Date/ Sick Day

Arranged Marriage To.....

Min Seo's POV

"What are you doing?" I blinked at the tall figure before me. Pushing his sunglasses up his nose and taking his face mask off so he could smile at me, I stood there bewildered as he pulled me into a hug.

"Let's go on a date today." It was funny how six words could cause my heart to beat so fast. My love for Jun... turned into love for this idiot before me, unfortunately. Forcing a discontented look on my face as he stood in front of my apartment door, I shook my head.

"What makes you think I'd go on a date with you?" I snorted as I pretend to close the door on him.

"Hmmm... Let's see. The fact that you might've been sleep talking all those times you've out with and have told me or at least someone in your dreams that you loved me?" My face quickly turns red as I shake my head, too stubborn to believe I had talked while I was sleeping.

"I've never had a problem with sleep talking before." I refute as he breaks down into a smile and pulls me closer to him.

"Can you not ruin the moment?" He complains. "I'm asking you out on a date and all you're doing is trying to reject me. Do you know how hard it was for me to pick up the courage to ask you out?"

"I don't know." I tease. "Just exactly how hard was it?"

"Now that I think about it, not very." He teases as he ruffles my hair and pokes my side causing me to jump a bit. I was a bit sensitive and had always been very ticklish.

"Not fair!" I complain as he sticks his tongue out at me.

"It's not fair that I worked so hard to plan our date out and you're not even willing to go." He says, poking fun at me. "I guess life is just this unfair. I guess all the money spent was just a waste. I'll just go home and cry my eyes out."

"Hm... not my problem. You're the one that planned it out without telling me." I shrugged in a teasing matter. "And I don't think a man like you would really cry over me."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, pretending to be offended.

"It means I don't believe you."

"I give you five minutes to get ready or I'm kidnapping you to go on the date." He takes a look at his watch as I stare at him. "A minute has passed, you now have four minutes or you're going on the date in your pajamas."

"Come on, today's my day off!" I complained. 

"Three more minutes left!"

"Alright! Sheesh!"

 

Eun Joo's POV

The television in the living room is shut off as soon as the news about the damage due to the thunderstorm last night ends. Dong Ho threw the remote aside as he coughed, ruffling his hair. Apparently, nobody had expected it to rain so heavily- or even at all. Or maybe it was the fact that they were far too busy and tired to even check the weather before zipping out of bed at five in the morning. I resisted a frown as I noticed how this was the fifth time he'd coughed in the past three minutes.

"Dong Ho, it's only been three minutes and you've already coughed five times. Are you feeling-" I paused momentarily, wondering if I should use the word.

"Sick?" He finished for me. "No, I'm not. Maybe I'm just tired. I came home at one in the morning, so I must be tired." Dong Ho shifted on the sofa and coughed once again causing me to move towards him.

"I think-" I touch his forehead with my hand and with my other, I touch my forehead. "You're sick. After all, you came home drenched in the rain from the concert in Gangnam right?" Recently, Dong Ho had kept me updated on his schedule and where he'd perform. At times, he has asked me whether I would like to come along. But afraid of being a burden, I declined. After all, I didn't want him to think of me as a burden. Things have slowly gotten-better. That was the word I was looking for. Everything has gotten better recently. 

When it comes to have tea with my grandfather, he'd try to join along but would always cause an- what was that word again? Oh, right. Awkward atmosphere. My grandfather, believing that I have been taking better care of him, left me alone. But that doesn't stop his endless calls, reminding me to practice for my violin competition. Which reminds me of the competition I'd signed up for that takes place on June 29th.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He sputters between his next cough. Taking his hand, I lead him upstairs to his room to let him rest a bit more. Shaking his head and repeating the phrase, "I'm fine", I force him into bed as he closes his eyes in defeat. Closing his bedroom door, I breathe out a sigh of relief before coughing a bit. Heading into the kitchen, I prepared juk for him.

He'd woken up at noon and I was tempted to bring it upstairs for him, but he refused and said he'd go downstairs as normal. Telling me to head downstairs first and put some into a bowl, I nodded and was ready to go down. At the sudden memory of having to refill his cup with water, I walked back up the stairs to see Dong Ho leaving a room other than his bedroom. Curious, I couldn't help but voice out my thoughts.

"What were you doing in there?" I asked as he shut the door. Startled my sudden appearance or rather my voice, he turned to look and me and scratched his neck.

"Nothing. I just- put some of my stuff in there. It's really messy in there and I don't think you'll be able to sleep in your room for a couple of months." Sending him a questioning look, he smiled and placed his hands on my shoulders, turning me around. "Let's just go downstairs and eat, okay?"

The rest of the day was spent with me, taking care of Dong Ho. At times, he would walk in and out of my room and would prevent me from going inside. Still curious to what was in there, I fought with my self control to keep myself from walking into the room to see what he was doing. As night fell, Dong Ho pulled me into his room and rearranged the pillows and blanket.

"Since I've taken your room to put my stuff in it, you can just sleep with me." Stunned, I took a step back and shook my head. The last couple of times I'd spent sleeping in the same bed or even room with him was- months ago. And every time, I found myself sleeping on the sofa once again after a while of sleeping with him as I've always managed to upset him.

"Are you sure?" My eyebrows unwillingly knit together as I struggled to compose myself once again. "I mean-"

"Just so you know, even if we have a slight disagreement or argument, you are to sleep on the same bed with me. If things get bad, I'll be the one to sleep on the sofa okay?" Dong Ho puts his hands on my shoulders again and sends me a reassuring smile. "I feel bad for having you sleep on the sofa for the first couple of months. I don't want you to do it again."

"It's okay. The sofa isn't that bad." I said, reassuringly. 

"After sleeping on the sofa a couple of times, I would beg to differ." He retorted as he crawled into bed. Coughing, I slid under the covers next to him as he snuggled against a pillow. 

"Good night, Dong Ho."

"Eum? You too."

 

The Next Morning...

The next morning, Eun Joo woke up with her forehead drenched in sweat. Not thinking too much about it, she stumbled out of bed and headed into the bathroom to wash up and then prepare breakfast. In the midst of her coughing fits, Dong Ho got out of bed to check up on her.

"You're sick." He stated once his hand had landed on her hot forehead. Sending a few weak coughs in response, Eun Joo had concluded that she was sick. Was this her second time in a year? She wasn't too sure and didn't fight back when Dong Ho had ushered her back into bed like she'd done many times for him. When Dong Ho crawled back into bed with her, she shifted to her side and coughed.

"What about breakfast?" She mumbled as Dong Ho inched closer to her. 

"I made an order." Dong Ho replied, closing his eyes as soon as he reached Eun Joo's side. "And don't worry. I asked for less salt in the juk." Eun Joo didn't say anything else as the room was filled with silence.

"Your nose is red." Eun Joo blurted out without thinking. It was very unlike her, but she was dizzy and the silence was suffocating. Dong Ho opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Your nose is red too." He says, staring at her equally red nose. Covering her nose with her hand, she pinched it.

"I can't feel it." She comments. 

"You look like Rudolph." Dong Ho says, attempting to . Not taking any effect on her as she wasn't used to being teased, she buries herself deeper into the fluffy blue blanket. "On the second thought, reindeers are so cute. And the opposite of cute would be you." 

"Reindeers are cute. And I've never done agyeo before, so I wouldn't have classified myself as cute either." Eun Joo looks at Dong Ho. "You're not cute either."

"But we can at least all agree that I'm the cuter one of us two." Dong Ho pokes Eun Joo as she closes her eyes. "I would call you a clown because you're as scary as one right now." Eun Joo's eyes open and she eyes Dong Ho.

"What do you mean by scary?"

"I would bring you a mirror to see, but it's not my promotion period right now and I can't afford buying a new mirror for every one that you break." Dong Ho teases as Eun Joo sends Dong Ho a bewildered look.

"I won't break them. What makes you think I would break mirrors?"  Eun Joo questions, not entirely following what he was saying. "It's dangerous and glass. And also a waste of money too." Dong Ho blinks back in surprise as he stares at the naive and queer Eun Joo as she buries herself back underneath the blanket.

"I'm cold," Dong Ho blurts out, the goose bumps on his arms forming. Eun Joo is ready to get out of bed and bring the blanket from her room, but instead Dong Ho inches closer and yet closer to her, until Eun Joo is trapped in his arms. 

"What are you doing?" Eun Joo inquires, feeling rather comfortable in his arms but not wanting to admit it.

"I'm stealing your body heat." Dong Ho simply answers as he closes his eyes. "So close your eyes." The warmth that had emitted from Dong Ho made Eun Joo feel warm inside and her heart beat faster as she allowed herself to relax in his arms. 

And that was how the rest of their day was spent.

In each other's arms.

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating for about a month/ even more! I've been caught up with the other stories such as 'Do Opposites Attract'. I've updated that story twice in one month! Yay! This story will be ending very soon. And I mean very soon. I expect at least 4-5 chapters left. And because of this, my updates will be slower. Sorry! >.< But here's some fluff and a filler chapter for all you guys! Min Seo and Hoon has started dating <3 Ah, love xD. Well enjoy~