5th

You're My Idol

"My name is Kris. I am a member of a kpop group called EXO. I was born in 1990. Nice to meet all of you" He said and walked back to his seat. 

The teacher started speaking and we all listened. "Ok, everyone listen up. The seat that everyone is sitting in today will be your assigned seats. Please know the person that's on the side of you well because you will be doing many presentations and projects together for the next 8 weeks. Since this class is only scheduled once per week. You will see this person 8 times throughout these 2 months. Ok, we have 20 minutes left of class , get to know your partner a little. When the bell ring you may leave"

So I can  hear everybody else chatting up a  storm all around me. I didn't know what to say to my partner. We just sat there awkardly for the past 5 minutes. I thought to myself. If he was my bias this conversation would probably be better and go smoothly.

The teacher came back into the classroom "I forgot to say, for next class, you have to tell me something you learn about your partner that you didn't know before. " Then she left the room.

I started panicking. I didn't even talk to him yet and there's only 10 minutes left. I turned my head to look at him and he was staring straight at me. I became flustered and didn't know what to say. So i just smiled gently and turned my head back around. 

Ding Dong Dang

The bell rang and I didn't even get  a word from him. I'm going to be so embarrassed next class. 

I went outside and saw my driver waiting for me already.  I went into the car and he drove off.

"Agashi (miss), Work?" He asked.

"Yes" I said dreadingly.

While sitting in the back, I texted my mom "Omma, Your evil. You planned this. I'm sad."

My mom texted back quickly "Siah, Mianhe (sorry), I didn't want to but grandma been asking for you that's why. Omma wants you to be happy. Please enjoy your stay there".

I really couldn't be mad at my mom, she's the sweetest person out there. I love her to death and would do anything for her. 

About 15 minutes later, I arrived at the restaurant. I worked there for a few hours then got in the car and went home. Work was not too bad since I use to help out my dad at his resturant. 

Two weeks have passed, it would be my second class of Korean language today . I was suppose to learn something about my partner. Last night I did a research about him all night. I didn't want to embarrass him or myself today. But thinking about it, he doesnt even know anything about me. 

Even though I did all the research, there was nothing that came up that i didn't know about him since he is a part of EXO. So I had to lie a little. 

"Siah and Kris, please come up, its your turn" The teacher instructed. "Ok go ahead" The teacher said looking at me first.

"What I learn about Kris is that.... he is the rapper and leader of EXO-M.  He was born on November 6, 1990 in Guangzhou, Guandong, China, He also holds a Canadian Citizenship. He attended middle school in Guangzhou, high school in Canada, and was the captain of the basketball teams for both schools. In 2007, he was cast into S.M. Entertainment after auditioning for the S.M. Global Audition held in Vancouver, Canada. He was introduced as the eleventh member of Exo on February 17, 2012.He speaks fluent Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese, English, and Korean". 

"Wow.. Sounds like a research instead of something he told you, ok good. Now Kris" The teacher said.

"HEHE" I awkwardly  laughed since  I knew them so well it did sound like a research.

"Ok, kris go ahead" the teacher said again.

"OMG, we're doomed. This is worth a quiz grade" I said in my head.

"Siah.... ummmm Siah is from America. She came to korea for school" and he paused..

"Kris we all know that, please tell us something we don't know" the teacher said. 

I looked down the whole time embarrassed. I can see him rubbing his hand vigorously.

"Sorry" I whispered quietly, feeling like it was my fault that I put him in this situation.

"Siah is very pretty even though she has a scar on her neck. Just because the scar is there doesn't mean it's a complexion or imperfection .I think it compliments her well. Even though I don't know the story behind the scar but I know that she's been through alot."

I just looked up at him shocked. How did he even notice this scar on me. When did he see it? He's right. I feel like this scar is a complex to me. I feel like it makes me ugly. But there is always a story to it. He's right I've been through alot.

"She also have a beauty mark behind her left ear" He said and the teacher went to look and I did have one that I didn't even know I did. He probably saw it when I put my head down and turn it the opposite direction from him. "Also after class, she will walk to her car because its already waiting for her". Then he looked at me and smile.

I felt his smile was so sincere, that he is very detailed.

"Ok, good job, you may go sit down now". the teacher instructed.

We both went to our seat and sat down. We become a little closer after that. By the next class, we actually talked a little.

"Why are you taking this class if you're already good at korean"? I asked him.

"I want to be as good as the teacher so I can teach my chinese members, so they can communicate better with the other members. I don't want them to feel left out when we have EXO promotions" He told me.

"Ahh, I see". 

Classes flew by quick and work as well. it was already the last day of class. I've become much closer with Kris  now but too bad I won't see him anymore since today is our last class. I can't believe i've been here for 2 months already. Today is our final exam. I've been studying like crazy for it. I haven't slept well for 2 days all ready.  The exam is about to start.

Kris whispered to me in chinese "Jai yo (Fighting)"

"Jai yo"  I said back. 

The exam took about 1 hour and Kris finished it in 30 minutes. After an hour I left the class room. I walked out thinking about the exam questions.

"Coffee" Kris said handing me a cup. "You don't want to fall asleep at work now"

I took it. "Thanks" and took a sip.

"How do you think you did"? He asked me.

"I think I did ok, how about you"? I asked back.

"It was too easy" He said smiling which made me pushed his shoulder away from jealousy.

"I wish I was as smart as you" I said to him.

"I think you're smart" He said patting my head.

We both walk outside together and my car was already waiting for me.

"Kris"? I said.

"You have to call me oppa since we're in korea before people think your disrespectul" He said giving me a smirk.

"Ne, Oppa" I said taunting him.

"Charanda (good job)" He awkwardly praised me.

"Do you always stare at every girl like that"? I suddenly asked sinceit was so noticeable how he stares at me in class.

He looked flustered "well"... 

Then my driver honk the horns to the car a few times.

"I have to go to work now. It was a pleasure to have you as my partner. Good luck to you and EXO"  I said while bowing and running to my car.

He bowed back "Take care"

My car drove off and  I  can still see Kris standing there at the steps. What is he thinking? It looks like he was  thinking deeply. I'm going to miss him, he's a great person. I hope I see him again in person some day.

"Why am  i such a shy person" Kris thought to himself. "I should have asked her for her number. I should have asked her to stay in touch. Babo,babo,babo" He said tapping the top of his head.

 

I got to work a little late today because of my exam. The restaurant looks busier that normal. I had to rush in and served quickly. I wasn't feeling well today. I didn't sleep good for the past 2 days and I couldn't eat well either. I felt really light headed today.

"Manager, can i leave early today"? I asked my supervisor.

"Serve your last customer first. She's over there in table 4" He told me.

I looked around at table 4. I saw and know who it was exaxctly. It was a member of the girl group Chanyeol is dating. The girl he is dating was sitting right across from her. That put me in even a worse mood, but I had to treat every customer with care. I filled up 4 cups of water and iced and walked to the table.

I suddenly feel really dizzy and the water on my tray tipped over and spilled all over Chanyeol's girlfriend.

"I'm sorry, i'm so sorry" I said bowing a million times , taking out a clean wash cloth and wiping her clothes.

"Hajima, hajima (Stop, stop it)" She said. "Don't you underestand korean. I told you to stop" Then she slapped me right across my face. It stinged so bad causing my eyes to become watery.

"This is my stage clothes, do you understand" she said to me in english.   "You've ruined it."

The supervisor came over and talked to her. "You may go home" The supervisor said to me.

I was so angry, I just quickly got my stuff and ran down the street. I didn't cry because it hurted, I cried because the person that slapped me was Chanyeol's GF. I feel bad for him to have such a GF. I sat down on the sidewalk with my head down on my knees and just cried. 

"Gwenchenayo"? someone said to me while tapping on my shoulder. 

I put my head up and turned to look at him.

"Ahh, Hanguk (Korean), you don't know? umm, Are you ok"? He asked again.

I can hear his voice and it sound very familiar, like I heard it somewhere before, but my eyes were too blurry from my tears so I can't see well. 

"I'm fine" I told him. 

He held my hand out and gave me a hankerchief, "You lip is bleeding".

I took the hankerchief and wiped my tears and lip. It was probably bleeding from the slap earlier. 

"Uh, you look familiar" He said suddenly. "Have I seen you somewhere"?

My eyes were a bit clearer now, I blinked a couple times and looked at his face. 

OMG, It was him. Not Kris, Not Chanyeol, But my kind of new bias in EXO. 

I remember now" he said. "The fan meeting right"? He asked. "That's right the fanmeeting, you was chanyeol's partner."

I thought to myself , how does he remember so well. He must have met many fans before but how can he pick me out so well.

I just stood there star strucked.

"Do you know who i am"? He asked. "I am an EXO member. Do you know me"?

"Yes, I know you. I know your name" I answered.

"What is it"? He asked.  

 

______________________________________________

I hope you are enjoying it so far. I'll update again when i get a chance ^^ thanks for reading my story.