Chapter 7: If Only

Arranged Marriage To.....

As soon as we got back to Seoul, Eun Joo left to go attend her college classes, while I went to the U-Kiss practice room since I felt far to sick to go attend my college classes. When I got there, I leaned against the wall, patiently listening to Kevin complain to me. Kevin isn't the type to complain, but then again, he never complained about anything important. Just about the fact that the maknae of U-Kiss had found love before he did.

"What do you mean? I don't love her. I was forced to marry her." I add emphasis on the 'forced' part to exaggerate things a bit.

"Well, it doesn't look like your marriage is too bad off anyways." Kevin replies sighing. When the producer came in, everyone scrambled into their positions quickly, as I struggled to keep up. If I hadn't seen Hye Sung during my trip to Paris, I would've regret going there. But whatever.

After the long day of practicing, everyone started to pester me about going to my house for dinner. "Come on! Don't be so selfish, we also want to pay a visit to your wife. Please?" Soohyun pestered. I shook my head, but in the end they ended up winning. Even though they were excited and jumpy in the car, they entered my house quietly and tried their best to act mature.

When we first stepped foot into the house, we were welcomed by the light and sweet notes coming from a violin. Eun Joo. While the others were amazed with her violin skills, I was not. Back in Paris, when I had to share a room with her, she would practice for two hours straight each day.

"Wow, Eun Joo plays the violin really well." AJ commented. Eun Joo was probably practicing in the guest room, since we could hear it from the first floor. The guest room, mind you, was the closest room to the stairs and Eun Joo had made it her practice room for now. Until we go and get some beds for the guest room.

"Well, just saying, we all have to go and get those cup noodles from the convience store somewhere since I don't actually want to cook." I told them. Eli shot me a look.

"Come on, Dong Ho! Don't be so cheap!" Eli whined loudly. "You should at least serve us a proper meal for once in your life!" The music stopped as Eun Joo was coming down the stairs in no time, thanks to Eli.

"Hello." Eun Joo said, giving each of the U-Kiss members a tiny smile. "You guys must be Dong Ho's friends right? For the practice room?"

"Yes." They all chirped.

"Sit. I'll get all of you refreshments. Do you guys want anything in particular to drink? We don't have soda here, since I was raised differently than Dong Ho and I never really got a liking for soda. But is there anything else you'd like to drink?" Eun Joo asked as everyone moved to the sofa area or rather Eun Joo's sleeping space.

"Juice! Do you have any apple juice?" Kiseop asked eagerly.

"I'm sorry, but we don't. We only have orange juice, milk, and well, of course water." Eun Joo said apologetically.

"Fine, I'll have orange juice." Kiseop said, less enthusiastically. As everyone asked for the same thing, Eun Joo went to the kitchen with AJ following her.

"I'll have water." AJ said, as Eun Joo was pouring five cups of orange juice. Eun Joo replied with something I couldn't hear. But when she was done and was about to bring all five of the cups out at once AJ stopped her. From my angle, I could see the kitchen and what was going on. "I'll help you." AJ gave her the charming smile of his as he told all five of them uneasily and brought them over. Finally, Eun Joo came out to give AJ his cup of water.

"Hey," I sat up suddenly, coming into a realization. Kiseop cocked his head to the side looking at me, wondering about what i was going to say. "Hey if OJ is known as orange juice, then what does it make AJ?"  All of U-Kiss looked at AJ and then me.

"AJ would mean apple juice!" I said, laughing in sudden realization. Everyone, well almost everyone burst out laughing. It was everyone except, AJ and Eun Joo. I wasn't surprised about Eun Joo since she didn't have any sense of humor whatsoever and maybe AJ since it was his name.

"Anyways, would you guys like to have steak tonight? I don't have enough kimchi prepared and we ran out of rice. Maybe more like an American style dinner tonight?" Eun Joo asked. Eli and Kevin looked up and stared at Eun Joo. At the mention of American styled dinner, they got hyper. Eun Joo gave a tiny smile and then headed off to the kitchen to start making it.

"Kevin, you're making it look like you're getting hyper from the orange juice." Eli commented, throwing one of the cushions on the sofa at Kevin. Kevin gave him a goofy smile.

"What if it is?" Kevin asked, throwing the pillow and attacking Kiseop, who was sitting on the sofa across from him. I snickered and shook my head in disapproval. How could my hyungs be so childish? As I watched the cushions fly from sofa to sofa and all of them screaming. As my eyes travelled from sofa to sofa, I could feel that someone was missing. There are seven U-Kiss members. But why was there only six here? Who was the one missing?

AJ... Curious as to where he was, I took a brief tour around the second floor and then, finding nothing went back to the living room, puzzled to where he could be. He wasn't in the bathrooms, so where else could he be? Feeling a bit thirsty, I headed to the kitchen to get a drink. Bleh, I was really lazy and I didn't want to go get one, but too bad i hadn't requested one earlier when Eun Joo had offered. 

As I got closer to the kitchen, I could hear Eun Joo talking to someone. "Pass me the salt please." Eun joo said, looking up from the frying pan for a second to make eye contact with the person in the kitchen with her.

"Okay." Someone said, passing her the salt. After thanking whoever else was in there with her, she lightly salted the steak and then looked up.

"Do you think that you could watch the fire for the steak for a moment? Just flip it when you think the other side is cooked enough so it doesn't get burnt. I need to cut the bell peppers." Eun Joo said, making eye contact to whoever else was in there with her.

"Sure. Go and cut the peppers." AJ said, walking to the stove, where I could see him much clearly now. Thanking AJ again, she walked over to the counter where a bowl of washed peppers were sitting, waiting to be cut. As I watched them, i was beginning to notice that most of the time, AJ wasn't even watching the steak. Instead, most of the time, he was staring at Eun Joo who seemed to not notice.

When AJ turned his attention back to the steak, he flipped it over onto the other side. As he did so, a few drops of oil came flying out and landed on his left hands which caused him to yelp. Eun Joo, who was in the middle of cutting the peppers, stopped and ran over to AJ worried.

"Are you okay?" Eun Joo asked, taking AJ's left hand, which he was flinging wildly. As Eun Joo took a look at his pinkish skin, AJ gasped.

"Eun Joo-ah, that's what I should be asking you." AJ said, worriedly. "Your index finger is bleeding!" AJ pulled his hand away from Eun Joo's left hand and grabbed her right hand looking at the bleeding finger.

"What?" Eun Joo asked, a little confused. AJ showed her, her bleeding finger.

"Does it hurt?" AJ asked, as Eun Joo retrieved the first aid kit in one of the cabinets. She looked at AJ with a confused expression.

"Hurt?" She asked. AJ opened the first aid kit to get an alcohol wipe and cleaned her finger, in which she did not wince once.

"Hurt is the feeling you get when it you feeling like something is stinging around your wound. That's at least physically hurt. But emotionally hurt is when you feel like you want to cry after maybe seeing something that makes you upset." AJ explained. "Did the alcohol sting your finger?"

"No. Honestly, I didn't feel anything." Eun Joo replied, as AJ bandaged her finger. AJ sighed and shook his head.

"I'll do the rest of the cooking, you just rest or you can watch me and tell me what to do." AJ said. He took the burnt steak off of the frying pan and threw it away as Eun Joo insisted on making dinner.

"You're a guest. I can't possibly ask you to cook for me." She insisted. AJ turned to argue with her, when I cleared my throat and walked in.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, grabbing a cup and filling it with boiled water. AJ turned to me.

"Your wife here, cut her finger by accident when she was cutting the peppers. So I said I was going to cook dinner, but she keeps insisting on cooking with her wound." AJ explained as Eun Joo waited patiently for AJ to finish before saying what she wanted to.

"But as a guest, he should not have to prepare dinner for the rest of us. Instead the host or hostess should do so." Eun Joo explained. As AJ was about to argue with that, I finished my cup of water.

"If she wants to cook, just let her. It wouldn't matter if she was hurt or not." I replied, filling my cup with water and then walking out of the kitchen, with AJ. I had grabbed AJ out, not wanting him to be near Eun Joo. It's not out of jealousy or anything really. But she should just focus on cooking. If it wasn't for AJ trying to 'help' then Eun Joo wouldn't have accidentally cut her finger. AJ wanted to go back into the kitchen, but I made him stay in the living room with us.

"Dong Ho, she is your wife. I understand that you probably don't want me to cook, but your wife is hurt and yet you want her to cook? If you didn't want me helping, then you should've helped. What's with you being so mean to Eun Joo?" AJ hissed at me when I tried to stop him.

"I'm not being mean to her. I'm just giving her what she wants. She wants to cook alone. So fine. She can. Why are you being so nice to her? Do you like her? She's not even your wife, so leave us alone." I spat at him. AJ seemed to soften his hostile glare a bit. As I began to relax, he spoke up.

"If only she was my wife..."

 

*Idk how this chapter was.... I feel like it's a bit too rushed... But enjoy~ ^^*