Chapter 3

What The Heart and Mind Can't Forget

It was almost 7am when he had woke up, seems like he is having good dreams lately since he is no longer the grumpy guy who would just eat his breakfast then approach his paintings. As he got up he looked into the mirror.

“Donghae=ssi says I’m pretty.” Hyukjae said smiling trying to do a cute pose. Realizing what he is doing he shook his head and tried to compose hisself.

“Yah! Lee Hyukjae, he just said you’re pretty why am I like a fangirl now aish! Donghae-ssi what have you done to me?” he said as he walkedout of his room but he was surprised Heechul is there but not Donghae.

“Uncle where is Donghae-ssi?” he asked him.

“Oh, he is in the other town, I asked him to do the things alone since I have some papers to finish, he’ll be back next.”

“Next week?” he gasped.

“Why is there any problem with that?” Heechul asking him as he looked suspiciously at his nephew.

“W-well, I am not used without him here, besides there’s no one for me to argue with.” Hyukjae said defensively.

“Is that the only reason?” Sungmin interrupted.

“Yah! I better start doing some painting, just bring my breakfast outside.”

Hyukjae said as he walked out.

As Hyukjae was starting to create a masterpiece he can’t get Donghae off his head, in the end he messed it up and he would just splash the painting in frustration.

“Hyuk, don’t take it out on your painting and is your favorite theme now is angst?” Sungmin said as he put down his brother’s breakfast.

“Sorry about that hyung, I just can’t think of anything, I don’t know what to paint I feel blank, uhm argh! I can’t find the right word.”

“Uninspired?” Sungmin questioned him.

“Huh?”

“Look, I am your brother so I know how you act we have been together like for eternity so I know what you feel, your falling for Donghae aren’t you?”

“I don’t know I am afraid, what if i…”

“Look, falling in love, getting hurt, then being in love all over again it’s part of life we need to learn to take risks, why you worried because of his ondition like, what if Donghae is married already, you don’t see any wedding ring right?”

“I…”

“Well think about what I told you, I better g Kyuhyun and I have a date again.”

“Hyung, you said you’ll never love again but why did you gave Kyuhyun a chance?”

“I used this.” Sungmin points his heart. “I know he is the one for me and will be with me forever.” Sungmin smiled and walked away.

Hyukjae sighed and fixed his painting as he was doing his piece he was surprised that he had finished it and it an image of Donghae.

“Omo! Maybe I am really in love with him, I mean I am in love with him.

Finally the day arrived for Donghae to return home, Hyukjae woke up earlier than he usually do and wait at the seashore for a boat to arrive, he just sit there even Sungmin bring his food outside because his brother refused to go inside.

“I want to be the first one to greet and welcome him home.” Hyukjae said, Sungmin nodded as he understand and went inside.

After two hours of waiting finally he spotted a boat going their way, he stands up and anticipating for Donghae to get off the boat, but his moments were ruined when Sungmin squealed that Donghae is home.

Before Hyukjae could welcome him, Heechul, Kyuhyun and Sungmin went and approached him, Hyukjae just froze there can’t find the words to say.

He enviously look at the three of them being hugged by the other man.

Suddenly he saw Donghae now standing in front of him.

“Hey, where’s my welcome?”

“Uhm, glad to see you again.” Hyukjae mumbled, Donghae smiled and gave him a warm embrace.

“You miss me?” Donghae asked him and Hyukjae just nodded in response.

“Oh, wait ihave something for you, I heard from Sungmin-hyung you like strawberries, I picked them up for you.” Hyukjae smiled seeing bunch of fresh strawberries from Donghae.

“Hyukjae, what will you say?” Sungmin asked him to snapped his borther of of his trance.

“T-thank you.” Sungmin grabbed the strawberries and suggest to make a strawberry cake for dessert.

 

It was almost evening after dinner, everyone return to their respective room, but Hyukjae can’t sleep so he decided to stay by the sea, he spotted Donghae also looking into the view so he approached him.

“Hey, you can’t sleep?” Hyukjae asked him.

“Yeah…”

“Donghae-ssi.”

“Can you just call me Donghae drop the formalities.”

“Donghae…”

“That’s better.” Donghae smiled at him.

“Donghae did you know I missed you.”

“I missed you more.” Donghae replied.

“I can’t stop thinking about you.”

“You’re all that runs into my mind.” Replied Donghae.

“I think I’m going crazy without you with me.”

“I can’t live a day not seeing you.” Donghae muttered.

"Donghae..”

“Just let me love you" Donghae whispered to Hyukjae’s ear, before he pulled the male closer, and closed the final distance by capturing  Hyukjae's lips as his own.

Yanking Hyukjae to his feet, only to push him on the bed, Donghae covered the other's body with his own, assaulting his lips with his own, delving lower to the other man's neck.

Pulling back for air after a couple of minutes, he leaned his forehead against Hyukjae's, breathing a little labored.

"I promise I’ll never hurt you, all the pain you experience before I will replace with my love for you."

"Hae, please promise me never to break my heart."

“I promise" Donghae replied, leaning in to capture his Hyukjae's lips in his own, his fingers slipping underneath the other's shirt to tease his torso.

 

The sun was perhaps the only thing that forced his eyelids open, and Donghae groaned as he rolled around the bed, struggling to tear his eyelids open. He saw Hyukjae sleeping soundly as he caressed his cheeks, Hyukjae slowly opened his eyes.

Hyukjae lay with his back against Donghae's chest, the other man languidly running his splayed hands across the Hyukjae's chest and torso, all whilst nibbling playfully at his shoulders and earlobes.

"Hae~ I love you~" Hyukjae suddenly murmured in a sing song voice. The cheekiness made Donghae smile, before he pulled Hyukjae closer and wrapped his legs around the other, settling his head on the pillow, before murmuring. "Let’s get married."

With those statement, Hyukjae got up and look at Donghae with wide eyes.

P.S Sorry I don't know how to write a love scene you see I am first timer when it comes to making fanfiction so I do apologize I know it's boring