Chapter 21: Loving someone else

Arranged Marriage To.....

Eun Joo was too surprised to move. Once AJ had realized what he had done, he let Eun Joo go and backed up a foot, feeling his emotions changing. He was confident, yet so afraid of rejection.

"Eun Joo, I-"

"AJ, i-it's ge-getting late. Y-you should head back." Eun Joo managed to say.

"Eun Joo, please-" 

"I-I n-need some t-time alone." Eun Joo backed away from AJ, her back hitting the brick wall of the restaurant she was standing outside of. Seeing how Eun Joo had reacted, AJ did as she said and headed back to the hotel by himself.

*Eun Joo's POV*

I felt tired. The scene kept replaying in my head. Then my head began to remember something familiar happening to me before. My dream with Dong Ho. The dream that on the night of my birthday, he had kissed me. He had wished me a happy birthday before kissing me. 

My first kiss... It wasn't with Dong Ho like I dreamed... It was.... with AJ....

My heart kept beating faster and faster at the thought of AJ as I took my phone out, typing into the Google Search bar. "What happens if your heart beats faster at the thought of one person?" I said softly. My hands were sweating a bit as I clicked the first website I saw come up. Reading it out loud, but yet, soft so I was the only one who could hear it, I placed my hand over my beating heart.

"When ones' heart beats faster and faster at a thought of a certain 'someone', it usually means that you are..." Since it was written in such big font, I had to scroll down before reading it out loud.

"In love..." My eyes widened and I dropped my phone, letting it hit the concrete floor. Everything was just so confusing. Everyone around me seemed to move a lot faster and my head was spinning. I couldn't feel anything at one point and then, I watched as everything turned black.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Waking up in the hotel room I shared with Hye Ri, I was surprised. Hye Ri sat on the sofa, braiding her hair to make it into a french braid.

"Oh, Eun Joo! You're awake!" Hye Ri said as usual. I felt incredibly weak and gave her no response trying to remember what had happened.

Why am I here? The last thing I remembered was that I was by the restaurant waiting for Dong Ho... But then AJ came and he... Nevermind that. What happened after that? I found out that I liked- let's skip that part too. After I found out, I got dizzy and I... I- I don't know what happened. Was it AJ that carried me here?

"Hye Ri-ah." My lips felt dry, but ignoring it, I turned to Hye Ri. "What happened last night? How did I get here?"

Hye Ri went blank for a moment and then she seemed to remember. "Oh yeah. You fainted and then Hoon carried you back to the hotel." Hye Ri answered. "You're really lucky Hoon was there when you fainted. Who knows what would've happened if he wasn't there? You could've gotten ! Sheesh, Eun Joo, you've got to be more careful. If you're not feeling well, stay here until you've gotten better." 

Ah, so it was Hoon. Lucky me. Good thing it wasn't AJ. I can't bear to think about how embarrassed I would be if AJ had carried me here. 

Getting out of bed, there was a soft knock on the door as Hye Ri bounced up and went to get it. 

Love. What would grandfather do if he knew I liked someone other than Dong Ho? What would he do if he knew I kissed someone other than Dong Ho? I thought about the dream with Dong Ho again. The one where he had kissed me. Why? Why couldn't that dream have been real? Why couldn't the one I had with AJ be a dream? I felt my head become clouded with a million of questions and thoughts.

"Oh Dong Ho!" Hye Ri said, surprised. Hearing his name brought me back to reality. 

How am I supposed to face him? I thought, letting a tiny sigh come from me.

*Narrator's POV*

"Mmm... Hi." Dong Ho replied softly. He saw Eun Joo sitting on the edge of her bed, deep in thought. When Eun Joo looked up, he had tried to make eye contact with her, but she avoided it. She had felt so guilty after what had happened last night.

"Hye Ri, we're going downstairs to grab some breakfast and we were hoping you and Eun Joo would go." Dong Ho continued to speak softly.

"Oh, okay. Why don't you go downstairs first and we'll come down shortly after? Eun Joo has yet to get ready." Hye Ri said, nearly shooing Dong Ho.

"I'll wait for her then." Dong Ho said. Hye Ri nodded and invited him in. As Eun Joo had quickly shuffled into the bathroom, Dong Ho took a seat on the sofa, with Hye Ri. After a moment of silence, Hye Ri spoke up. 

"You look terrible. And I don't mean physically, but emotionally." Hye Ri said. "Did you not get any sleep last night?" Hye Ri had noticed the awkward atmosphere around Dong Ho.

"I don't know." Dong Ho mumbled, being anti-social. Once Eun Joo was done, they headed down the stairs to the dining hall to get something to eat.

"Who in their right minds would drink soda in the morning?! Miso soup is much more appropriate." Soohyun protested against Eli and Kiseop. Hye Ri slipped away from Dong Ho and Eun Joo and went to sit next to Hoon and Kevin, while Dong Ho sat next to Soohyun and Eun Joo. When their food had arrived, everyone continued to chatter and eat at the same time, which had made Eun Joo think of rule number 67. 

Dong Ho had eaten half of his meal when he noticed Eun Joo was distracted and had barely touched her food. Putting his bowl of rice down, he picked hers up and scooped a spoonful of it and held it by .

"Eat." His voice remained soft. Eun Joo was left surprised as she slowly allowed Dong Ho to feed her. The whole table seemed to snicker at them for a moment before turning back to their meal. As AJ sat there, he had tried to make eye contact with Eun Joo, but Eun Joo had refused to even look his way.

You idiot, why the hell did you have to kiss her? I mean if you hugged her, you could've covered it up by saying you meant you loved her in a brotherly way or maybe a friendly way? Stupid idiot. AJ thought frustratedly as he watched Dong Ho feed her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hye Ri and Kevin had mysteriously disappeared together after breakfast and the other members and invited Eun Joo to go to the noraebang with them. But Dong Ho had declined them.

"It's fine. I'll just stay here with Eun Joo." 

"You don't have to stay with me." Eun Joo replied.

"It's okay. I really want to make it up to you. I'm afraid if I don't so now, I won't be able to do it later." Dong Ho answered. "I mean, if you want to, that is."

"It really depends on you." Smiling, Dong Ho held his hand out towards Eun Joo. Confused, Eun Joo mimicked him as Dong Ho sighed, taking her hand.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit different." Eun Joo asked Dong Ho. Dong Ho led her out of the hotel.

"It's nothing really."

"When you say it like that, it means that it is something." Eun Joo replied thoughtfully and worriedly.

"It's nothing really. It's- It's just my watch broke." Dong Ho lied.

"Then should we go and look for a new one?" 

"It's fine." Dong Ho tried to divert her attention, but someone was calling her.

"Eun Joo!" Eun Joo turned to see a boy around their age. "It's been a long time hasn't it?"

"Hmm?" Eun Joo tried to think about where she'd seen this boy. "Ah! Seunghyun, it really has been a long time." Eun Joo gave Seunghyun a smile. "So what are you doing in Japan?"

"I have a shop here now. Well, technically my dad has a shop here, but since I watch it most of the time, I consider mines already." Seunghyun replied. "And I heard you got married! I'm guessing this is your husband right here. It's nice to meet you." Seunghyun shook Dong Ho's hand as Dong Ho stared at him. "I can't believe you didn't even invite me to your wedding! I mean even if you've forgotten me, your grandfather would've sent some invitations, but I guess you stopped him didn't you?"

"I didn't have a wedding ceremony." Eun Joo replied quickly. "Are you still playing the cello?"

"Yep. I play it all the time in the shop. The customers love it and often return. My shop is right around here. Do you want to see it?" Seunghyun asked. Eun Joo nodded enthusiastically, bringing Dong Ho along. When they walked into the shop, Eun Joo was surprised.

"You call this a shop? I call this a store!" Eun Joo said, turning to Seunghyun. He gave a sheepish smile as Eun Joo took a quick look around. "I never thought your father would open a clothing store like this."

"Neither did I. But since my dad didn't know what type of store to open, my mom helped him." Thinking of Dong Ho, Eun Joo remembered that they were going to get Dong Ho a new watch.

"Do you have any watches here?" Eun Joo asked. Seunghyun nodded.

"Do we? Of course we do! My mom actually makes them herself. They're all one-of-a kind since my mom works on the design herself and then she makes it. Follow me." Seunghyun brought them to the middle of the store where all the watches were laid out.

"I think this one looks nice. What do you think Dong Ho?" Eun Joo asked, picking one up and handing it to Dong Ho. Dong Ho shook his head. Eun Joo continued to scan her eyes across all the watches. "Oh this one!" Eun Joo picked another one up. "This one feels like you. Serious and quiet." Dong Ho had to admit that the watch was nice. The watch was silver and the face of the watch was black with silver numbering and hands. Seunghyun left to help another customer as Eun Joo continued to talk about the watch.

"These watches are the cheap ones. They'll break or run out of battery too fast." Dong Ho muttered, trying to make it seem like he wasn't interested in anything.  

"I think it's actually pretty nice." Eun Joo said. "I'm getting this one for you." Seunghyun came back as Eun Joo left to pay for the watch, in which Seunghyun protested saying she didn't need to pay for it and that it was a gift, but Eun Joo insisted on paying and ended up winning. Seunghyun approached Dong Ho, smiling.

"Impressive." Seunghyun said when he approached Dong Ho. "It's been such a long time since I've seen Eun Joo like this."

"Hmm? Like what?"

"Since she smiled. I was her best friend when she was seven years old. But when she turned nine, she stopped smiling. She had stopped hanging out with me as well since her grandfather had her study all the time then." Seunghyun replied.

"What about her parents?" Dong Ho asked.

"Oh her parents? They left her." Seunghyun answered. "They left her with her grandfather."

"What kind of parents are they?" Dong Ho asked with a hint of anger. "To have their child live that kind of a life.

"It's not like they had a choice. They-" Seunghyun was cut off by Eun Joo who went to get Dong Ho. Eun Joo and Seunghyun exchanged phone numbers quickly and talked a bit more before Seunghyun had to deal with a bunch of customers.

 

 

*Yeah, a pretty long chapter that never seems to get anywhere. I'm sorry guys. It was longer than I had anticipated it to be. I thought I could fit some parts in, but I guess not. By the way I've just updated my story 'Do opposites attract?' Another U-Kiss story, so if you like AJ, click on this link to read the first chapter! :D Hopefully I'll be updating this and the other story next week.! 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/529041/do-opposites-attract-ukissaj *