Bath

The Next Bloodline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

Bath

 

Sulli went out of hiding and took stones. She threw the stones to one of the dragon.

“No…Sulli….I told you to hide!” said Master Cha

The dragon went for Sulli.

Oh no….

Sulli ran fast.

Master Cha tried to ran after the Dragon which is after Sulli but was blocked by the other dragon.

Sulli ran as fast as she can further and further into the island.

The dragon is tailing her.

Sulli stopped dead.

She’s on the edge of the floating island…one step and she’ll fall.

Sulli turned back and saw the dragon flying down to her.

No…is this the end?

The dragon opened its mouth and roared.

So…it’s either that mouth or falling then?

Sulli closed her eyes and jumped.

Minho broke a bone in the dragon’s neck as he is on it’s back flying in the air… He then and then let it fall. As it was falling, Minho saw a thing falling..no jumping from the edge of the island…and it looks like it’s not going release out wings soon….

Minho looked closely….

Human…

Sulli.

Minho jumped from the dragon’s back.  Minho is still far from the edge of the island. He needs to reach it fast. Jumping won’t be enough.

Sulli’s heart that is beating really fast earlier is slowly calming down…she closed her eyes…She didn’t imagine her death would be of falling from  floating island…

But it’s a better death than being eaten alive by a Dragon.

Suddenly Sulli felt like her back hung on something. Sulli opened her eyes…did she hit the ground?

Sulli saw something blocking her vision…what is this…cloth?

Sulli looked up….Someone…a man is in font of her…

Shadow Man….

So He caught her….his arm around her back. Sulli grabbed Minho and reached Minho’s back to hold tight…but she felt something behind him….

Sulli looked at Minho’s face.

Minho has that stern look … His jaw clenched.

Wings.

Minho has wings…

Sulli looked around Minho’s back.

Black wings….jet black…wings….It’s so wide and big….

Sulli is lost for words….

And then suddenly in that small space between Minho’s head and wings Sulli saw a white dragon.

“Minho…” said Sulli

“I feel him.” Said Minho

Sulli can feel Minho’s voice so close to her.

Minho is holding Sulli against him…Sulli can even hear his heartbeat…

And then the white dragon threw wind arrows.

Minho was able to escape the attacks.

Minho can’t move well with the human in his arm.

Sulli saw more wind arrows.

Minho tried to escape each of them but the nearest arrow split into four. And 2 of them hit Minho. Minho was able to cover himself and Sulli with his left Wing. He held Sulli with one hand and drew a fire ball with another. He threw it to the dragon which was caught by surprise and got hit. It flew back to the island looking weak.

Sulli felt Minho and her going down.

“Minho.” Said Sulli

“My wing is damaged from that attack.” Said Minho “Hold on tight. We’re going to crash.”

Sulli wrapped her arms tightly around Minho’s waist. Sulli can feel Minho’s arms around her squeezing her.

And then they hit the floor…. HARD.

It took a while before Sulli can open her eyes….dust and smoke everywhere…..when it cleared out…she saw the ground….their fall created a large crater on the ground. And then she noticed Minho under her…Sulli is on top of him…

Did the shadow man…shield her from the fall?

Oh nooo….

Sulli can see blood flowing under Minho.

“Minho…are you all right…there’s blood….” Said Sulli

Minho opened his eyes…He tried to sit up.

“Your wing…has blood all over it.” Said Sulli “And your back…We fell hard…I’m sure it’s wounded all over…let me see your head….”

Minho can see tears forming in the eye of the human girl. He can feel the intense worry on the human girl’s voice as it cracks up. The way she reached his back.. the way she went behind him to check his wounds…the way she ran to look for water to clean them with…the way her knees is still shaking from what happened earlier but still she went running …

It’s the first time…he has seen someone...like this…

Minho touched his chest…something within it is troubling him…

Sulli went back with some water in a leaf and used it to clean the wound in his wing. And then when the water ran out, she ran again. And in just a few minutes, she’s back to clean his wounds on his back.

Doesn’t she see the back wings? Isn’t she afraid of him? Why isn’t she running away?

Minho closed his eyes at the sheer pain  as Sulli’s hand touched the wound. Sulli gently cleaned it.

Sulli went in front of Minho.

“Your wounds are big…and it looks bad…we need a healer. I can put something to cover it from the leaves…but I do not have medicine or enough healing knowledge to close your wounds.” Said Sulli

Minho doesn’t seem to be listening to Sulli.

“Minho?” Sulli looked around…They are on top of Mount Yukjun…where will they find a healer….

Minho looked at the worry on Sulli’s face.

The human girl...

What is she doing to him.

----------------------

M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter