Chapter 12: Idiot

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Eun Joo's POV* 

My forehead is still burning hot on Monday morning, but ignoring it, I headed to school as usual after making Dong Ho's breakfast. It was still fairly early in the morning when I arrived at school, considering that it was seven a.m. Even though I am walking through the quiet and still halls of the school, I know that I wasn't walking alone and that the halls weren't completely empty, though it had seemed so. Grandfather's bodyguards were surely watching me from afar. I head to the music room, where my music teacher sat talking to someone I've never met before. 

"Ah, Eun Joo!" My music teacher, Kang Se Na said enthusiastically, despite the cast on her left arm. "This is Hye Ri. Another student of mine, but mind you, she plays the piano." Hye Ri stood up, her lips curving into a smile as she held out her hand.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Song Eun Joo." I replied, politely, taking her hand and shaking it.

"Oh, yes. I've heard all about you from Ms. Kang." Hye Ri said lightly.

"Eun Joo-ah, as you can see, I've sprained my left arm." Se Na said with a twinge of embarrassment in her voice. "This means I cannot perform the violin duet with you for the competition. Without saying, I was hoping Hye Ri could do a violin and piano duet with you. Since the piano and the violin are from the string family, it shouldn't be too hard to do a duet together. I hope it's alright with the both of you."

"It's fine. You've already done a lot to help me." I replied, though I knew it would take some adapting for me to do. 

"I think it'll be a good experience for me to do a duet with a violin." Hye Ri agreed. 

"So it's decided." Se Na said happily.

*Dong Ho's POV*

I was starving when I got home at nine p.m. I didn't have any time to get a little snack after school and I was rushed to the dance room. When I got there, I was dancing for the next few hours, without a tiny break. Of course AJ had been pestering me the past two days about Eun Joo, in which I could provide no answer for since Eun Joo and I have not been in the same room for more than five minutes ever since her grandfather had that unexpected visit.

Surprisingly, dinner wasn't waiting for me on the dining room table. Sighing, I took a quick tour around the house looking for her. She wasn't anywhere in the house. I searched the house again, beginning to feel anxious. First off, with all my knowledge about Eun Joo, she wouldn't stay out this late. Taking my phone out, I dialed her number in which I could hear faint ringing sounds in the house. I went down the stairs to the living room, where her phone was left ringing.

Where could she have gone? Did something bad happen to her? She's out this late without her phone and without leaving a note? This is too much of a coincidence! I thought anxiously. Grabbing my keys, I headed out to look for her. I spent the next hour wandering the streets close to our house and went around trying to find her. I passed by a few convience stores and coffee shops, which i never bothered looking in since based on Eun Joo's grandfather, someone as strict as him, would NEVER let her go to such places and with Eun Joo's personality, she wouldn't go against her grandfather without an exceptionally good reason or if I were to go to such places with her. 

And as far as I knew, Eun Joo wasn't particularly close to anyone. Except..... AJ. But it wasn't possible for her to be with him, since AJ and I left practice at the same time and after the whole incident between her grandfather and her, he wouldn't dare to see her again and cause her more trouble would he? 

Still, this was like Paris all over again, except it was happening in a much shorter time. Within a hour of not being able to find her, I headed home. Opening the door slowly since I was now insanely tired and hungry, I saw Eun Joo shuffling around the house as usual. She was taking off her jacket when she looked up and gave me a tiny smile.

"Where were you?" I asked her almost revealing how angry and worried I was with my tone. Eun Joo hung up her jacket before replying.

"I was at Hye Ri's home, practicing for the upcoming music competition." Eun Joo replied calmly. "Did you just come home from practice?" I turned my back to her, very much annoyed with her, but mostly annoyed at myself. You idiot. Who are you kidding? Out of all the people I could worry about it just had to be her. I mean doesn't her grandfather have someone following her now? You're an idiot. Just focus on Hye Sung.

"Oh, right." Eun Joo said clasping her hands together. "I forgot to make you dinner. Right after school, I went over to her home to practice with her and didn't remember that I had to come home and make dinner. You must be hungry right? I'll go cook some rice now." Eun Joo hurried over to the kitchen and began to wash and cook the rice.

"Whatever." I muttered. I headed up the stairs to change out of my sweat drenched clothes. Five minutes later, when I'm lying on my bed, wondering how I could see Hye Sung again without ever thinking about Eun Joo's grandfather, I hear a crash downstairs. My eyes widened at the sound of the crash.

What's happening? Did something happen to Eun Joo? Dong Ho, get up and check you idiot! I thought sitting straight up on my bed, ready to bolt down the stairs. I stopped myself before I could bolt down the stairs. Eun Joo is fine isn't she? I mean just a moment ago you were talking about how you shouldn't be worried about Eun Joo. I mean after all she was raised to be perfect right?  Clearing my head of all thoughts, I put on my best annoyed face and headed down the stairs calmly.

"What's with all the noise? Is dinner ready yet?" I asked, annoyed. I was again annoyed with myself for almost being worried about Eun Joo. I didn't hear a reply. Clearing my throat, I headed into the kitchen. The stove was running and was frying the fish and another pan that I supposed was filled with bell peppers was on the floor with clean slices of bell peppers and Eun Joo. I rushed over to Eun Joo.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" I asked Eun Joo who was almost totally knocked out. I got a faint cough from her, before having her totally knocked out in front of me. Her face was red and sweat was running down her face as I felt her forehead. It was burning hot. I removed the also burning hot frying pan off her arm, which had left a burn on her right arm. I quickly carried her to the sofa and then went back to the kitchen to turn the stove off.

Sighing, I turned to look at her. She looked uncomfortable on the sofa. Bracing myself to carry her up the stairs, I shook my head. I had decided to let her sleep on my bed tonight. I went to get a cold wet cloth and then I went back to her, cleaning the sweat off her forehead. After that, I got another one and dabbed at her burn on her right arm. As I went to check if maybe her left arm had any burns, I could see that on her left hand, her fingers were all red and and a line imprint on each of them except the thumb. After thinking to myself, I shook my head in dismay towards her. 

Whenever I had come home tired, she would always say that I shouldn't overwork myself, but secretly, she does it to herself as well. She must've been playing the violin for a few hours. After I had taken care of her, I went downstairs to the kitchen to clean up and then continue cooking the fish so I could at least have something in my stomach. After dinner, I went up the stairs to check up on her. She was sleeping more soundly and didn't sweat as much as she did before. I didn't want to sleep with her, since our relationship wasn't actually good, so I headed down the stairs to sleep on the sofa.

I couldn't stop tossing and turning on the sofa. The sofa wasn't the best place to sleep on exactly. Lying on the sofa, I couldn't help but think about Eun Joo. How did she manage to get any sleep on this thing? I turned the T.V. on and laid there on my side watching whatever was on. After two shows, which is the same as two hours, I finally fell asleep.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up at five a.m., to hear tiny bits of shuffling. My back was killing me. The sofa wasn't exactly my best friend at this point. I had a blanket over me when I woke up, which was not there when I  fell asleep. I blinked slowly as I too a look around the living room. No one was here. My throat was feeling a bit dry, so I got up to get a cup of water to see Eun Joo making breakfast.

"Sorry, if I woke you up." Eun Joo apologized. "What do you need?" 

"Water." I muttered. Eun Joo left the frying pan and turned to get me a glass of water. She handed me a cup of water and I stared at her. "What are you doing out of bed this early?"

"I have to go to school." Eun Joo replied, making omirice. 

"This early though?" I asked, drinking water.

"This is the time I wake up everyday. I also need to practice for the music competition. It's coming up in a month." I gave her a strict look. I felt her forehead in which she moved slightly away from me.

"You're still sick. Go back to sleep." I told her as she finished the omirice. She put the omirice on the table and covered it wit cloth shaking her head.

"I will once I get home from school." Eun Joo said, walking towards the front door. Wow, she was all ready to leave already?! As she was about to pick up her violin case, I grabbed it, giving her the look.

"Who knows if you will come home? What if you faint again like you did yesterday? Don't go to school today." I commanded her.

"I'm fine. I've never been sick before or fainted for the past ten years. I'm going to be fine." Eun Joo said in her normal steady voice. She reached for her violin in which I ran up the stairs into my bedroom locking the door. Good thing my bedroom had it's own bathroom. I could hear Eun Joo knocking on my bedroom door. "Dong Ho, please give me my violin back. I'm fine." Ignoring her, I changed and got ready. As she continued to knock on the door, I opened it, almost causing her to hit me on the chest.

"Can I have my violin back?" She asked. I took her violin and headed down the stairs quickly.

"Without your violin there's no point in you going to school right?" I said as I was running out of the house. "Get some sleep!" I ran off before Eun Joo could say anything. When I felt that Eun Joo wouldn't be able to catch up with me, I leaned against a wall and looked at her violin annoyed. What have I gotten myself into? Now I'm going to have to carry this thing around with me.

I hate you, Dong Ho. You're such an idiot. I thought bitterly.

 

 

*Sorry for the not updating when I usually do. Like on Monday and Friday. Honestly, I'm also planning out my next story, so I have a lot on my mind right now. And if you haven't, please do vote on the poll regarding my character's personality in the next story. ^^ Enjoy~*