Chapter 8: Lunchboxes

Arranged Marriage To.....

Right now, as I speak, AJ and I don't have a very good relationship. In the practice room, as we're practicing, he would bump into me on purpose, causing chaos in the practice room with glares from the other U-Kiss members. Most of the times, however, he critizes my dancing. Like, oh, I was moving too slowly or too fast. Sometimes, when I was exactly on rhythm, he would say I was just a little off. Inside the practice room, the other members could feel our hostile attitude against each other.

Soohyun would force us to gather around in a circle and try to make us talk things out. But it never works. No matter what the members do, we both still hate each other. All thanks to Eun Joo. Another reason to add on the long list of why I hate Eun Joo. Messing up all my relationships. At least I have Hye Sung...

Hye Sung seems to understand me better than anyone. It's a wonder why we didn't get married. Probably because Hye Sung still doesn't know how I feel about her and in Korea, it's already scandalous that a married man like me is hanging out with a single woman like her. But who really cares? It's not like I really love Eun Joo or anything. At least Hye Sung doesn't care. 

As I was in the mist of explaining all the bad luck that has hit me ever since I married Eun Joo, Hye Sung interrupted me. "Why don't you suggest a divorce then? I mean, you were forced to marry her after all."

"I can't," I explained, taking a sip of the iced coffee in front of me. Yes, it was early winter and it was extremely cold out by now, but thinking about AJ's relationship with me right now, made me angry. Especially Eun Joo, who was the main cause of it. "My mom would never allow me. I mean I could, but my mom would beat me with a stick if she found out! I don't get why she won't ask for a divorce! I mean, I treat her like dirt everyday and she sits there like a puppet or a doll doing whatever her grandfather wants her to do!"

Hye Sung let a sneaky smile creep onto her face as she leaned back on the wooden chair of a Starbuck's coffee shop. "Hmmm...." She gave me a look. I stared back her, as I continued to drink my iced coffee.

"What?" I asked.

"Could it be....." She continued. I continued to stare at her. "That she likes you?!" She nearly screamed out. People in the coffee shop turned to look at us. I tugged at the baseball cap pulling it firmly around my head. I had to admit, I gagged a bit when she said so. As I was coughing, she continued with her theory. "Maybe that's why she's willing to endure. Maybe she's using her grandfather as an excuse."

"Listen," I nearly hissed at Hye Sung. I managed to keep my temper down, since it was Hye Sung. "Like I said, she's like a doll, so first, let's get one thing straight. Dolls don't have feelings. And another thing I had told you earlier was that we barely see each other at home. She avoids me at home, therefore, how can there be time for her to fall in love with me. Not to mention, when we are together, I always feel negative around her, making me act negatively towards her. By the way, we are two completely different people. It's not possible for people like her to have feelings for me."

"I don't know, Dong Ho-ah...." She replied. "Like that wooden doll in America... It was a little kid's book, anyways, it was about a lonely old man who made this wooden doll. He was lonely and because he was a nice and lonely old man a fairy came and helped the wooden doll experience everything an actual human can to help keep the old man company. So with just a little of magic, she could change. It doesn't exactly have to be magic, just a little miracle can change her from a doll to human."

"Nice story, but I doubt it. If you lived with her, you'd understand." I snorted. Hye sung looked at me.

"What if I went over to your house for dinner tomorrow? Then I could tell for sure if she really likes you or not." Hye Sung said. I shook my head.

"I would love to have dinner with you, but with her.... No thanks." I said, finishing my coffee. Hye Sung smirked at me.

"Is the fearless Shin Dong Ho scared of a little love from his wife?" She teased. I shook my head. "Then we'll be having dinner at your house then." Hye Sung quickly got up and left before  I could say anything else. I sighed and as I put my head on the table. I would actually love it more than anything to eat dinner with Hye Sung, but not with Eun Joo. Tch, I hate her so much, I wish she would just disappear. No matter how hard she tries to make it seem like she doesn't exist, I know she does.

*AJ's POV*

I wake up early in the morning, thinking about Eun Joo as usual. Poor, yet beautiful Eun Joo. Has to live with a cruel lump of insults and coldness. I throw on my jogging outfit and jog to the park as usual to see Eun Joo sitting there, next to her violin and her red plaid backpack dozing off as usual. It was almost a daily thing. Except on the weekends, when she would sit on the park bench, thoughtfully thinking until Dong Ho has gone off to practice or something.

I sat next to her, looking at her as she continued to doze off. Seriously, it's dangerous for her to be sleeping like this out in the open. I mean here in Seoul, it's really safe, but still if a drunk man came up to her something could happen to her. I mean here in Seoul, it's okay to be on the streets walking and drinking at the same time. No one would stare at you, versus if you were in America. Of course, I would know since I went to New York to study. As I sat there, worried about Eun Joo, Eun started to stir. I patiently waited until she was fully awoken to talk to her.

"Why do you always sleep here early in the morning when you have a bed at home?" I asked her as she sat us straight. She looked at me.

"I want to make Dong Ho comfortable. He gets angry whenever he sees me and getting angry isn't good for his health. I don't want him to become stressed because of me." Eun Joo replies honestly. 

"But still, you need a good night's worth of sleep. It's not worth it for you to be this nice to him." I told her. 

"It's okay. It's not like it's affecting me that much anyways." Eun Joo replied shrugging. She handed me a huge bag. "I knew I'd be seeing you today, so I made this. They're lunch boxes. The pink one is for Dong Ho, the orange one is for you, the red one for Soohyun, and the blue one for Kevin. They should all be labelled." I look into the bag to see lunch boxes like she had said.

"Thanks, but why are you doing this for all of us? Making one or Dong Ho alone, doesn't make sense already." I said, putting the lunch boxes aside. 

"You guys are idols that work really hard. Mentors for thousands of people around the world. You guys need to eat to continue being mentors for them don't you?" Eun Joo replied. "Anyhow, it wasn't that hard making it. And please don't let Dong Ho know I made this." 

"Why?" I asked.

"Because if he finds out, he won't eat lunch then. I know that on most days you guys don't eat lunch like him, so if I make it, you guys should right?" Eun Joo asked. I nodded as I turned to focus on her. Even though she had done all this for Dong Ho, he would never know since he's too dense. I can't believe she was willing to go through this for Dong Ho.

"Anyhow, you should start sleeping at home until seven instead of waking up at five or whatever time you wake up. It's not good for your health." I told her. 

"It's the same thing, sleeping here or at home. It really doesn't affect me." Eun Joo said.

"No, it's different! It's safer there and it's much more comfortable to sleep on a bed than a park bench!" I insisted.

"The sofa and the park bench is the same thing honestly. It's just the park bench is a little harder." She insisted. I looked at her strangely.

"The sofa?" It had finally dawned on me that they did not share the same bed and I also knew that the two other rooms they had in the house didn't have any beds yet. So that bastard decides it's okay for him to have the bed while leaving Eun Joo with a sofa? "Eun Joo, why are you torturing yourself like this? Why are you letting him boss you around?" I asked angrily. Eun Joo didn't seem surprise at my behavior.

"Isn't that how marriage is supposed to be?" She asked, curious.

"NO! Of course not! Marriage is supposed to be with someone you love, not with someone that hates and treats you terribly." I blurted out.  She looks at me blankly and emotionlessly. 

"And how do you know when someone hates you or when someone loves you?" She questioned. My watch starts to beep meaning, I had better get back home and get changed to go to practice soon.

"How about I tell you at night when we meet up?" I asked her. She seems to hesitate a bit before agreeing.

"I'm not sure... I have to practice the violin and do the assignments the teachers assign me." She replies. Oh yeah, she still goes to college. "But I can do it at dinner tonight."

"I'll pick you up from you home?" I asked a little unsure.

"My grandfather doesn't think it's okay for a married woman like me to go out for dinner with a single man such as yourself. Maybe at my house, with Dong Ho?" She asked. I nod as I start to head back with the lunch boxes as she got up going to the bus stop. Dinner with her? Sound exciting, but Dong Ho....

 

 

*Yeah, not a very good chapter.... It's because of my lack of planning. I had no motivation whatsoever to do planning for this chapter, which is why it's so bad >.< The next chapter should be intresting and I have decided to add another character in. ^.^ But she's probably not going to be here until chapter ten? or maybe eleven. Anyhow enjoy~*