When black wings appear

The Next Bloodline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 23

When black wings appear

 

 

Master Cha entered the Room with the other circle members except for Minho and Chanyeol.

A young man is facing the healer…somehow…he looks familiar…

“He’s one of the 7 warriors.” Said Sunny

“So he’s also a shifter?” asked Kris

“I apologize for not revealing this earlier…I have…been terribly afraid to shift…since the time my mother…suffered an illness.” Said Luhan “I went here today in the hopes that the head of the clan knows what can be done for my mother.”

Sulli noticed the young man’s hands shaking behind him. Luhan still doesn’t want to leave his family…but he’s doing a sacrifice of revealing himself just so that his mother can be cured. He knows once he is revealed…he has no choice but to leave.

Everyone went out so that Luhan can show his transformation. Luhan looked up at the water sky. And then he spread his arms hoping that he can still go back to his human form after the transformation. He jumped up. And then closed his eyes on mid air.

“He can’t jump that high to reach the water.” Said one of the head’s assembly member.

But then as Luhan’s legs started to change, he went up and up and up. His arms begin to change too and then as he reached the water…he became a full Dolphin!

The members of the assembly were mesmerized.

“A full shifter!” said one

“We are blessed with another one.” Said another

Luhan seems to be enjoying in the water…he looked like he is flying above, dancing…twirling in the water.

It seems it is the first time he has conquered his fear…and finally, he realized his freedom.

A bit later, Luhan slowly descended from the water sky to the ground…wet…but happy.

“Wow.” Was the first word which came out from his mouth. “That was…”

Luhan looked at Sulli “That was great.”

Sulli smiled.

Chanyeol has told Sulli countless times before…nothing is more exhilarating to a shifter than when he transforms and blends with his territory…in Chanyeol’s case, A Lion in a jungle…In Luhan’s case…it’s the sea.

The head of the clan approached Luhan and then suddenly a blue mark appeared on his knee.

“You…” the head of the clan was left without a word.

“The Prophesy is absolute.” reminded Kris.

The head of the clan nodded.

“I need my mother cured…once she is all right…I’ll  leave with the circle.” Said Luhan.

The head of the clan took a deep breath. “Please be safe on the journey with the circle…we have only a few of you left…”

The head of the clan faced the assembly. “Fetch this young man’s family.”

-----------------------

The Circle were present when Luhan’s mother was brought in.  It took hours but the healers are still not done with the analysis.

Sunny walked near the healers and took a peak at the woman.

Hmm…a lovely mermaid…And then Sunny noticed something  behind the woman’s tail. It is covered by shadow…but it seems there is something on it.

A healer took blood from Luhan’s mother making the woman raise her tail.

Ahh….A Curse seal! It’s a circular black drawing that shows writing in old witchcraft characters.

“Stop taking her blood. You’d drain her.” said Sunny

All the healers looked at Sunny angrily.

“Are you a healer young already? If not, can you  move aside?” asked one healer

“I am no healer…but I am a sorcerer. As much as I want to turn you into a frog, I think the circle will not tolerate that.” said Sunny  “I have found something that may help Luhan’s mother.” Said Sunny

The healers gave Sunny a speculative look.

“Just move aside kid.” Said another healer.

“A Curse seal is on the woman’s tail.” Said Sunny “Check it if you want.”

Everyone was horrified!

“A Curse?” Nobody wants to lift the tail.

Luhan walked on and lifted His mother’s tail gently.

Everyone was aghast at the small but clear mark of a curse.

“What does that mean?” asked Luhan

“On the time your mother left after your father died…it seems she encountered some witch…And the witch wasn’t happy apparently…” said Sunny

“Is there a way to break the curse?” asked Master Cha

“Hmm…the best way is to find the witch that casted the curse and make her break it. Or…find a stronger witch or sorcerer to break it.” Said Sunny

“Can you try?” asked Sulli

“Me?! Do you think I’m strong? What if that’s a mega powerful witch that casted that curse?” asked Sunny

“You are our only sorcerer around.” Said the head of the clan.

Sunny looked around…by default, she needs to try.

Sunny took the big bulky book she has and started turning pages until she stopped at a page that has instructions on different positions of the stick and some words that has to be chanted. Sunny did everything in the instruction and in just a few seconds, the curse seal slowly faded…and then Luhan’s mother’s tail slowly turned into human legs.

Luhan hugged his mother.

“Mother!”

“Wow…so it’s just a weak witch all this time?” asked Sunny unbelieving.

Sulli prevented herself from talking. But Sunny has improved a lot from the time she first met her. Sunny may not have noticed it…but she has become a strong sorcerer.

“She has long been not able to walk…so it will take some time for her to go back to her normal life.” Said a healer

Luhan’s mother looked disoriented. It seems she’s finally regaining her memory of an encounter with a young witch. The witch was a child who envied her beauty. And when she tried to escape the witch..the witch apparently casted a curse on her.

Luhan looked back at Sulli.

If he told the head of the clan about his mother and the sorcerer was not around, it would have been worse. But the circle was there.

He was meant to be with the Circle.

----------------------------

Luhan took a few hours to get back to his family and say his goodbyes.  And then he met with the circle by the gates.

It’s the first time Sulli saw Chanyeol after his confession.

Chanyeol nodded at her.

“You found him” said Chanyeol

“No, WE all found him.” Said Sulli

Minho appeared behind them.

Sulli look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter