Chapter 12

What The Heart and Mind Can't Forget

Hyukjae was watching the sunset at the veranda of their private love nest, Donghae seeing him spaced out sneakily give him a backhug.

“Aiden?”

“Seems like something’s bothering you huh?”

“I was thinking, perhaps it would be better if we stop seeing each other for a while.” Donghae was surprised upon Hyukjae’s statement.

“Why? After we have been through you’re just going to say those words?”

“But,  are you afraid that we would get our karma because of this?”

“ karma! Hyukjae, what else do you want? You almost have me everyday, I told you that we’ll find a way right? I will be Haeeun’s father.”

“Still, I don’t feel like continuing this.”

Suddenly Donghae feels crushed as he heard those words from him he suddenly kneeled to him hugging his waist.

“Aiden, what are you doing?” Hyukjae eyes got wide seeing the other man;s behaviour.

“Please, I can’t live without you, not a single day I always think about you. I just can’t”

Hyukjae’s face are now in tears, he cupped Donghae’s face.

“Aiden, please stop this, I won’t leave you okay? Even I said those words I don’t think I have the strength to be away from you, I need you, Haeeun needs you.”

“Don’t ever said those words again okay? You, we can’t be apart.”

“I know.” Hyukjae sighed. I guess I can never escaped this complications.

 

(At Junsu’s gallery)

Jessica slapped Siwon when he told him everything between Hyukjae and Siwon.

“How much money do you need huh? How much!” Jessica asaid with an angry tone at Siwon, “Tell me that you’re lying that you are just trying to ruin my rekationship with my husband and my best friend. HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED!”

“I said I don’t want money from you.” Replied Siwon getting upset.

“Excuse me Jess and you are?”

“This is Hyuk’s neighbor, the architect who adores him, he is Choi Siwon.”

“What’s the problem? It seems like you two are…” but Junsu was cut off by Jessica.

“He just barged in here, he is making stories about Aiden and Hyuk that the two are having an affair that’s what this bastard is telling me. See this!” Jessica handed her a paper that contains the address where Donghae and Hyukjae are. He said this is where the two are living together. He’s been spying on them Junsu! He said they have been having an affair for a long time… DAMN! DAM YOU! IF YOU’RE TELLING THE TRUTH!

 

At Aiden and Hykjae’s haven, both of them decided ton have a romantic candlelight dinner. Hyukjae prepared some desserts like chocolate cake for Donghae and some Strawberry cheesecake, roasted chicken and as usual Donghae’s favorite meal which is fish.

“Wow like were having a feast.” Said Donghae.

“I know I am just in the mood to prepare these for you.”

“Well seems like my Hyukkie really loves to spoil me.”

“It’s because you always make me happy Aiden.”

“I was thiniking how about we have terms of endearment.”

“What do you mean.”

“You know I want to call you like, Hyukkie-baby, or Hyukkie-pie.” Said Donghae lovingly.

“Yah! You’re so cheesy just sit okay and let’s enjoy this dinner together.”

 

Before they sat down Donghae kiss him on his lips, and he started to open a bottle of wine but their happy dinner where short-lived when they heard a knock on the door. The knock became louder and they heard a voice that were both familiar to them.

“AIDEN! AIDEN! , HYUK I KNOW YOU’RE THERE! OPEN THE DOOR AIDEN! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW! AIDEN!”

Hyukjae and Donghae looked at each other, they were puzzled to how Jessica know about their place as Donghae stands up, Hyukjae stopped him and decied to open the door himself.

He saw Jessica and Junsu behind her. Jessica in glaring at her as she went inside and spotted her husband sitting on the dining room.

“Hyuk we’re friends, best of friends, YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT? AND I AM YOUR BEST FRIEND…. YOUR BEST FRIEND!”

“Please stop confronting him Jessica, it was my fault.” Donghae defended Hyukjae who lowered his head being confronted by her.

“YOU WON’T BE HAPPY EVER! I WON’T LET YOU GO, AIDEN, EVEN IF  YOU’VE GIVEN ME UP FROM THIS TRAITOR! YOU WILL NEVER BE SEPARATED FROM ME! OBER MY DEAD BODY AIDEN!” Jessica started pushing Donghae who just kept quiet. “YOU BETTER LISTEN TO ME! Without a word Hyukjae left the place, while Donghae walked out of the veranda, with Jessica sits and cries on the chair with Junsu being confused who would he comfort but Hyukjae, shook his head when he tries to follow him so he stayed by Jessica’s side.

“YOU BOTH TRAITORS! YOU TRAITORS” Jessica keep shouting those words throing everything she sees on the table.

 

(Back at Hyukjae and Sungmin’s place)

Hyukjae keeps on crying as he walked inside the house, Sungmin and Kyuhyun who had been waiting for him approached him.

“Hyuk!”

“I wanna go back home, I wanna go back in Mokpo.” Hyukjae said as he embraced his brother.

Sungmin looked at Kyu and his husband nodded at him.

“We’ll all go back home hyung Min and I will be with you.”

“But you have a job here.”

“We have enough savings and besides I miss our place as well.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Kyu thank you.” Sungmin told his husband.

“Hyuk don’t cry we’ll leave tomorrow okay?”

 

(the next day)

Kyuhyun carried all the stuffs inside the van, while Sungmin bids goodbye to Siwon.

“So, are you staying there for good?” he asked Sungmin.

“Probably not, I don’t know with Hyuk, we might come back.”

“Sungmin-hyun I’m sorry I did not meant to…”

“I understand, you’re concern about my brother, but you won’t really understand why he did those stuff.”

“Well I better go.”

“Aren’t you going to wait for Hyuk, he’s just packing his stuff.”

“I don’t have the right to see him after wha I’ve done just take care okay?” Sungmin smiled he embraced Sungmin and shake hands with Kyuhyun and left to go to work.

Inside the house with a luggage in his hand Hyukjae looks around and with one final glance he opened the door and joined Haeeun who is carried by Sungmin and Kyuhyun.

 

(At Aiden and Jessica’s house)

 

Jessica comes back from a party only to see Aiden packing his things.

“You’re leaving Aiden?” she asked but got no response.

“You’re taking so many things.” Jessica still trying to have a conversation with him. “Where are you going? You haven’t  mentioned anything, What has gotten in your mind again?” Still silence was his answer to her.

“Answer me! Where are you going! Why are you not telling me, Where are you going?” Still Dnghae just continue to wear his clothes.

“Son-of-a ! Don’t treat me like a fool, please don’t do this to me AIDEN LEE! Answer me where are you going? DON’T MAKE ME A FOOL ANSWER ME! WHO IS GOING WITH YOU? WHERE ARE YOU GOING YOU BASTARD!” Jessica asked him, hitting her with her bag, Donghae finally snapped and push her, don’t ing curse me! My parents never did that to me. Who are you to do such a thing to me? Who are you anyway to me?” Donghae letting go of her. Suddenly his mother entered their room.

“Aiden what’s happening here? Jessica dear is there any problem?” the elder woman asked worriedly.

“Who am I in your life anyway? I am just your wife!” Jessica shouted at him.

“Give me child, give me one that may change everything that I’m doing now. Give me even just one child.” Jessica was silenced by those words he knew she can never fulfill her wish, and that makes her the worse in his eyes.

“Umma I’m leaving, I am going to check all of our branches all over the country, and I need time to be away from here.” Aiden said with Jessica slowly walking away.

 

(Back in Mokpo)

 

It has been two weeks since they left go back in their hometown, and today, everyone forgets their problem as they are celebrating Haeeun’s first birthday. Sungmin prepared the food with the help of Hyukjae, Kyuhyun do the decorations.

“Hyukjae, we have news for you.”

“What is it?” Hyukjae asked them curiously.”

“You see Hyung, you’re going to be an uncle, Min is 3 weeks pregnant.” Sungmin shyly smile to confirm his husband’s news.

“Omo! Hyung I am happy for you.” Hyukjae said as he hugged him. “So, let’s prepare Haeeun’s cake and start the party.”

“Not yet Hyuk.”

“Huh?”

Suddenly Sungmin and Kyuhyun looked at each other and smile as they see a boiat coming on their place.

“Finally.” Sungmin said.

“Hyung are we expecting some visitors.”

“No but you are.” Replied Sungmin.

Hyukjae went outside, suddenly to his surprise he saw a man standing there who is anticipating to see him.

As the boat stops, Hyukjae runs to him and held his face.

“Hey, you think you could get away that easily.”

“How?”

“Let’s just say a bunny told me where to find you.” Hyukjae turn and looked at Sungmin.

“Guilty as charged, Hyuk I may have been struct to you because I love you but seeing you back here always crying and being the Hyuk I know before you met him, I realized I want to do something for you, I know now I am consenting you but I can’t let you suffer or else your Umma might haunt me.”

“Hyung, thank you for making Haeeun’s birthday special.” Hyukjae whispered to him.

“Anything for you Hyuk.”

“Hey you two! Stop the drama I don’t wanna cry here =, let’s all go inside.” Kyuhyun told them as he is carrying Haeeun.”

“Aiden, let’s go inside.” Hyukjae smiled at him.

As they held hands together, you can see the love in their eyes, for Donghae even if he just knew Hyukjae for a short time he knew he was the one and as for Hyukjae who had known Donghae before he became Aiden Lee, he was happy not only for himself but for their daughter being with her on her special day. Yes his heart always betrayed him because no matter how much he wanted to stay away from him, as long as he returned to him he would always welcomed him with open arms.