Chapter 10 Part One: Han River and Pools

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Dong Ho's POV*

It was now late at night. There was a bit of awkwardness throughout dinner between the four of us. Now, as I was walking Hye Sung home, since I didn't have a car due to the fact my manager drives me everywhere, I've noticed how Hye Sung has kept a distance from me. Of course, I had made sure that AJ had left the house before deciding to walk Hye Sung home, since I wouldn't want him alone in a house with Eun Joo, after what I had seen happen before dinner.

When we were right outside Hye Sung's apartment building, I gave her a smile. "So, I guess... Goodnight?" I said, trying to make it less awkward. Hye Sung stood there staring at me almost blankly, before rushing to give me a hug. I was surprised and baffled. I let my arms wrap around her as she stood there with her own arms wrapped around me.

"Hye Sung-ah... What's wrong?" I could feel the atmosphere change.

"It's nothing... But you've changed so much Dong Ho...." Hye Sung replied, her voice wavering with emotion. We stood there, holding each other close.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*AJ's POV*

Since Hoon had to shoot some scene for a drama he was starring in as the main male lead, Soohyun had a bad stomach flu, and not to mention, Kiseop went to some CF shooting thingy. Our reluctant manager agreed to give the rest of us a day off. Honestly, this the most amount of free time I'd gotten ever since I became an idol. I can't help, but smile as I walk down the block to Eun Joo's house with a bag with a lunch boxes in there, filled with kimbap. Before I can even ring the doorbell, the door opens to reveal Eun Joo.

"AJ?" I smiled at her. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I wanted to visit you and Dong Ho." I lied, knowing that Dong Ho wouldn't be home, since Hye Sung was precious to him and he'd spend every free moment with her.

"Really? Dong Ho isn't here right now. And I was about to visit my grandfather." Eun Joo held up the bag of dried persimmons we had bought a few days ago. "I was bringing the dried persimmons we bought on Wednesday to him."

"Hmmm... So does that mean you're busy right now?" Eun Joo looked thoughtfully at me.

"Well, I don't have to visit him today. I still have Sunday to do so." Eun Joo replied. "You can come in." Eun Joo stepped to the side of the doorway expecting me to come in.

"It's okay. I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to go somewhere with me today."

"Where are you going?" Eun Joo asked.

"I want to go to the Han River for a picnic with you." I held up the boxed kimbap to show her.

"Han River? It sounds good. Let me just put the dried persimmons in the kitchen. I'll be right back." Eun Joo went to the kitchen to leave the persimmons on the counter. We took the taxi to the Han River since, it was the most popular tourist attraction and it would be nearly impossible for me to find a parking spot there.

Since it was early winter, there weren't as many people there as there would've been in the spring or the summer. But still it was pretty busy there. With my normal clothes and sunglasses no one could recognized me. However, being here made me feel highly uncomfortable since there were A LOT of couples. Everywhere we looked there was a couple kissing or holding hands, thus making me feel out of place.

"The Han River is really nice. I can now see why it's the most popular tourist attraction." The way Eun Joo talked made it seem like it was her first time seeing the Han River.

"Is it your first time here?" I asked her. Eun Joo was facing the river, looking at it.

"Yes." She replied.

"Were you even born here? I mean anyone that has been born in Seoul has at least seen it twenty times!" I gaped at her.

"Well, I'm either studying or practicing my violin. Entering competitons and taking tests. I just didn't have the time for it." Eun Joo continued to watch the waves. "I was supposed to come here when I was eight."

"What happened?" I asked. What does she mean by supposed to come here when she was eight?

"My parents became busy." She said with ease.

"Well, at least you came here like eleven years later." I slowly guided her away from the riverside and under a bare tree, where we sat on the dusty and hard ground. We sat there eating the kimbap I made, which fell apart everytime I picked one up. After a while Eun Joo softly handed me a rolled kimbap.

"You're holding onto the kimbap too hard. Soften your grip on it." Eun Joo lightly placed it on the palm of my hand. I nodded and picked it up as softly as I could, just to have it become a couple of seperate pieces. "Next time, you should try to roll it nice and tightly. It wouldn't break as easily that way. Here." Eun Joo handed me another piece as I had refused to take it.

"It's only going to break if you give it to me." I said, rejecting the rolled kimbap. "And how do you know some much about kimbap. I thought that someone like you would have chefs cooking for you."

"It's true, but my grandfather paid for me to take cooking lessons. Kimbap was one of the first thing I learned." Eun Joo replied. She was still holding the kimbap out to me. "Take it. You have no choice anyways, since it's going to break apart." I smile at her and shook my head.

"I do have a choice. And I bet you, I can eat it without breaking it."

"If you want to bet." She replied. "But I don't think you're going to win."

"Oh really? Get me another kimbap. This one is about to fall apart." I instruct her. "If it's a bet, don't you think that the winner should get something?"

"But what do we have here that can be the reward?" Eun Joo asked, picking up another kimbap roll.

"It doesn't have to be an actual object, but what about anything the winner wants?" I suggest, knowing I would win. 

"Why not?" She replies holding the kimbap out to me. I smile at her and take the kimbap roll between her thumb and index finger with my mouth and begin to munch on the kimbap.

"See? I was able to do it!" I point out to her. "Now for my reward...." I look thoughtfully at her, as she waits patiently. "let's fly some kites together."

"Kites?" She looks at the few that are in the sky. "I don't know how though."

"Don't worry, you don't need to know how. I'll teach you." I said. "Right after we get a kite." By the time, I had gotten a kite and gotten it to fly up in the sky, it was already five p.m. I mean, since we had gotten to the Han River at three p.m., it's not that bad I suppose.

 

 

 

 

*So this is the end of part one of the chapter. I didn't want the chapter to be too long or perhaps a little to run on. But part 2 should be out today too... Anyhow enjoy~*