Cave

The Next Bloodline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

Cave

 

Sulli quickly got dressed But her foot is aching too much that she can barely walk.

“Umm…I know you can hear me…you even heard me whisper earlier right? Wherever you are …I don’t think I can walk a bit more than I did earlier…I’m sorry to say this but…I think I could not even stand anymore.” Sulli took a deep breath.

“Here’s the deal…You can go ahead down so that you can get a healer for your wounds…I will wait here for Master Cha and the others…Let’s just meet at the base of the mountain tomorrow all right?” asked Sulli

There was no answer.

Did he not hear her?

Did he go too far?

Sulli tried to stand but her ankle gave way and she stumbled to a rock.

“Yeah great …what’s another wound anyway.” Said Sulli brushing the dirt off the fresh wound.

“You could’ve waited a second.” Said a voice from behind Sulli

Sulli felt the gush of wind around her. The black swan has landed.

“I am not as fast as I usually am when I’m wounded.” Said Minho

Sulli did not bother looking up at Minho. She continued cleaning her wound by reaching for water in the pond.

When Sulli could not reach it from where she sits, Minho scooped water in his hand and sat next to Sulli.

Minho then proceeded with cleaning Sulli’s wound.

He was very gentle with it…it felt almost relaxing…except the sudden pain when Minho touched her wound.

“Did you hear me? I mean my suggestion earlier?” asked Sulli

“Yes…I did. But the answer is no. We are not certain what happened to the others…you could be waiting here forever. And besides…I don’t go to healers.” Said Minho

“Why? Don’t you get sick?” asked Sulli

“They…Humans…fear me.” Said Minho

Oh…

Sulli could not say anything for a while.

“But you have large wounds.” Said Sulli

“I quickly heal…the wounds will close by tomorrow.” Said Minho

“No way.” Said Sulli. That’s impossible…the wounds are big and deep.”

Sulli yawned.

“You need to sleep.” Said Minho

“My body is exhausted…but my mind…I need to know how the others are doing…” said Sulli

Sulli lay on the grass looking up. In the dark…she can still see a potion of the island floating in the air.

“Dragons…can be scary creatures.” Said Sulli

Sulli closed her eyes.

Minho felt it when the human’s breathing became even…her body has finally given up to rest.

Minho picked up the woman and carried her on his arms. The woman instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck snuggling in against his chest.

Minho stopped walking….

It feels…warm…

Minho found a cave. He first blew fire in it to check if it’s safe. When nothing came out, he went in. He put some leaves on the floor and then laid Sulli on them.

It suddenly felt cold when Sulli’s body left his.

And Sulli felt it too apparently by the way her arms embraced herself.

Minho lifted Sulli. He sat down, the cave wall at his back. He made Sulli’s head lean on his neck. Her back leaning on his chest. He reached his arms around Sulli and pulled her tighter to him.

This will warm her…

--------------------------

Sulli opened her eyes…it’s such a comfortable warm feeling…the sun ray is flowing through….the cave.

She’s in a cave?

Sulli tried to sit up and noticed a set of arm hugging her.

Sulli turned around to see Minho. His eyes closed.

Minho…is hugging her….

Sulli’s heart is beating fast and loud….

“Umm… Minho?” asked Sulli

It seems he is sleeping…he said he doesn’t sleep…what a liar.

Sulli pulled out of Minho’s arms…why did he hug her?

Sulli felt the sudden jolt of pain in her ankle. And then she heard Minho’s groans. Sulli looked back..Minho looks uncomfortable…

Is he dreaming….

No…He won’t struggle like this if it is….

A nighmare….

--------------------

It was dark…but Minho can see a set of red eyes looking at him…it’s a beast…a dangerous beast…what does it want from him? There was a loud sound of horses and men outside…humans.

Minho looked outside and saw large carriages, horses….soldiers and Knights walking by the mountain side. They shouldn’t be here…there is a dangerous beast!

The beast went out of its hiding place and attacked the group. Minho leaped up to his feet but he can’t move…what is happening.

Then he saw the beast walking towards the largest carriage. The Knights and soldiers are surrounding the carriage to protect it…

By the carriage is a horse where a familiar person is sitting…He’s a bit younger than when Minho last saw him…but that is surely the King!

And then he saw someone next to the King…a well groomed Knight…but he is also familiar…someone he has seen before…

Master Cha…Cha Seung Won!

Master Cha shouted for everyone to hold their places. The beast preparing to attack. But some of the front liner soldiers lost control of their fear and shot arrows to the beast. The beast leaped to the soldiers! Killing them one by one in a horrible scene…

Minho struggled to get free of what’s holding him. He needs to move…the beast…is large….he will finish all the soldiers up in no time…

“Minho…” someone is calling his name.

“You have to wake up….”

“Open your eyes Minho….”

Who is this woman calling his name.

“Open your eyes for me.”

Minho slowly opened his eyes…

It started blurred but he slowly recognized the face….

Sulli….the human girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter