Chapter 1

What The Heart and Mind Can't Forget

“Donghae! You need to prepare a little faster we’ll be late with the next appointment.”

“Yes hyung.” Donghae replied, it has been almost six months since he stayed in Mokpo where he is currently working as Dr. Kim’s assistant. They travel every place and tend poor sea creatures, from amusement parks and do research in the middle of the sea to Donghae’s delight.

“Sungmin-hyung, we’re leave, Hyukjae-ssi we’re leaving.”

Hyukjae just looked at him and continue doing his paintings without even giving a response. Yes Lee Hyukjae is the only one that had been cold to Donghae ever since he was taken by his uncle.

“Hyuk, Donghae said…”

“I know I heard they are leaving, just go to the kitchen give uncle their food so they won’t be hungry while they are on their trip.” Hyukjae told his half brother.

“Aish! this guy, fine.” SUngmin replied walking into the kitchen and run to Heechul and Donghae’s boat.

“Guys have these so you won’t need to but food there.” Sungmin said smiling and waving them goodbye as the boat is leaving.

“Hyukjae! Can you for once ignore what you are doing and bid them goodbye and hope for their safe trip.” SUngmin said as he approached him.

“Don’t worry both of them we’ll go back in one piece, darn! Now I no longer have blue paint, I should have told Uncle Heechul to buy me one.”

“Okay? So for the love of paint you will talk to him, you know what ever since Donghae lived with us you have been behaving weird.”

“What do you mean?” Hyukjae asking him as he is cleaning his brushes.

“Why did you hate him? I mean he does not do anything to you, or you think every guy is just the same like you ex-fiance?”

“That’s not it he’s lying to us, I know that’s not his name I can sense he is hiding something from us.”

“And so? Ifhe is we could have all been dead like from the first time we met him.” Sungmin replied.

“Hyung you know what just leave me alone, have a date with that Kyuhyun guy perhaps without you around I’ll be fine.” Hyukjae replied as he walked through his room and slam the door.

“Yah! Lee Hyukjae where’s your manners… oh well Oh Kyu!.” Sungmin seeing his boyfriend entering their house.

“Your monkey brother is upset again?”

“Yes he is, you really have a sense of timing I was supposed to got to your place and invite you to go to town you know like have a date.”

“I was thinking the same thing oh well, I’ll wait here go get change.”

Sungmin jumped happily and hugged his boyfriend.

Hyukjae who just stayed in the room just spin his monkey plushie suddenly he rolled his eyes when his brother shouts at him that Kyuhyun arrived and they’ll go for a date. He did not respond or anything but keeps on playing with his plushie.

“No one gets me at all I know he is lying, and I hate people who lied.” Hyukjae sighed as he just tried to close his eyes and sleep for a while.

 

(In Seoul)

 

“Aiden-oppa, I still miss you I still can’t believe you left me all alone you are my life, it’s six months now and I seems can’t to move on why of all people why did you have to leave me?” Jessica cried as he caressed the picture of his fiancé.

“Jessica!” it was her mother calling her.

“What?” Jessica asked as she wiped her tears.

“Well my friends and I are going to an auction?” her mother asked her.

“Don’t want to, just enjoy it without me.”

“Jess, it has been months now, you can’t isolate yourself in this room forever. And Junsu is here he wants you to see some new paintings that might interest you.”

“I already said I don’t want to go.”

“Jessica, Junsu is worried about you, and please for once.”

Jessica getting irritated since her mother won’t stop begging her.

“Fine, I’ll just take a bath.” Her mother smiled upon those words and left her room.

 

(at a painting gallery)

“Jessica!” Junsu squealed seeing his best friend.

“yah, can you keep that dolphin pitch of yours.” Jessica sighed.

“As if we both have it hahaha, but seriously finally you went out of your cave and show up.”

“Thank my annoying mom.”

“Well the bottom line you went out and you’re here, by the way these are the things that are for auction.”

Jessica look around as if she feels like bored because this is not her forte but one thing makes her animated she stared at some artworks as if she feels like she is really seeing the place.

“Junsu, these paintings do you know who made these?”

“Uhm it’s written there “Eunhyuk”

“Is that his real or her real name?”

“It’s a he, and no that’s just his name on the paintings, his true name is Lee Hyukjae he studied in France then now he stayed in somewhere far from the city, all he do is paint then he just sent me his artworks.”

“I want to meet him, I love these oh for the first time I am gonna so thank my mom for insisting me to go here.”

“Well, the thing I don’t know have his address usually he’ll just drop by here to send these wonderful paintings then he’ll go back again, of course amazed as I was I never asked him that oh how stupid of me.” Junsu replied.

“Well just inform me if he’ll drop by in Seoul, so I can meet him ok? I’ll tell my mom to place a bid on all his paintings.”

And for the first time Jessica seems to have a motivation instead of sulking around because of his fiancé’s death.

 

(In Mokpo)

 

Almost 6pm when, Donghae and Heechul arrived, it was earlier than expected, Sungmin who just come back from his date and with Kyuhyun just sitting beside him welcome them. Hyukjae is just preparing the food.

“Welcome home uncle.” Hyukjae said as he walked away Donghae stopped him.

“Uhm wait, I have something for you.” Donghae took the paperbag and give it to Hyukjae, the other man opened it and was surprised it was the blue paint that he just ran out of.

“I just noticed Yesterday, that something is lacking when you paint the sky and I realized you need them.”

“Thank you.” Hyukjae muttered and walked back inside.

“Oh, you really have a telepathy don’t you? He was almost upset forgetting to inform Uncle Heechul about those well, at least you got like 3 points for impressing my brother.

“Hey Min don’t tease hyung look at him he’sblushing.” Kyuhyun said.

“Stop it guys, well seems like this should be the start for my nephew to at least be warm to you.” Heechul commented.

“Well I do hope sir.”

As they enter the room, all food are prepared and of course Kyuhyun is with them eating happily and Dnghae stealing a glance of Hyukjae with a smile on his face.