not that I don’t trust you but you don’t even know who you are what if you have a criminal background I mean.”

“THIS IS SO UNFAIR! YOU GAVE YOUR BLESSINGS TO SUNGMIN-HYUNG AND KYUHYUN, THEN FOR ME ALL YOU HAVE IS DOUBT!” Hyukjae commented.

“Hyuk, we are on a different situation, Kyuhyun and I are dating for like 2 years and my boyfriend here does not have an amnesia.” Sungmin reasoned out.

“Please, this is the first time that I begged you to give us your blessing, Uncle I do love him and why is his name important should my happiness be your first priority, you know I was hurt before and now I learn to trust and be happy again, but why are you against it?”

“Hyukkie, calm down I understand your uncle we can wait for this.” Donghae said.

Hyukjae.

“I can’t, I just can’t what if you change your mind I can’t suffer another heartbreak.” Hyukjae breakdown into tears and Donghae just comforts him.

Heechul sighed, Hyukjae was like a son to him so seeing his nephew crying because of this issue he just sighed in defeat.

“Alright, alright I give you my blessings, I guess Donghae really loves you we’ll prepare everything, Sungmin is it ok for you to have a double wedding?”

“Well it’s not a problem with me how about you Kyu?”

“Well, the more the merrier right?” replied Sungmin’s boyfriend.

 

Hyukjae’s teras faded and smiled and embraced Heechuland thanked him many times, Heechul shook Donghae’s hand and repeatedly inform him to take care of his nephew.

 

The wedding was done as plan, it was held the next month good thing Heechul was able to forge documents and he provide Hyukjae’s surname to him which was Lee.

Hyukjae and Sungmin were both in one room and both of them are feeling nervous.

“I bet our Umma and Appa are happy wherever they are.” Sungmin said.

“You know hyung I am glad even if we’re half siblings you are my life and my bestfriend.”

“Same here Hyuk.” As Hyukjae tries to cry Sungmin stopped him.

“Yah! Don’t cry or you’ll mess your make-up.” His brother wiping his tears.

“Brother and Sisters, today we are here to witness the union of Lee Sungmin and Cho Kyuhyun as well as Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae…..”

 

Hyukjae took the ring and put it on Donghae’s finger saying.

“Donghae, I now take you to be my wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy relationship of marriage. I promise to love and comfort you, honor and keep you, and forsaking all others, I will be yours alone as long as we both shall live."

 

Donghae did the same…

“Eunhyuk, I now take you to be my wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy relationship of marriage. I promise to love and comfort you, honor and keep you, and forsaking all others, I will be yours alone as long as we both shall live.”

 

Hyukjae and Donghae smiled at each other and kissed with full of love.

 

Almost all of Hyukjae’s friend arrive except Jessica and Junsu, Jessica has an important business meeting that day and Junsu went on vacation with his boyfriend Yoochun.  Sungmin and Kyuhyun went on a honeymoon but for Donghae and Hyukjae they just stayed by the sea, for Heechul he did his research alone and just leave them alone for 2 weeks to have their time together.

 

For almost three months of being married Donghae still have no recollection of his past but he always dream of a plane crashing usually he would wake up from it, Hyukjae who would see his husband having some sleepless nights is worried.

“Hae…”

“It’s ok love, just another nightmare.” Donghae smiled assuring his wife everything is okay.

 

(In Seoul)

 

“Hi Jessica, been a long time.” Hyukjae greeted her.

“Oh Hyukjae, I am so sorry I was not able to attend your wedding with that Donghae guy, but looking at your face seems like he made you really happy.”

“Yeah he did.”

“Oh I suddenly missed Aiden-oppa if only he hadn’t died perhaps we already have a family of our own you see he dreamt of having a baby, you know someone he could play with…”

“Oh, uhm what does Aiden look like? I mean I don’t ee any single pictures of him in your office.”

“I decided to burn them all, well only one left and it’s in my house I mean I don’t want to torture myself more right?”

“Yeah well I hope you enjoy my new artworks.”

Jessica smiled and handed him a cheque, Hyukjae was shocked with the amount.

“Jessica this is too much.”

“Look Hyuk, you’re creations are like rare jewel so I only give you a payment worth of this payment.” Jessica smiled .”And besides, you need this since you have now Donghae and what if you started to have a family right?”

Hyukjae nodded and thanked her.

 

(Back in Mokpo)

 

As they we’re all eating dinner after Hyukjae arrived, he suddenly frown when Sungmin offered him fried chicken.

“Hey something wrong?”

“Hyung I don’t want chicken it taste bad.”

“What? This is the first time Hyuk-hyung declines chicken.” Kyuhyun commented.

Suddenly Hyukjae drooled over the fish Donghae is eating.

“Can I have some?” Hyukjae asked him and without Donghae replying he took it and even eat more which also makes Heechul surprised.

“Hyuk, you said you hate seafood’s, especially fish but why are you eating them anyways?”

“I don’t know because they taste good, why is it bad that my taste buds changed?”

After dinner, Sungmin offered his brother strawberry yogurt but to their surprised Hyukjae throws up Donghae rushed beside his wife getting worried.

Weeks passed, Hyukjae throws up and suddenly stopped painting, he did not like the smell of his paint and he became sensitive and have some mood changes because of this, Heechul took his nephew in a hospital accompanied by his husband.

After some check-up, the doctor went outside reading the result with a smile on his face.

“Well, seems like you need to be take care of you wife twice as you did before.” The doctor said.

“Why? Is there a problem with my nephew?”

“Y-yes please, is my wife sick?”

“Well this is some kind of rare cases and seems like you wife is one of the lucky ones to be blessed, he’s 3 weeks pregnant.”

Hyukjae was shocked, Donghae and heechul’s jaw dropped as if it could almost reached the floor.

“Y-you mean I am a father.”

Donghae suddenly smiled and began to cheer in happiness, Heechul tried to calm him down, Hyukjae feels embarrassed as well especially when Donghae carried him and spin him around.

“YES I AM A FATHER! I AM THE BEST!” Donghae shouted in the middle of the corridor of the hospital.

“Yah, Hae, you forgot we are in a hospital.” Hyukjae told him.

“Oh sorry, so what do you want to eat uhm, so starting today no more painting and uhm…”

“Donghae, calm down I can’t believe I will have a grandson, so you should work harder now ok?”

Donghae nodded and kissed Hyukjae’s forehead, he doesn’t know why but hearing the news of having a baby makes his heart jump out like this has been his lifelong dream.